The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Oh no, now it's the dreaded laugh react from @Whitefang no idea what I should believe anymore. 

I don't think we're getting new Saurus guard. Gw always seem to leave at least one kit mysteriously unchanged like the graveyard for Soulblight. 

I'm pretty surprised to see both Warcry and Kill team in the same week. GW really does seem to be firing the kits out this year. As far as I'm aware the only winter/February thing they've promised and not given a date for is the Underworlds warband. It looks like GW might be starting spring early. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Whitefang laughed at the other list and gave heart eyes to the post mentioning Salamanders. Someone summon a Starpriest to divine these strange messages.

Ok let's try this. 

Kroxigor.

Salamanders.

Big centrepiece dino. 

Saurus hero. 

Saurus knights. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Hell yeah! every release is one step closer to new Seraphon. 

Here's hoping we get to see new Seraphon but at the very least maybe a look at the next Order Battletome and whatever Model they're getting. .... more than likely Necromunda though. Surely Necromunda will run out of releases eventually right? image.png.85f7e8edd2c8c08b7131ef322c83e99c.png

I doubt we are going to get anything notable shown for AoS until adepticon next month, and I would almost bet on that they will reveal the next 2 battletome that are scheduled to come out before the Seraphon, and the accompanying models (pls no more foot hero).

Warhammer fest will be the place they reveal the rest of the Seraphon range and the roadmap for the rest of the year. Until then, we must take solace in those rumor engines we are given.

27 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

I doubt we are going to get anything notable shown for AoS until adepticon next month, and I would almost bet on that they will reveal the next 2 battletome that are scheduled to come out before the Seraphon, and the accompanying models (pls no more foot hero).

Warhammer fest will be the place they reveal the rest of the Seraphon range and the roadmap for the rest of the year. Until then, we must take solace in those rumor engines we are given.

I have a sinking feeling that the rest of the Spring Tomes are going to be single model releases.

Leaving Seraphon and Cities of Sigmar as the last 2 big releases for 3.0.

Id love so badly to be wrong.

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I have a sinking feeling that the rest of the Spring Tomes are going to be single model releases.

If the Khorne release is Valkia and Slaanesh is a mounted hero (maybe a Painbringer style Lord on Exalted Seeker) I really wouldn't mind too much if they are single model releases.

For Death I'd be really happy with a mounted Vampire Lord for Soulblight (preferably on a new Abyssal Terror) if that is all even if new Grave Guard would be appreciated. If the books for Death are FeC and Bonereapers though single models would be disappointing.

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I would not be surprised if you're right, but I could also see a small increase in that allotment for one or two of the battletomes--a unit and a hero, for example. And as @Goatforce mentions, there are possibilities like Valkia or a mounted Vampire Lord that would be cool single model releases.

I suspect we'll find out for one or more of the tomes within a few weeks--there's only so many already previewed minis for GW to release across all their lines, and they've been hustling stuff out lately.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

I suspect we'll find out for one or more of the tomes within a few weeks--there's only so many already previewed minis for GW to release across all their lines, and they've been hustling stuff out lately.

What I'm more curious right now is if the order the tomes appear on the roadmap is actually their release order. If so it will be pretty wild with Order/Chaos/Chaos/Death/Death. At least one of those will be a stand alone release (no duel box).

58 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I mean if the theory s true and the last warcry box is Slaanesh vs Destruction, the two chaos tomes are getting a new unit + hero at the minimum. The same an be true for death if one of the tomes is Soulblight. If any of the death and/or order tome get a single unit with the foot hero we are probably getting more than the last year release in a year quarter, which is a really good rate.

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

I don't think we're getting new Saurus guard. Gw always seem to leave at least one kit mysteriously unchanged like the graveyard for Soulblight. 

I'm pretty surprised to see both Warcry and Kill team in the same week. GW really does seem to be firing the kits out this year. As far as I'm aware the only winter/February thing they've promised and not given a date for is the Underworlds warband. It looks like GW might be starting spring early. 

I'm not sure I'd call it "mysteriously unchanged." Perhaps, more like GW is avoiding visual identity clutter. Saurus warriors and Saurus guard are potentially a bit too similar to take 2 coveted slots in a refresh. They could cannibalize sales of each other a bit and also tamp down interest by the "sameyness" of it all. Take the Grave guard example. While the new warband is fantastic, selling a new box of those next to the new skeletons could be a bit too similar for a release at the same time. Better candidate to perhaps revisit later.

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Maybe there's no new big Dino?

I don't think Seraphon need new big dino : Carnosaur,Troglodon,Bastilladon are still solid kits ,Stegadon is older but still decent,

I believe most of resin kits will go : Kroxigors,Salamander,Razordon, all saurus foot heroes.

Hope for new plastic kits for Saurus knights and Saurus guard.

@Whitefang: what about upcoming Kharadron release : will be more than one hero ? Thanks.

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I don't mind Hedonites being a single hero army (ideally it won't be a foot melee hero, what even that's fine) as they have a great range already. I just want their rules to be good... no wait, I'll settle for decent. Just don't give us a lazy copy paste battletome please.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

What I'm more curious right now is if the order the tomes appear on the roadmap is actually their release order. If so it will be pretty wild with Order/Chaos/Chaos/Death/Death. At least one of those will be a stand alone release (no duel box).

There would be a kind of sense to that. Order vs Chaos (kharadron vs Khorne would be my guess), Death vs Chaos (Bonereapers/Soulblight vs Slaanesh again my guess) then the final release being FEC who I believe are rumoured to be getting a decent amount of models coming on their own... Though that would leave a larger release - even if Sylvaneth/NH sized - just before Seraphon come out.

I mean they did say that Seraphon would be late Spring in the LVO blog even if it showed them on the Roadmap as Summer, and said they would come alongside 3 "Redacted" books, which might mean we are getting 2 of the Spring books early Spring, then the other 3 with Seraphon nearer to Summer... Maybe I am reading too much into this 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

There would be a kind of sense to that. Order vs Chaos (kharadron vs Khorne would be my guess), Death vs Chaos (Bonereapers/Soulblight vs Slaanesh again my guess) then the final release being FEC who I believe are rumoured to be getting a decent amount of models coming on their own... Though that would leave a larger release - even if Sylvaneth/NH sized - just before Seraphon come out.

I mean they did say that Seraphon would be late Spring in the LVO blog even if it showed them on the Roadmap as Summer, and said they would come alongside 3 "Redacted" books, which might mean we are getting 2 of the Spring books early Spring, then the other 3 with Seraphon nearer to Summer... Maybe I am reading too much into this 😂

Yeah, having one of the chaos or death books as a stand alone release would make more sense, if they keep the duel boxes coming for those. I wouldn't expected more than a sylvaneth/Nighthaunt release for any of those tomes (around 3 new kits). Ossiarch and FeC both need a little more kits IMO, so I hope one of them is left to be released after this half of the year.

About the order we have 5 tomes before Seraphon, who I imagine will be coming in June (before the new 40k edition). We aren't getting a new tome this month, which leaves GW with March/April/May to release all those 5 books. It's fits well to place 1 or 2 new tome per month. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Goatforce said:

If the Khorne release is Valkia and Slaanesh is a mounted hero (maybe a Painbringer style Lord on Exalted Seeker) I really wouldn't mind too much if they are single model releases.

For Death I'd be really happy with a mounted Vampire Lord for Soulblight (preferably on a new Abyssal Terror) if that is all even if new Grave Guard would be appreciated. If the books for Death are FeC and Bonereapers though single models would be disappointing.

In theory we need also the lord on juggernaut, they have literally made the sprue for40k, it would be kinda [mod removed] if they dont make the aos one

But yes new valkya pls ❤️

Khorne and fec tome are the oldest one and for my luck obviusly the one i own

Its getting really tyring to see my friends playng with brand new tomes and i am stuck with battleline hitting on 4

Mod edit: don't use slurs. 

Edited by Enoby
Used a slur (r-word) in post

2 minutes ago, Yondaime said:

In theory we need also the lord on juggernaut, they have literally made the sprue for40k, it would be kinda retarded if they dont make the aos one

But yes new valkya pls ❤️

Khorne and fec tome are the oldest one and for my luck obviusly the one i own

Its getting really tyring to see my friends playng with brand new tomes and i am stuck with battleline hitting on 4

That's a fair point, I mean I don't collect Khorne so I don't have that much of a horse in this race, but between the 2 Valkia would be the one I'd pick (might even get her to ally into my StD).

Well your wait is almost over! A few more months and you should be on a shiny new one!

23 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Yeah, having one of the chaos or death books as a stand alone release would make more sense, if they keep the duel boxes coming for those.

I get the feeling GW have given up on the duel boxes for now, or at least they aren't going with their 2022 pattern of almost every pair of battletomes getting a duel box to go alongside it. Given you can still find Arcane Cataclysm fairly easily (or at least could a month or so ago), I suspect these boxes didn't sell as well as GW wanted.

3 minutes ago, Yondaime said:

In theory we need also the lord on juggernaut, they have literally made the sprue for40k, it would be kinda retarded if they dont make the aos one

I'd love a Juggernaut Lord. On the otherhand, the new 40k is surprisingly easily converted thanks to not having his legs moulded into the mount, so it's not the end of the world if they don't release one.

The news that TK are coming back has possibly been one of the most asked for armies in AoS in terms of having the models back. So having them return to the Old World is fantastic. Heck I hope it might make some appreciate the Ossiarchs as their own thing now - as a force who aren't "stealing the TK slot or model releases" and such. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

The news that TK are coming back has possibly been one of the most asked for armies in AoS in terms of having the models back. So having them return to the Old World is fantastic. Heck I hope it might make some appreciate the Ossiarchs as their own thing now - as a force who aren't "stealing the TK slot or model releases" and such. 

I wonder what that means for Tomb Kings in the context of AoS. I used to think they had a chance to arrive in the Mortal Realms some day, but if they get brought back for TOW it probably makes more sense for them to live in that setting exclusively.