The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Kronos said:

Wow, you’ve captured the Zeitgeist of this thread, and the hobby, exceedingly well. The Necromunda bit especially, so many concepts floating in my head, and then, poof, nothing.

I only had to project my feelings outward.

The best part is that I even occassionally click on the Necromunda stuff thinking wasn't their a project I wanted to do only to be met by a range of models I feel I have never seen before. However, I really wish my friends played Necromunda the cyberpunk dystopia of underground gang warfare is so up my alley but I keep hearing it has an insanely high overhead in terms of cost and with no friends to play with it is a pass.

6 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

so basically chaos dwarfs yea?

Yes... those who hold the fire of Hashut always know that the Dawi-Zharr are just beyond the veil of darkness and when they step into the light that is when our wallets weep in equal measure of joy and pain. 

Wears Red, Big Beard, Unethical Labour Force of diminutive followers... if Santa doesn't bring us Chaos Dwarves it is because he is one. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Just a nudge but back to rumours please. Fingers crossed for some reveals on Christmas Day but sort of expecting a 40K Emperors Children vs Eldar Rangers now…. (Excited but sad at same time… 😭)

Nothing in last years Advent Calendar was actually revealed at Christmas, right? It was just Glutos I think...? So I'm setting my expectations very low either way. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if it was just another Primaris character this year.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Nothing in last years Advent Calendar was actually revealed at Christmas, right? It was just Glutos I think...? So I'm setting my expectations very low either way. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if it was just another Primaris character this year.

Think it was all of the Hedonites (barring Glutos, Sigvald, Painbringers, and Twinsouls). The latter three were announced before, and Glutos announced on New Years Day.

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Pretty sure that's a trophy rack for the new CSM warpsmith or chosen.

Honestly, I think they should just make the chosen a dual kit between AOS and 40K. I think all they'd need to do is have a sprue that has alternate heads, sci-fi guns and space marine styled pauldrons and then another with spikey shoulders and swords. 

But they could share the same overall base body, cloaks and some mutations and certain weapons.

But it wont happen because Chaos Space Marines need weird pipes everywhere and somehow 40K players can spot a melta from a flamer across the room despite looking like just guns and those words seeming like synonyms to me.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Honestly, I think they should just make the chosen a dual kit between AOS and 40K. I think all they'd need to do is have a sprue that has alternate heads, sci-fi guns and space marine styled pauldrons and then another with spikey shoulders and swords. 

But they could share the same overall base body, cloaks and some mutations and certain weapons.

But it wont happen because Chaos Space Marines need weird pipes everywhere and somehow 40K players can spot a melta from a flamer across the room despite looking like just guns and those words seeming like synonyms to me.

I'd rather get a kit of each: MOAR BITZ!!!

I found a list that claims that Nightrunners came out in 2002 and so they are nearly 20 years old. The average brown rat lives 2 years meaning that it has taken roughly ten lifetimes for the worst looking unit in the game to get updated. Even the legendary Rodney the rat would not have lived to see the release. 😢

So what does this mean in terms of rumours... 20 year anniversary special for Night runners? I sure hope so! 

For all of the new folks wondering if the booster shot is impacting my mental state? No, this is how I normally am, also how did you know I just got the booster?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I found a list that claims that Nightrunners came out in 2002 and so they are nearly 20 years old. The average brown rat lives 2 years meaning that it has taken roughly ten lifetimes for the worst looking unit in the game to get updated. Even the legendary Rodney the rat would not have lived to see the release. 😢

So what does this mean in terms of rumours... 20 year anniversary special for Night runners? I sure hope so! 

For all of the new folks wondering if the booster shot is impacting my mental state? No, this is how I normally am, also how did you know I just got the booster?

They came out in 1999 with mordheim I believe

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Teeny tiny rumour, a friend on the inside implied something Skaven was coming soon but wouldnt be drawn on what system the git :D Ofc with all the delays that might still be 2025 :P

pretty sure we already know there is a skaven underworlds warband coming, I think there was the random post that seems right on the money about this season's warbands

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Teeny tiny rumour, a friend on the inside implied something Skaven was coming soon but wouldnt be drawn on what system the git :D Ofc with all the delays that might still be 2025 :P

Pinging @Skreech Verminking

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Hopefully Ninja rats:

latest?cb=20130928185116

Skaven versus who? Wait, doesn't Hobgrots have samurai-ish inspired armour? So the Foot Clan would be Hobgrots...

...Chorfs confirmed!

All jokes aside a new Eshin-themed update could get me collect Skaven again. I think I have some from that WHFB 8th edition introductory boxset (Island of Blood?), even if I ended up selling a few...but Skaven are probably the closest to chorfs in terms of being evil, chaos-aligned super villain industrializers and Eshin are ninjas (who are scientifically proven to be coolest). So, yeah. Everybody on board the warpstone-fuelled hypetrain! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Indecisive said:

I do wish GW went a bit more in-depth with these, with categories.
Can't really do it ourselves as no one else would have the reach a WarCom poll would have.

Yeah, one category space marines (including hh), one category interesting 40k, one AoS, one Necromunda, one Blood Bowl, one Middle Earth and "other"

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2