Warhammer - The Old World

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

An incomplete oneΒ πŸ˜…

That doesn't include a lot of the stuff from the website (which doesn't even include Cathay even though it has been drawn.) I know it's really far out (if we ever get it), but some Cathay stuff in the core book (like the snippets from previous ones/Ogre Kingdoms) would be nice. And some stuff on Kislev (which is probably more likely since the entirity of it is on the map and is hopefully more likely to get some minis)

How many of the new TK and Bret sculpts are net new units for the army that weren't in any old books? Was it just the bone dragon or were there others?

I'm just wondering if the new army compendium books, being meant to give you the whole army profiles minus the special characters from the arcane tomes, will have to spoil any new miniatures for the other factions. I guess something would have leaked if so though, maybe the books will just have photos of the old versions of some minis getting resculpts later on

6 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

How many of the new TK and Bret sculpts are net new units for the army that weren't in any old books? Was it just the bone dragon or were there others?

I'm just wondering if the new army compendium books, being meant to give you the whole army profiles minus the special characters from the arcane tomes, will have to spoil any new miniatures for the other factions. I guess something would have leaked if so though, maybe the books will just have photos of the old versions of some minis getting resculpts later on

Knights of the Realm On Foot are 'new' insofar as they weren't a thing in the 6th Edition Army Book (though appeared in older editions).Β Elisse Duchaard is also a new character. I think that's it modelwise, sans updated sculpts.

With this being done by the Forge World team, there's probably going to be some things which get rules, but won't automatically receive models. Horus Heresy and Necromunda probably being the most prominent examples of this.Β 

The Grand Army of Bretonnia already mentioned Squires and Sergeants At Arms. It's also been noted that the Arcane Journal listsΒ Cecil Gastonne and Yeoman Guards, as well as Border Princes Brigands, Bombards and Outcast Wizards, which we haven't seen yet either.Β 

njkqwa2bno9c1.jpeg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

26 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Im tempted by the tomb king set having got into the hobby when age of sigmar launched. I am a bit unsure on models being part metal still. Will they hold up at all or should I just collect the plastic/resin sets. I haven't used metal models before.

You might want to varnish them, as paint can chip, but other than that there's not really much different. Best to build them with superglue and a little green stuff, but they go together pretty well really. I'm very glad they are bringing it mostly back in metal rather than the terrible resin that these models were last available in. Metal models just hold up so much better, and have a lovely heft to them which modern plastic can't quite match, great as it is to work with.

• Like 2

Ech, metal needs a lot more work cleaning and pinning, a solid varnish coat to stop chipping and needs to be kept seperately lest you face the old death ball and open your case to find an army of shattered plastic and chipped metals!

A sod to convert and kitbash with too in white metals case, I miss the old poisonous lead :D

I guess once you deal with all that they're heavy in hand at least...

Edited by Noserenda

55 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There's one prices sheet moving around.

if we compare the price of the white dwarf there(11€) with the actual spanish price(9€) we can see around a 25% increase in the table,so if we calculate with 25% weΒ  get that bretonian box gonna be around 180€ in europe

• Confused 1

I don't mind single-piece metals or ones where you have to glue an arm here or there. Dropping them or having your cat decide to get froggy with them is a disaster though. Idk if a decent number of the ones they're selling soon are just like single piece or combined with plastic horses or whatever, wouldn't be tempted by many big metal kits unless they did a MTO of the original Azhag kit for some reason

Welp, seeing the new boxes for grail knights, making them easier to obtain, I'm now pretty torn on which big box to get for the release. On one hand, TK are one of the armies I wanted but never got. On the other hand, trying to paint heraldry looks fun, especially giving each knight their own colours.

Β 

• Like 1

so glad the tomb kings are returning, seems like im one of the few that love the old skeleton miniatures.

really glad the necropolis knights and warsphinx are also returning as people on ebay seem to think those old kits are worth a small fortune, that'll teach em

21 minutes ago, mimozine said:

really glad the necropolis knights and warsphinx are also returning as people on ebay seem to think those old kits are worth a small fortune, that'll teach em

Indeed. It'd be nice to think that GW is bringing these old kits back to combat the exorbitant rip-offs going on all over Ebay. This assumes a level of altruism that I doubt they're capable of, though.Β 

6 hours ago, Sathrut said:

Weird how the Bretonnian Foot Knights are listed but not in the pre-order article today. I suppose they could have forgot to include them.

It will be for later this year. I’m honestly surprised that they are releasing as much as they have said. I was expecting just the big army boxes.Β 
Β 

Now the question is, will this be well supported and played in the community? I’m quite excited but will probably only focused on the rule book at first as not sure I’d play it as much as I’d like 😭

34 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It will be for later this year. I’m honestly surprised that they are releasing as much as they have said. I was expecting just the big army boxes.Β 
Β 

Now the question is, will this be well supported and played in the community? I’m quite excited but will probably only focused on the rule book at first as not sure I’d play it as much as I’d like 😭

They’re on the price list though, so presumably coming now.Β 

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Made to order does not appear on the sheets.

No, the Knights on Foot (the new plastic ones, nothing made to order) are on the price sheet but not in the article. What you’re talking about would be the other way round.Β 

• Like 1