AoS Xmas Battleforce Box theories

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PJetski said:

I think Seraphon may be getting a battleforce. There's a new battletome on the way some time in 2019 (they stopped selling the old one a few weeks ago) and they have a huge range of expensive plastic kits.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Battletome-Seraphon-EN

It's still for sale.  Sure it is due for a refresh, but then again most are.   

I do think they are a good candidate for a battleforce box.  

37 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Battletome-Seraphon-EN

It's still for sale.  Sure it is due for a refresh, but then again most are.   

I do think they are a good candidate for a battleforce box.  

Hmm..the bastilladon was on the last chance to buy shelf at my local GW.  Maybe recalling to be reboxed into a battleforce?

30 minutes ago, chord said:

Hmm..the bastilladon was on the last chance to buy shelf at my local GW.  Maybe recalling to be reboxed into a battleforce?

This could mean Seraphon are getting a new Start Collecting in 2019 with a Bastiladon as the centerpiece model.

28 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Bonesplitters, Fyreslayers, Idoneth, Daughters and Nurgle. 

Death Guard, Ad Mech, Dark Eldar, Death Watch Primaris, Craft worlds.  

Didn't Craftworlds and Ad Mech get battleforces last Christmas? I would think some kind of infantry focused Ork set, maybe with a Morkanaught and some Killer Kans would be a lock given how it'd compliment the Speed Freeks release.

37 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Bonesplitters, Fyreslayers, Idoneth, Daughters and Nurgle. 

Death Guard, Ad Mech, Dark Eldar, Death Watch Primaris, Craft worlds. 

I would be very disappointed if bonesplitters did get a big box. Indeed, they have like two plastic kits and I don't see an intersting box with several number of the same kits...

Yeah, I don't see bonesplitters box happening. Besides, bonesplitters are already one of the cheapest armies to buy in game so they don't even need a box. Seriously 1 box of savage orruks gives you anywhere between 200-280 point, 1 box of boars also gives you 200-280 points, heroes are easy to convert from these kits too. Not expensive kits either. 

My guess is that there's gonna be 5 aos boxes and they're gonna have following stuff in them:

Idoneth (as we already know)

Nurgle mortals (no starterkit for mortal nurgle guys yet so this is very much needed. Most likely will have blight kings, pusgoyles and maggoth lord).

Daughters of Khaine (will have lots of Khinerai guys, some daughters, shrine, maybe snakes too)

Last 2 boxes are bit tricky. Nighthaunt and Stormcast already have too many starter sets as is, so more sounds a bit silly (and meh) however both factions also have units not found on any kits. I could easily see nighthaunt being some force with spirit hosts, dreadscythes, lady olynder, myrmourn banshees etc. Sce could be surprising and have stuff like dracoth riders along side dracolines. 

Well even though I started this thread on a whim. There has been information devulged! So soon thereafter... Just as planned...?

So with 10 different boxes.... I am interested to see if it is split evenly. Here are my guesses. 

AoS: 

Sacrosanct SE, Nighthaunt, DoK, Maggotkin, and obviously Idoneth.

40k: 

Deathguard being revealed, Necrons, Adeptus Custodes, Drukhari OR Craftworlds ( maybe with that new plastic farseer? )... And Primaris Marines...?

Ad mech was 2016 but Tau has been a box the past 2 years so that last one is a real hail Mary. Especially with the new Armigers out from Forgebane or what ever it's called.

7 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

So were GW :P 

Well I intend to buy it.  I have 10 Thralls and 10 Reavers painted already.  I'm a slow painter and I'm hoping that by the time I've painted up 2000 points all these units will have become excellent.

30 minutes ago, Alexonian said:

cant see them leaving death without one, especially with how big nighthaunt is

They left Death without one in 2016, and Destruction without one in 2017. Nighthaunt has received 3 boxed sets, an Underworlds warband, and of course the tome and all the individual kits.    Same for Stormcast... I am not sure they really need more, or if it would even sell as well considering anyone interested in Nighthaunt would have bought Soul Wars (Cheaper than Battleforce, over twice the models, Corebook) and fleshed army out from there. 

My guess/wishlist:

AoS: Nurgle, DoK, Inodeth, Sacrosant, Nighthaunt and Beast of Chaos
40k: Death Guard,  Tyranids, Orks (yes again) and Thousand Sons

GW didn't say it was 5/5, only that there would be 10 total. Now we have one battlebox per AoS army released this year, and it will drive 40k fans up the walls. ?

I heard the boxes are:

Idoneth Deepkin (confirmed) , DoK, 'Chaos'-y guys, #4 Don't remember exactly because it didn't interest me except its top army (possibly Maggotkin).

40k: SM#1, SM#2, Death Guard, Necron, Aeldari and one more. 

16 hours ago, Malakree said:

Last box is probably DoK, it's destructions time as death this year so there won't be a destruction box.

TBF it was also Destruction's turn as Death last year: we got no Battleforce box in 2017, reflecting the absence of any releases in 2017.

Destruction have been in the dumps for literally years on end at this point.  Although I tend to agree that Destruction won't get a Battlforce (again). because there are no releases to put in it (again). 

Unless they do Battleforce: Loads of Fungoid Cave Shamans.  Which I'd buy.

Archived