The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Here is a rumour.

I've heard the aos app has been canceled / indefinitely delayed and will not be launching in either a beta or complete state as part of wh+.

This would be incredibly disappointing and would definitely keep me from subscribing to WH+. Would be interested to see a source though or I'll just keep that in my salt grain pile.

22 minutes ago, Newtype_Zero said:

This would be incredibly disappointing and would definitely keep me from subscribing to WH+. Would be interested to see a source though or I'll just keep that in my salt grain pile.

Tbf their App Department seems to be either extremely understaffed (maybe no one wants to work for them at their current minimum wages) or chaotic. 🤷🏼‍♂️
outsourcing a app to a agency that’s specialized in it would speed this up significantly.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If there is the possibility that Skaven go through another Edition without a significant update I'll be very disappointed for them and their fans. 

In second edition Khorne and Slaanesh shared a similar box set but Khorne got a couple of extra models later and Slaanesh got a massive release. 

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

In second edition Khorne and Slaanesh shared a similar box set but Khorne got a couple of extra models later and Slaanesh got a massive release. 

I'll take it!! If it's the beginning of COS turning into Dawnbringers alongside a Skaven refresh that would be amazing.

The Dawnbringer Crusades are such a cool narrative. I'm really hoping we get another 'Broken Realms' situation this Edition.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kramig said:

New battletome doesn't mean new models. Actually in that list it is named only battletome, not other boxes for skaven. So, if that is a clue for the new battletome, it seems there will be no new miniatures, otherwise the actual model would be in that list

The fact that there are no models on the list is not relevant IMO as GW stores stock very few COS and Skaven models currently, and those models that they do stock are the more current sculpts. 

6 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Here is a rumour.

I've heard the aos app has been canceled / indefinitely delayed and will not be launching in either a beta or complete state as part of wh+.

So you're saying the battletomes that are in the warehouse that will have unlock codes in them, will have codes that point to nothing.

• There are no facts until details are released with substance or a genuine source that is not rumors or speculation from various accounts. Not worth getting worked up about until we can see these details or at least hear something from GW.
  • A small roadmap for army releases will give people some comfort for if their army is even staying, let alone be shoved in a book with another few others. Regardless of peoples opinions of soup books or faction books, new models, re-sculpts, banishment, etc,  getting some clear information from GW would be a first step to gaining the trust of the community.  
  • If you are devoted to an army or whatever you like playing in age of sigmar its ultimately yours. Having thoughts and feelings of impending doom from GW?  I would suggest considering taking your game and hobby into your own hands and explore the possibilities of how your armies and yourself may grow and improve and have enjoyable experiences. 

1 minute ago, Blood0Tiger said:
  • A small roadmap for army releases will give people some comfort for if their army is even staying, let alone be shoved in a book with another few others. Regardless of peoples opinions of soup books or faction books, new models, re-sculpts, banishment, etc,  getting some clear information from GW would be a first step to gaining the trust of the community.  

GW don't need the trust of the community as people will buy their products in record numbers no matter what. The amount of impact any community problem will have on their bottom line is not going to even register on their balance sheets.

To your other point, roadmaps for large games like AoS won't work because announcing that "it's going to be CoS, then Skaven, then Nurgle, then Idoneth" just makes everyone else give up buying for their army and delay any purchases. It actively hurts their finances so there's no profit in it. Keep people expecting that their army will be the next one supported and you keep people buying. Tell them they're not getting an update for a year and watch them stop buying for their army for a year. And that's aside from the fact that logistics are a thing and long public roadmaps lead to disappointment as delays inevitably happen. No point handing your customer base the rope they can use to hang you with. A boycott will have no impact, but telling everyone who plays 15/20 armies that they can forget about rules for at least a year is a move with no profit, only loss.

Just now, plavski said:

GW don't need the trust of the community as people will buy their products in record numbers no matter what. The amount of impact any community problem will have on their bottom line is not going to even register on their balance sheets.

To your other point, roadmaps for large games like AoS won't work because announcing that "it's going to be CoS, then Skaven, then Nurgle, then Idoneth" just makes everyone else give up buying for their army and delay any purchases. It actively hurts their finances so there's no profit in it. Keep people expecting that their army will be the next one supported and you keep people buying. Tell them they're not getting an update for a year and watch them stop buying for their army for a year. And that's aside from the fact that logistics are a thing and long public roadmaps lead to disappointment as delays inevitably happen. No point handing your customer base the rope they can use to hang you with. A boycott will have no impact, but telling everyone who plays 15/20 armies that they can forget about rules for at least a year is a move with no profit, only loss.

Analytical to an extent. Roadmaps can and often are designed differently for the goals of the company and discounting the community has always proven to be counter productive through several mediums and medias.  I fully understand the points you are making and they have merit to them. However the pillars that hold GW up are still shaking. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blood0Tiger said:

If you are devoted to an army or whatever you like playing in age of sigmar its ultimately yours. Having thoughts and feelings of impending doom from GW?  I would suggest considering taking your game and hobby into your own hands and explore the possibilities of how your armies and yourself may grow and improve and have enjoyable experiences. 

Just nope. That’s not how people work. Most gamers take raw as the ultimate law, if you derive from that path they won‘t play with you. Ultimately it‘s GW‘s responsibility to keep armies in the game the whole „ask your opponent if you can use it“ no sense creates all kinds of awkward and bad experiences due to GW‘s laziness in this regard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Here is a rumour.

I hope this is true and they update and fix the existing app issues in the mean time

58 minutes ago, ian0delond said:

They haven't even released the stormcast and kruleboyz bt. Don't distract the fans from the new releases with stuffs you are going to release in 6 months. 

I find the amount of 40k stuff being released or teased at the moment is already quite distracting 😂.

I kinda see how a road map would be beneficial: You give enough time to your customers to let them save money for the stuff they want, and you don't end up with a lot of stock sitting around after a release. It also you help in keeping a control over the hype so you make sure it's not going down.

2 hours ago, plavski said:

that not true, it not like GW don't want to do Roadmaps it just that they where trying to do it in 40k but a lot of stuff happen  like delay and shipment problems and they don't want to officially commit to a set schedule of releases right now to community and want wiggle room

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

If there is the possibility that Skaven go through another Edition without a significant update I'll be very disappointed for them and their fans. 

i mean there a big chance a lot of armies won't get significant updates in this edition not just skaven.

in reality GW usuallyonly  have their flagship armies get stable updates every edition or so (Space marines, some imperium army and then a mix of either Orks or CSM depending on your view point.) rest usually wait 6 to 9 year or so depending the army.

7 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I heard that the CoS + Skaven release is like Blood of the Phoenix release (two heroes and two units).

Adam did give a winkwink nudgenudge that Knights of Azyr might be a thing coming based off Emelda's model back when Cursed City had a Preview. Seemed a bit uncharacteristic when they're usually so tight-lipped about hinting at anything on those streams.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

2 hours ago, plavski said:

I'm not sure I agree regarding roadmaps.  While this is one plausible theory, the same could be done for the inverse.

Your assumption is that people will buy regardless and give up purchases because they know something is coming. I would argue some people will buy knowing something they're interested in is coming, as opposed to holding off because of 'who knows when':

ex: "I really think that Idoneth are cool, but they're missing some key pieces like sea monsters.  Now that I know something is coming in the next year, i'm going to start to buy the pieces I like because there will only be more to follow."

Now - is one more likely than the other? I don't really know - I don't know GW knows. I can tell you i've held off on purchases because of waiting to see what happens in a FAQ or GHB or 'whats next'.  If I knew definitively nothing I was hoping for was coming, i'd definitely take a bigger look at what was currently out, or coming soon.

I think it could go either way - TBH for GW, I think it's more a .. 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it' problem.  They are doing well. This doesn't mean there isn't profit to be found in a roadmap, nor potential goodwill (and ill feelings) on what those would show... but why do it to experiment when things are going fine for themselves now?

As far as convincing them it's worth the (risk?) in finding out?  I pretty much agree with you - there isn't any way we can convince anyone anything - save for the fact that i'm sure there are GW people who see posts, the community, and get an inkling of how the wind blows for this small cohort of GW fans.  Personally - I think it's not a bad idea to let people know - for me, the lack of knowledge doesn't encourage more purchases - it encourages less.  Shrug!

51 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Just nope. That’s not how people work. Most gamers take raw as the ultimate law, if you derive from that path they won‘t play with you. Ultimately it‘s GW‘s responsibility to keep armies in the game the whole „ask your opponent if you can use it“ no sense creates all kinds of awkward and bad experiences due to GW‘s laziness in this regard.

People derive from the path because they don't want to leave the responsibilities with GW with whatever actions or inactions they have done to make people think twice. Believe it or not people eventually want productive change and they will not wait for it.

Furthermore, the status quo has become an important topic of late. I believe if players are dissatisfied with it and desire change its important we should collaborate ideas to improve the experiences of play groups and focus on the big picture of players having a positive outcome of the game and hobby.  Its important to be constructive and analytical about what exactly people want to even do. Herohammer, strategic skirmish battles, full battlefield campaigns, etc. 

Edited by Blood0Tiger