The Rumour Thread

35 minutes ago, ibel said:

What did "are this Level.." mean ?

Well, this level. We know nurgle is coming and thats all. In 40k we know the next 3 codexes oficially and we have that leak that is, iirc, 100% right as of rn in predicting everything thats has come to 40k. Meanwhile we get the eventual 4chan leal with a pick of the usual wishes (plastic boc, chaos dwarfs etc)

• Thanks 1

Does this mean I can have my smiley boi without strangely redundant armour! 🐲🙂🛡️ = ❤️

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/25/krondys-and-karazai-are-so-incredibly-detailed-even-their-sprues-look-majestic/
dx9EbpjKlHFagb6d.jpg

Realized people are probably more interested in this image that shows the scale of the dragons as I am probably too excited about customizing my dragon:

Va0IgXCY2PtVOqBC.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Well, this level. We know nurgle is coming and thats all. In 40k we know the next 3 codexes oficially and we have that leak that is, iirc, 100% right as of rn in predicting everything thats has come to 40k. Meanwhile we get the eventual 4chan leal with a pick of the usual wishes (plastic boc, chaos dwarfs etc)

Just to point out, GW have said what the next few codexes are as they should have been out now (or very soon), but they have been cagey about AOS. This says to me the AOS schedule has been turned on it’s head whilst 40K has been going almost to plan. Also guessing there have been delays in producing minatures which I’m guessing g has caused loads of production problems and delays. For example the Dragons would have caused a big problem.

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Does this mean I can have my smiley boi without strangely redundant armour! 🐲🙂 = ❤️

Looks like it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Looks like it!

That is so exciting, it also looks like I get to choose the horns on top, I think I will go for a wild dragon that is still smugly confident and smiling, also going for a neutral build lets me more easily proxy between both Super Dragon Bros.
0730fa3fc6a8d13836014e0763ba42ed.jpg
...assuming I can ever afford the kit 😅

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, silverstu said:

I'm kind of glad those rumours are off - didn't feel right to me- more like guessing around a few established rumours. Still hoping for new dwarfs of the non chaos type next year. Although If Squats arrive next year I'll probably be plenty happy [KO kit bashing!]

Hopefully will start to get some hints in the advent rumour engines soon! [and a few reveals over Christmas/new year].

Were the rumors disproved already? I thought we got a pseudo confirmation from Whitefang or did I misinterpret it? 

11 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Were the rumors disproved already? I thought we got a pseudo confirmation from Whitefang or did I misinterpret it? 

I took Whitefangs reaction to say it was a mix of guesswork and correct information, notably it contains his rumour of the Fyreslayer vs Deepkin box. I do expect Chaos Dwarfs to come, how soon is anyones guess. Not sure about the Silent People appearing this edition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Just to point out, GW have said what the next few codexes are as they should have been out now (or very soon), but they have been cagey about AOS. This says to me the AOS schedule has been turned on it’s head whilst 40K has been going almost to plan. Also guessing there have been delays in producing minatures which I’m guessing g has caused loads of production problems and delays. For example the Dragons would have caused a big problem.

Oh yeah, for sure. Im sure AoS got hit the hardest by covid and other things like the problem with the dragons. Im not complaining tho, I was just explaining to that person how we are currently with announcements and rumors, a little bit on the dry side. But hey, we never know. A leak might come out tomorrow or the advent rumor calendar might be full of AoS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

That is so exciting, it also looks like I get to choose the horns on top, I think I will go for a wild dragon that is still smugly confident and smiling, also going for a neutral build lets me more easily proxy between both Super Dragon Bros.

Or you can only use blutack or magnets with the neck together the head? I gonna try build mine as the melle because he is coller but the scroll is useless and gonna use him as the mage allways.

Seeing the sprue sems easy only change the neck because we have two diferents bits for the neck\head of each version.

I dont know if i explain it good, and then the armor seems easy with blutack

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not really, the AOS side of things has been completely, from an official and "unofficial" (i.e leaks) side of things, been very secretive for a good long while now. Just look at how they've handled 3rd's entire release and compare it to 9th 40K. We had concrete rumours of 9th for a long, long time and the announcement FAQ itself, Codex covers, 3d mock-ups and potato cam footage all leaked like a week before the actual reveal. The way stuff was teased, leaked and previewed for the rest of the releases for the editions is night and day too.

Like, it seems to be deliberate company policy to operate under much stricter secrecy for AOS over 40K, for whatever reason that might be.

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

I'd be pretty miffed if the Gitz really have to wait another year before they get playable rules. Them and BoC are in such miserable shape.

Well maybe the AoS datasheet FAQ will lift them up in December. It also may hint at which army times are coming out sooner then other judging by which army get changes and which don’t.

granted some Madlad went 4-1 with a Troggoth list with Gitz and a few BoC have done 4-1 too. So I dare say they are playable and can still win games despite the meta watch article stating otherwise.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well maybe the AoS datasheet FAQ will lift them up in December. It also may hint at which army times are coming out sooner then other judging by which army get changes and which don’t.

granted some Madlad went 4-1 with a Troggoth list with Gitz and a few BoC have done 4-1 too. So I dare say they are playable and can still win games despite the meta watch article stating otherwise.

The book just isn't fun to play. So unfortunately it's a book problem and not a point problem. But of course I wouldn't turn my head at reductions.

Also, top-level players can win with any composition with enough practice. Doesn't mean much for the state of the army. Look at any statistics and you'll see their absolutely tragic win rates.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Not really, the AOS side of things has been completely, from an official and "unofficial" (i.e leaks) side of things, been very secretive for a good long while now. Just look at how they've handled 3rd's entire release and compare it to 9th 40K. We had concrete rumours of 9th for a long, long time and the announcement FAQ itself, Codex covers, 3d mock-ups and potato cam footage all leaked like a week before the actual reveal. The way stuff was teased, leaked and previewed for the rest of the releases for the editions is night and day too.

Like, it seems to be deliberate company policy to operate under much stricter secrecy for AOS over 40K, for whatever reason that might be.

I imagine some of it also comes down to the size of the fanbases. It's no secret 40k is far more popular than AoS. That means there's going to be a lot more people eager for leaks, which means those who leak things are a lot more likely to 'risk it' by getting the scoop on 40k content.

This may also extend to the playertesters, since I imagine - just a guess - there's a lot more of those for 40k, as well as 'human resources' involved in getting 40k products from design to store and a lot more potential leakers as a result.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

12 minutes ago, Mutton said:

The book just isn't fun to play. So unfortunately it's a book problem and not a point problem. But of course I wouldn't turn my head at reductions.

Also, top-level players can win with any composition with enough practice. Doesn't mean much for the state of the army. Look at any statistics and you'll see their absolutely tragic win rates.

it may not be all point reduction, stuff I heard is Kragnos getting a ward save is more like actual big changes.

But Then I again I rather wait on rules then get them too early that they get powercreep 6 month later because GW can’t help them selfs and we are back to complaining that they are unplayable again. Or rather just have models release.

Of course I would put the Gitz vs STD boxset in the false column of the rumor so no need to feel it that it affect anything.

1 hour ago, Doko said:

Or you can only use blutack or magnets with the neck together the head? I gonna try build mine as the melle because he is coller but the scroll is useless and gonna use him as the mage allways.

Seeing the sprue sems easy only change the neck because we have two diferents bits for the neck\head of each version.

I dont know if i explain it good, and then the armor seems easy with blutack

These are all fantastic points, but my own personal excitement is genuinely coming from the ability to mix and match elements making the dragon more uniquely my own. I think strangely enough I will accomplish this by taking the more generic elements of the two dragons to create a more traditional looking dragon for Table Top RPGs and to fit within my Stormcast army: 
Karazai's horns and forearms. 
Krondys' face and neck with no armour.

5 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Whitefang, will we get Chaos Duardin this edition? 🥺

I feel like our good friend will have way too many notifications next time they log on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I'd love it if that were true, but I also feel that's one of the things we say to ourselves year after year.  BoC was looking at changes in the December (January) FAQ 2020, then of course the 2021 update.  to assume that no changes means something is coming seems folly at this point - it either will or it won't, but i'm not convinced it means anything.

Likewise I really thought the Tome Celestials indicated what was or wasn't coming out, but now i'm not so sure - certainly some of these (admittedly) less popular armies that absolutely need it that could have had updates that way.... it's all a big :shrug: at this point!

4 hours ago, Higolx said:

Oh yeah, for sure. Im sure AoS got hit the hardest by covid and other things like the problem with the dragons. Im not complaining tho, I was just explaining to that person how we are currently with announcements and rumors, a little bit on the dry side. But hey, we never know. A leak might come out tomorrow or the advent rumor calendar might be full of AoS.

I so hope we get the lions share of the Advent Calendar. Between this and last year we've had a plethora of releases but since 3.0 was announced theres been next to nothing and thatll be coming up on 6 months soon enough.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I so hope we get the lions share of the Advent Calendar. Between this and last year we've had a plethora of releases but since 3.0 was announced theres been next to nothing and thatll be coming up on 6 months soon enough.

Yeah, its been a weird time. And the drought only looks worse in comparsion when you consider last year and when you compare it to current 40k. Funnily enough last year people in 40k were mad because there was "too much AoS". I hope that gw learns from this and learn how to balance the releases better instead of having "40k years" and "AoS years"

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

Yeah, its been a weird time. And the drought only looks worse in comparsion when you consider last year and when you compare it to current 40k. Funnily enough last year people in 40k were mad because there was "too much AoS". I hope that gw learns from this and learn how to balance the releases better instead of having "40k years" and "AoS years"

The drought happens mainly because of each systems edition change largely take center stage over the other system I find. 

the year that 40K gets an edition change, there only a few AoS release at the beginning of the year and then it goes on a drought because of the new edition for 40K. Next year there a lot of AoS release because they had a bunch of release they couldn’t release the prior year plus the new edition of AoS.

Whenever a new edition comes out they tend to slow-roll the releases of stuff besides the two release factions to get as many people to buy the new models as possible. I don't doubt Covid has made it even worse, but GW likes to spread things out at the start of a new edition anyway. 9th didn't get anything that wasn't based on the SM or Necron lines until January, a full six months after the new edition's release. From that point of view AOS is actually on track to get a quicker release of its 3rd army book. 

Edited by yukishiro1

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Two heads eh?

chaos plumber dragon you say

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1