The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

You guys don't understand how GW works.  They can only produce so much plastic a week. They need to expand their factories. That is not easy fast or cheap. 

This is why most releases this year are terrain/spells. They don't have to make minis. 

As far as  complaints about Lord Relictor, Island of Blood, again you have to understand the reality. Lord relictor is on a sprue with other minis. It will never be sold alone unless it is redesigned from scratch.  Same for any mini that shares a sprue with other minis. 

Dont read into it. They just repeated all the same armies as last year. 

I thought they also shipped the SC when you bought a carno, or did they change it when SC prices went up?

Ha! I promise I don’t think the stork brings baby miniatures to their homes. I’ve had the talk, I understand that it takes a factory and people who love each other very much to make the miracle of Warhammer. 

I also think, that perhaps after hearing about factory problems for almost two years, one might say- hey maybe that should get fixed. Instead of- you all are being unreasonable and demanding that a company make the miniatures they market! That, to me, is more of a misunderstanding of a company/customer relationship than asking to be able to buy merchandise. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

The inclusion of Slaves to Darkness as a allegiance ability in GHB 2019 really takes mes aback. Who knows what's next for Archaon & the Darkoath !

Also, the non-inclusion of Soulblight could be a telltale sign for out next death army ?

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Saiken said:

The inclusion of Slaves to Darkness as a allegiance ability in GHB 2019 really takes mes aback. Who knows what's next for Archaon & the Darkoath !

Also, the non-inclusion of Soulblight could be a telltale sign for out next death army ?

Unlikely. These are exactly the allegiances that have also been in the last two GHBs and not yet covered by any battletome. Soulblight allegiance is now in LoN, so no reason for a reprint.

I don't think there is any room at all to read any speculation out of them whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Ha! I promise I don’t think the stork brings baby miniatures to their homes. I’ve had the talk, I understand that it takes a factory and people who love each other very much to make the miracle of Warhammer. 

I also think, that perhaps after hearing about factory problems for almost two years, one might say- hey maybe that should get fixed. Instead of- you all are being unreasonable and demanding that a company make the miniatures they market! That, to me, is more of a misunderstanding of a company/customer relationship than asking to be able to buy merchandise. 

They are fixing it, they are building a new factory. As an aside, have you given your complaints directly to GW? An actual email, letter or phone call?

Back to rumours, I'm really looking forward to the 1k stuff. I've found it really easy to build, collect and paint 1k armies, having a structure to use them will be good instead of scaling down the current battle plans.

Also interested to see the new command abilities available to every army

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zanzou said:

Anyone who saw the  GHB video recall them mentioning anything noteworth that wasn't mentioned in the article?

Most interesting thing they mentioned is the digital version of the booklet with the pitched profiles for free.

Most disarming thing they mentioned is the reason why there is a digital version: they finished the GHB before Gloomspite was completed so the points for them and all other books afterwards are not included.

Everything else is already mentioned somewhere else, they put emphasis on the small format games so here hoping the 1000pt games on a dining table will actually be strategically relevant 

• Thanks 1

I think the only thing to takeaway from the new GHB having just the leftover allegiance abilities from last year, is that GW is moving away from using the GHB as a vehicle for providing stopgap/test rules for unsupported or older factions. We already know they have plans to support all factions (in some form) by the end of 2020, this just means they don't see any reason to provide additional emt support for factions that don't have rules yet.

Well I guess I got some crow to eat on backlogs

buuuuut the slaves to darkness inclusion seems odd. With warcry coming along I thought it would be a sure thing that they are getting their own battle tome. Maybe it will be like soulblight was, releasing the alliance rules and then putting it in a book soon after

52 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Most disarming thing they mentioned is the reason why there is a digital version: they finished the GHB before Gloomspite was completed so the points for them and all other books afterwards are not included.

So no points changes for anything Goblins, Khorne, FEC, Skaven, or Fyreslayer?
A bit concerning. Also makes me wonder why they would complete the book so early, and then just sit on it like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

A bit concerning. Also makes me wonder why they would complete the book so early, and then just sit on it like that.

There's likely a few components to it:

1) GW has it released at a fixed time, so if its finished "early" its good because it means their major summer release isn't delayed nor has issues with its design phase. Gives GW time to make sure it lands on time because they can't easily move it around (they've likely got a few weeks but they cant' delay it two or three months)

2) GW likely felt that they needed a good body of months before releasing balance updates for the newer factions. Chances are that they also felt it better to get more armies "finished" and thus use the GHB to affect armies without the newest 2.0 tomes. With a view that the next one would be better positioned to use user feedback to help improve balance within the game. 

Remember right now around half the formal AoS armies/forces don't have an up to date Battletome. 

8 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Because the last book would only have been valid for 6 months.

Not sure why people are surprised at the timeframes, they work so far ahead. My guess is all the battletomes for this year are done and probably some for next year (bar being printed). 

Listening to a stormcast episode, I can't remember who but they have a schedule with some things planned for as far as 5 years away.

The new contrast pots are dated 2017. Doesn't mean contrast was ready then but they were planning for new paints back then. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Overread said:

If we assume those armies listed are a longish way off getting a new Battletome (and thus making it worth including) then we might be able to guess some possible nearish battletomes from this list

Brayherd was still included in last year's General's Handbook 2018 and then the Beasts of Chaos battletome was released only a couple of months later. Fyreslayers, Flesh-eater Courts, Slaanesh, and Skaven Skryre & Pestilens were also all printed in the GHB 2018 and were updated with a battletome within the year. I think the GHB allegiances are currently our best roadmap for whats to come; Gloomspite was the only surprise this past year as the only other tomes were the customary Stormcast and Khorne updates (and Nighthaunt which was a GHB 2017 allegiance and got their tome one year later). I'd say most likely tomes upcoming would be Seraphon, Ironjawz, a Tzeentch 2.0 update, and of course a very near Slaves to Darkness tome which I think could still come out in a month or two (like Beasts of Chaos did last year). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

From some of the Livestream, I have heard that they aren't as happy with Goomspite performance and that they where going to do some adjustment in the GHB or it could mean that they are updating the point regularly from now on.

48 minutes ago, novakai said:

From some of the Livestream, I have heard that they aren't as happy with Goomspite performance and that they where going to do some adjustment in the GHB or it could mean that they are updating the point regularly from now on.

Was there any mention of Nighthaunt during the livestream? I'm hoping a few small point changes just to give some of our options more viability, like hexwraiths.

5 minutes ago, Qrow said:

Was there any mention of Nighthaunt during the livestream? I'm hoping a few small point changes just to give some of our options more viability, like hexwraiths.

Sorry, I believe they were responding to a specific question in twitch chat 

Apparently the Warhammer TV video that was taken down said that pitched battle profiles will be FREE and DIGITAL and will contain changes to the most recent books (Skaven, FEC, Gloomspite, Khorne were named).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

Sorry, I believe they were responding to a specific question in twitch chat 

Apparently the Warhammer TV video that was taken down said that pitched battle profiles will be FREE and DIGITAL and will contain changes to the most recent books (Skaven, FEC, Gloomspite, Khorne were named).

Thank you for answering.

I wonder if this free distribution of digital pitched battle profiles means they will being trialing a faster system for changing over/under performing units? Instead of a once a year handbook that can't realistically change the unit profiles from books in the 2-3 months before its release, maybe it will be a living document that they update every 3 to 6 months or so.

It would also be in line with the questions asked in the survey they had a few months ago, they had a few questions asking about how often you would want to see balancing changes in AoS.

Edited by Qrow

2 hours ago, Qrow said:

Thank you for answering.

I wonder if this free distribution of digital pitched battle profiles means they will being trialing a faster system for changing over/under performing units? Instead of a once a year handbook that can't realistically change the unit profiles from books in the 2-3 months before its release, maybe it will be a living document that they update every 3 to 6 months or so.

It would also be in line with the questions asked in the survey they had a few months ago, they had a few questions asking about how often you would want to see balancing changes in AoS.

That was exactly my thought but I didn’t understand clearly if:

1) the pitched battle digital will be free for everyone or only those who bought the GHB (not that matters since Azyr behaves even better)

2) if the digital pitched profiles can be updated outside of new battletomes 

From what I remember of the video the answers are: NO, not specified but probably not 

3 hours ago, Qrow said:

Boy, let's hope not. At least not the three month version. I mean, as much as I want my current army (Blades) to not buhhhhhh-lowwwww, I don't want knee ****** changes. Things need to live a while before they are chopped up.

3 hours ago, Qrow said:

I wonder if this free distribution of digital pitched battle profiles means they will being trialing a faster system for changing over/under performing units?

I don't think it would work to be honest, or necessarily be good for the game. If you think about your average player who enjoys matched play and the hobby side of things, it takes awhile to build an army. 

A fully painted 2k to a decent standard might take near enough a full year to complete. Especially with a job, family and other obligations. 

If points were to change on more regular basis then people could see their WIP armies go all over the place. You need to have a sense of how long a specific army list will be valid for when you buy it. 

Realistically, I think it would only benefit tournament players chasing the meta to have updates on a very regular basis. 

The fundamental issue at the moment is powercreep, which they could theoretically stop any time they like. For instance when idoneth came out they had the first "always fight first" rule. This was very powerful but countered by the fact the army was balanced to be very weak in sustained combat. Your opponent knew it would only be for one turn and could plan around it. 

Now you have FEC and Slaanesh with very easy access to "always fights first". Armies which very clearly outshine deepkin even with an eel list. 

How anyone even thought skaven hordes with immunity to battleshock, 3 or more attacks each, hit and wound buffs and an ability to pile in when attacked would work out well is beyond me. 

Some of the points costs are absurd as well. 

Thankfully, it looks like Khorne and Sylvaneth are a bit more balanced. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Morovir said:

Pitched Battle profiles have been available freely through the Warscroll Builder on the Warhammer Community website for a while now as far as I recall.

Maybe they refer to the point values tables with the units and battalions too? That is handy and not avaiable in an easy way.

7 hours ago, Ogregut said:

The new contrast pots are dated 2017. Doesn't mean contrast was ready then but they were planning for new paints back then. 

In the painting seminar at Warhammer Fest, it was confirmed that the Contrast project has been being worked on for the past 4 years.  They're working on the next thing now too.

3 hours ago, Qrow said:

Thank you for answering.

With the move to a downloadable document I could see a 6 monthly update become a reality - I think would also help reduce "army list paralysis" in June*!  If they do a 3 monthly, then with luck we don't see any changes for armies that have come out in the last six months or so, to give them time to settle

* i.e.  "I want to write a list, but want to wait until the new handbook in case something changes"

• Like 1