The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

I think people should chill a bit about the warclans rules. Remember you're not playing a Kruelboyz army, you're playing a Orruk Warclans army. 

Most of the strength in the book will be based on how good big waggh is when choosing the optimal units from across the range. 

That range is pretty big and Orruk Warclans were a fairly solid pick for a lot of AoS2. I can see them doing ok in AoS 3.

Not really : big waagh is only one way to play orruk warclans. People can run also a  pure ironjawz or bonesplitter or  kruleboyz army.

Even if AoS 3.0/Dominion was out 2 months ago , it is possible to play big waagh,ironjawz,bonesplitter only with old rules. And it is not possible to play 2.000 points kruleboyz list with complete rules.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

I thought that most of the good Orruk lists in AoS 2.0 were just Ironjawz anyway? would b excellent if big waaagh turned out to be good.

Ironjawz was a decent mid tier army, falling short of greatness due to some of the more oppressive mechanics of the top tier armies that could simply deny them from doing what they needed to do, either by magic or efficient screening, while picking off warchanters and the relatively squishy battlelines. 

I think Bonesplitterz had some good elements, but they suffered from some of the same issues as armies like FeC, where they rely a lot on their magic, while not having enough bonusses to get anything done against a Teclis/Kroak/Nagash list. If they keep the Drakfoot bonus of ignoring wards in the new book, they could really be worth a second look (Think Arrer boys with 3 shots each and ignoring wards vs Gotrek).

Ironjawz have so far had no reason to look at the Idol or Gargants instead of Mawkrushas and I think that might continue despite all the new Kruleboyz monsters, however I could see Ironjawz getting some benefit from Boltboyz or possibly the ballista to have some ranged pressure. I hope Big Waagh allegiance comes with some synergies we have not yet seen as well, to better bring the different types of orruks together, however so far all their spells and abilities previewed has been very keyword locked.

29 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Ironjawz have so far had no reason to look at the Idol or Gargants instead of Mawkrushas and I think that might continue despite all the new Kruleboyz monsters, however I could see Ironjawz getting some benefit from Boltboyz or possibly the ballista to have some ranged pressure. I hope Big Waagh allegiance comes with some synergies we have not yet seen as well, to better bring the different types of orruks together, however so far all their spells and abilities previewed has been very keyword locked.

Having taken Boltaboyz as allies in my IJ for a recent 2k tournament, can verify they added a much needed element in the army and were easily MVPs in at least 2 of my games. Just made sure to set them up properly to drop an Unleash Hell if I didn't get to go first to soften up charging units. I think they will be a staple in my IJ lists going forward.

• Like 1

I am nervous about the fact that WarCom is not posting much AoS content at all. One article so far this week and just the one last week. This suggests that they are drip-feeding what content they do have to cover a longer period, and/or they are stalling until closer to the release date. This means that we are probably still a long way away from release.

The Ploos article on Tuesday said updates would be every Wednesday, with the September 1st slot already taken and the AoS app “later in September.”

Taken together I think this means we are looking at a September 18th or 25th preorder date at the earliest (on the assumption that the app will be out first). A good indicator will be when we start seeing daily AoS articles again. 

11 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I am nervous about the fact that WarCom is not posting much AoS content at all. One article so far this week and just the one last week. This suggests that they are drip-feeding what content they do have to cover a longer period, and/or they are stalling until closer to the release date. This means that we are probably still a long way away from release.

The Ploos article on Tuesday said updates would be every Wednesday, with the September 1st slot already taken and the AoS app “later in September.”

Taken together I think this means we are looking at a September 18th or 25th preorder date at the earliest (on the assumption that the app will be out first). A good indicator will be when we start seeing daily AoS articles again. 

If not for COVID/Brexit related delays I choose to believe we'd be playing with Furnace Kings vs Umbraneth Shadowlords... 😢

But in reality the articles being focused on Kill Team and Warhammer+ are of no interest to me but they make sense especially considering that there seems to be an internal delay for SCE and Kruelboyz. So I feel like we have an additional week or two of content for those two armies before building to the next AOS release. I do wish that in the meantime they would at least give us something, even if it was an army showcase or lore article as it does feel like we are getting nothing at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

If not for COVID/Brexit related delays I choose to believe we'd be playing with Furnace Kings vs Umbraneth Shadowlords... 😢

But in reality the articles being focused on Kill Team and Warhammer+ are of no interest to me but they make sense especially considering that there seems to be an internal delay for SCE and Kruelboyz. So I feel like we have an additional week or two of content for those two armies before building to the next AOS release. I do wish that in the meantime they would at least give us something, even if it was an army showcase or lore article as it does feel like we are getting nothing at all. 

I agree...  i can't begrudge (too much) a company making a decision on a delay, there are a lot of reasons why that might happen.

I think just locally it feels that the buzz/hype is dying down with so many unknowns.  We know they're going to be doing rules articles prior to the release, I guess I just don't know why they can't throw one or two of those out now just to keep things moving.  I can't see how it would hurt, and it seems to me some people legitimately are in holding patterns while they wait for x:  rules for warclans, waaghs, next release, FAQ, and so on.  

It doesn't have to have lots of flashy images, just a couple paragraphs can continue to wet appetites' for what is coming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fyrenn said:

I agree...  i can't begrudge (too much) a company making a decision on a delay, there are a lot of reasons why that might happen.

I think just locally it feels that the buzz/hype is dying down with so many unknowns.  We know they're going to be doing rules articles prior to the release, I guess I just don't know why they can't throw one or two of those out now just to keep things moving.  I can't see how it would hurt, and it seems to me some people legitimately are in holding patterns while they wait for x:  rules for warclans, waaghs, next release, FAQ, and so on.  

It doesn't have to have lots of flashy images, just a couple paragraphs can continue to wet appetites' for what is coming.

The time between Indomitus and Codex release was even longer, but even then I feel like we had more information.

The Codex show Preview stream they did on Indom launch day showed off a load of rules for instance. The equivalent for AOS3 had.... nothing like that as far as I can recall?

I'm just suprised we still have no word on Underworlds!! Its almost definitely not releasing in September as the first 2 Seasons did and will probably follow the December release like last year to give this Season and Warband users enough time to play this 'Edition' but weve still no word on a name or tease of location!! 

If the setting is changing I really hope its Ghyran or Aqshy!!

• Like 2