The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

Oh shoot, that's a good question. I think we'll probably see DoK or IDK and possibly Sancrosect and Nighthaunt, but those are just my thoughts and anyone else's guess is as good as mine. I think they usually show them off late November.

I don’t see Sacrosanct and Nighthaunt SC coming as they are already in the 3 core game boxes. Neither Idoneth because they were released too recently in my opinion.

DoK is probable and why not Disciples of Tzeentch: with some kairic acolytes or   Tzaangors, 3 skyfires and hero o choose between the ogroid, the Tzaangor shaman and the gaunt summoner.

14 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

I don’t see Sacrosanct and Nighthaunt SC coming as they are already in the 3 core game boxes. Neither Idoneth because they were released too recently in my opinion.

DoK is probable and why not Disciples of Tzeentch: with some kairic acolytes or   Tzaangors, 3 skyfires and hero o choose between the ogroid, the Tzaangor shaman and the gaunt summoner.

We had Tzeentch last year already. My prediction is Nurgle and some other things that I actually haven‘t thought about much.

22 hours ago, novakai said:

yeah I think the 9 logo represent each of the nine faction shown on the cover.

Of course this is just a boardgame (like 40k monopoly), there no models or anything special for AoS except that it look like a nice side game set in the same setting.

I am curious abou the hammerhaal and Anvilguard symbols. 

Still hoping for more mixed Order Allegiance Abilities

2 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

Not saying they need to but at least in uk they removed the blood coven box or however was called the box with 10 ladies and blood coven, this is usually a sign is gonna be replaced 

• Like 1

The Blood Coven has been removed for several months now, its still around in the distribution network though and quite a few 3rd party stores have still held stock for a good long time and got refills. So not only were they still around but they were selling pretty well too. 

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

The Blood Coven has been removed for several months now, its still around in the distribution network though and quite a few 3rd party stores have still held stock for a good long time and got refills. So not only were they still around but they were selling pretty well too.   

This happened for a lot of those price point boxes a couple months back.

For Destruction, we lost the Weirdnob Warband and Spiderfang Venom Clan boxes (at least the ones I can remember). I also saw some of the other boxes disappear, but their names do not come to mind.

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Not saying they need to but at least in uk they removed the blood coven box or however was called the box with 10 ladies and blood coven, this is usually a sign is gonna be replaced 

None of those boxes are being replaced. They were a temporary release to 'promote' the allies rules. They were a one time deal, once they were gone that was it. Some stores still stock them as not all of them were as popular as others. My own local still has the spiderfang one, but its on last chance to buy. They ran out of the blood coven one almost instantly.

10 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Regarding Spiel, I didn't see any official statement about the fact that GW will show some new shiny stuff.

Is it an actual fact or just some educated guesses?

They made a post on the Warhammer Underworlds FB page yesterday that they will Show something today on the Spiel. 

15 hours ago, Goodapollo4 said:

Underworlds Facebook page has some flavour text, looks like the Troggoth warband might be revealed tomorrow. 

I hate this narrative device. Ooh no here comes a monster, *better write that down so that people will know a monster came*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Regarding Spiel, I didn't see any official statement about the fact that GW will show some new shiny stuff.

Is it an actual fact or just some educated guesses?

It is actual fact. That said, they just have a booth and won't be doing a seminar.  I would expect official news to appear later today, possibly with a bit of follow up in a couple of days time. 

It could also be more Ork news, which is not a bad idea considering that pre-orders for the Codex go live on this Saturday. There's also their new book release coming in November that we know of, but I'd wager that will be at the Black Library event. Otherwise I'd put more money on something about the Slaanesh VS Khorne box at this stage.

I just don't feel that in 1 month (November) GW is going to spring any huge surprises on us. A bigger surprise would be if something like the Slaanesh VS Khorne box doesn't come until next year (remembering that besides announcing it was coming the only news we've had is one leak of a model)

more I think about it the more I suspect the Khorne v Slaanesh box could possibly be a boxset that comes with a standalone game much like Speed Freaks, Imperial Knights: Renegade etc etc. Just some quick fun, flimsy basic rules outlining some kind of event in the realm of chaos, just to offer something to people that aren't building the appropriate armies up. No real follow up or support after that except maybe a Nurgle v. Tzeentch expansion/standalone box to follow.

1st one out this year to hit the 30th anniversary of the original RoC:StD book, with the 2nd on the 30th anniversary of the RoC:LatD book.

1 hour ago, Nos said:

I hate this narrative device. Ooh no here comes a monster, *better write that down so that people will know a monster came*

you clearly haven't seen that one awesome documentary on medieval times, that is highly praised for its accuracy in academics?! Damn what was it called....

... ah, Monty Python and the holy Grail

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Has that had a timeframe attached at any point though? All the stuff I’ve seen just echoes GW’s official “very soon”.

It's never had a time frame, just that GW today doesn't need ot hint at stuff a long way off considering how full their release schedule is.

5 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Guys,

we have now 5 pages of wishlisting of what should be revealed at Spiel.

If you don't have an actual rumour or contribution to a rumour please post into the wishlisting thread.

No. Discussing when things will be revealed and the reasons why is part of this thread and has been for a long time. I get people being annoyed if its totally off topic but reading speculation relating to the rumours is part of the fun.

It's different to wishlisting, which is hoping for stuff that has no basis in known information. Saying "I hope we see more about wrath and Rapture at spiel" is part of an ongoing discussion relating to the rumour that this product will be released within the next month. Same with stuff about moonclan etc. 

The real rumours are here, read between lines, check track records with posting, find the origin of discussions. There is no fun to rumours if they were just statements about unreleased products from people in the know. 

• Like 19

Nevertheless, we are running in circles - sadly. All we know is that we will see stuff for metals all SG's and the two main systems. What is clear is that we see one new gang, one or two warbands, titan weapons, black fortress and Khorne vs Slaanesh and the obligatory sisters teaser. The rest, slaanesh in full, darkoath, goblins, CSM new primaris is totally up in the air, although not unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Where are GW on this? Don't they know we need rumours to sate our thirst for blood models?!?

I'm going crazy here, man! Crazy! I've been eating small pieces of crumpled newspaper bits to satiate my rumour need, but I don't know how much longer I can hold on :D

• Like 4