AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

21 hours ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

I got good results out of the Burning Icon in my regular(non-slaves) Tzeentch list today and the Tome of Eyes should probably be an autoinclude if a you can take it.

I don't have the new Tzeench book yet.

Woudl you mind explaining the burning Icon and the Tome of Eyes?

Edited by Kurrilino

43 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

I don't have the new Tzeench book yet.

Woudl you mind explaining the burning Icon and the Tome of Eyes?

Tome of Eyes let you reroll casts and snake eyes or boxcars the spell auto casts and can’t be unbound but you take D3 damage.

Burning Icon gives out random buffs or debuffs but it’s really easy to benefit from it.

6 minutes ago, Brucimus said:

Daemon prince nerf is about as expected, shame though. Was loads of fun to use.

Dark Prophecy nerf is disappointing, I thought that added a lot being able to choose to reveal the result.

DP nerf went too far I think. The ability is no longer even worth a command point. Nurgle and good CAs just can't go together in GW's eyes 😉

• Like 1

No mixed weps on varanguard
No mixed weps on chaos warriors
Archaon 2x 6s each attack
Nurgle daemon prince nerfed into basically being useless, expected but a shame

And am i reading correctly that the overlords of chaos doesn't give you double circles just lets you re-pick for a huge point cost?

Did a mid teir book really need to be further stomped on?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheVenerableBede said:

DP nerf went too far I think. The ability is no longer even worth a command point. Nurgle and good CAs just can't go together in GW's eyes 😉

Agreed, I would have knocked it down to 1 MW per 6 to hit and left it there.

Seems we're allowed to have that for the plaguetouched warband (on the wound roll) just not the hit roll apparently

Edited by Brucimus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

varanguard battalion nerf went full retarded

Yeah, I don't understand the wording and reasoning for this change at all.

So you choose a keyword for your varanguard units, then the battalion allows you to override it before the battle starts?

Or am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, Brucimus said:

Yeah, I don't understand the wording and reasoning for this change at all.

So you choose a keyword for your varanguard units, then the battalion allows you to override it before the battle starts?

Or am I missing something?

Nope that's how i read it as well, left wondering why anyone would ever pay points for this?

• Like 1

Man this FAQ makes me sad. Why touch Archaon? He was just fine. And they didnt even clarify if he has all the marks or not.

Overlords battallion nerfed to utter uselessness. Also now you cant even give them a circle outside of Archaons subfaction ?

Nurgle DP nerfed to the ground.

Most of the FAQ made sense tbh. That archaon battalion sounds strange tho'

I'm playing a Meeting engagement on saturday (1st time we try this game mode, and first time with the new S2D battletome).

My list is either

Main body - Chaos Lord and 10 chaos warriors

Spearhead - Exalted hero of chaos and 5 chaos knights

Rearguard - Darkoath warqueen, 10 chaos warriors and a chariot

Everything that can take a mark is mark of Khorne (because they're painted red haha)

And the Ravagers subfaction just because the others won't do much for this list. Sadly I have zero marauders in any form :P 

Or I could go Despoilers and drop the Chaos lord and Warqueen for a Daemon prince in the main body.

But I'm a bit worried a DP would be too gross in a 1k game xD

Edited by Mikeymajq

Most we saw coming to be honest. 

The archaon stuff was all weird. I'm not overly suprized by his command ability change. I think its still quite good know whose going first next round is quite good insurance. It lets you play around a double only when it's coming up. Very freeing that. 

Disappointed but not suprized by the nurgle daemon prince change.  It definitely needed to be changed, but now it's not worth the cost of admission. Atleast the khorne one is still quite good.

• Like 1

The french translation team strikes again. They are so bad they manage to get worse and worse with every book and faq that comes

Can you clarify this to me : the daemon prince ability now only inflict 1D3 whatever the number of 6 rolled in an attack, correct?

(cause in french, the only modification is no stack and in melee only, oh, in french, nurgle aura works on 6 to hit, insteat of wound, greaaat)

4 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Can you clarify this to me : the daemon prince ability now only inflict 1D3 whatever the number of 6 rolled in an attack, correct?

(cause in french, the only modification is no stack and in melee only, oh, in french, nurgle aura works on 6 to hit, insteat of wound, greaaat)

That's correct, might as well put it on the shelf until the next book 

• Confused 1

I like to be positive and reading the changes I think that most are reasonable.

Mixed weapons was always iffy.

Archaon still has a 50/50 to allow you either double turn or have the turn after going first. Even the knowledge is better than not knowing for a good general. 

The Varanguard battalion I don't particularly like I think the ability to adapt to your opponent is a strong tactical advantage. You take 6 but in this said matchup flying would be better you change with the battalion. While not as good as having 2 I can see GW thinking this is ok. Would I pay for the battalion unlikely but that was the same as before.

Nurgle DP were a little nuts and now the choice isn't so obvious and is more about how you design your list. 

Overall it's removed some abuse and has been quick about doing it. I am sure I will have alot of fun still and we will see how tournament season goes before I cry about anything. 

• Thanks 2

Spoiler

Just getting some weird idea how to finally make my 30 warriors blobb work:

Mark of Nurgle + Aura: D2 on a hit roll of 6. -1 to hit in shooting if general close
Prayer of Nurgle from Warshrine: 3+ Save, reroll Wound Rolls
Allied Harbringer of Decay: 5++
Allied Lord of Blights: If Unit over 20 Models: -2 to hit while shooting, -1 to hit in meele, else just -1 to hit in shooting phase

Shields provide another 5++ against mortals, 2 Hand weapons provide rerollable hitrolls. A mix would be the best option but we have to wait for the FAQ to drop soon.

In addition the Daemon Prince of Nurgle can reflect wounds. While the plaguetouched battalion is also neat, the 7+1 nurgle units requirement kills the thing while the reflected mortals are not as good as the ones provided by the DP.

A Lord of Chaos provides the ability to fight twice, a backup sorcerer lord can be utilised to cast a lore spell during the game until it is required to use demonic power or to use oracular visions.

Nevermind, didn´t saw the faq...damn what unneccessary nerfs.

Edited by Charleston