The Rumour Thread

54 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

As long as they don’t completely rebuild the app (and therefore break it), if they copied 40K i might not be too annoyed about it 

in 40K, they scrapped digital but instead the physical book comes with a code to unlock all the rules content in the app, unfortunately the app is very broken and has incorrect rules, missing information, and the calculator for list building makes up random numbers 😂 they also increased the price of the physical books :/

But with one HUGE difference- no fluff or unit descriptions or any of that.  To me that is most of the point of buying the books in the first place.

• Like 1

I'm deeply concerned about the digital books going away. It was a terrible decision when they changed it for 40k. As it it stands there is no way to get the art and lore from anything 40k in a digital format which is a baffling decision in 2021. 

One slight glimmer of hope is that the second edition announcement made no mention of digital either. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/16/pre-order-the-new-edition-today/

If GW want to make it only possible to buy the books through the AoS app, that's fine so long as they are the complete books but the 40k app has been a total failure. I really hope GW see sense on this. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Austin said:

But with one HUGE difference- no fluff or unit descriptions or any of that.  To me that is most of the point of buying the books in the first place.

That’s kind of irrelevant? You still have to buy the physical book for 40K so you have the lore in that. The app is a gaming aid and doesn’t need to have the lore

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

That’s kind of irrelevant? You still have to buy the physical book for 40K so you have the lore in that. The app is a gaming aid and doesn’t need to have the lore

Its not irrelevant. There's no way to get digital 40k lore at all.  For me it's a case of space in my small Japanese house and the environmental impact but there are many people who suffer from disabilities for whom a physical book simply isn't an option. There's a guy on Twitter who paints (amazingly) with his mouth. Turning a page on a physical book for someone with that kind of disability is a genuine issue. It is also the fact that gw is taking away something that worked perfectly well before. They may be worried about piracy but that hasn't been curbed by this change at all. 

• Like 19

Whether they take away Physical or Digital, taking away options in general is never a good thing especially when it alienates the fanbase disconnecting them.  I'd be similarly annoyed if they removed physical books entirely as I struggle to read books on a screen.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

Whether they take away Physical or Digital, taking away options in general is never a good thing especially when it alienates the fanbase disconnecting them.  I'd be similarly annoyed if they removed physical books entirely as I struggle to read books on a screen.

Exactly - removing options like this seems to indicate that someone somewhere in the GW decision making process (on the board or something) has a really archaic view on how to combat piracy. I think that's the only reason they're doing this, as there doesn't seem to be another good argument for suddenly removing a digital option in 2021.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I couldn't disagree more.  In a time when every other company gives away rules for free- the lore/art is what makes the books worth it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dawnmane said:

Exactly - removing options like this seems to indicate that someone somewhere in the GW decision making process (on the board or something) has a really archaic view on how to combat piracy. I think that's the only reason they're doing this, as there doesn't seem to be another good argument for suddenly removing a digital option in 2021 

Maybe it's tied to the upcoming Warhammer+ ? Yeah, obviously you can have digital battletome. In fact you can have ALL battletomes and animations. For a price of course... [insert just-as-planned meme here] 😉

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Any rumours about whether the orruk release will have anything for Ironjawz/Bonesplitterz?

Kruelboyz being one of three factions within Warclans is a cool idea. Kruelboyz are the aspect of Mork, Ironjawz Gork, Bonesplitterz are kind of the purest in their Gorkamorka worship. And it also means those factions can be more niche, since they can plug up eachothers' gaps.

But I do feel Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz could do with getting a few extras. The latter in particular, I know they're monster hunters but a rogue idol type behemoth would do a lot to make the army look less samey. 

39 minutes ago, Nuriel said:

Maybe it's tied to the upcoming Warhammer+ ? Yeah, obviously you can have digital battletome. In fact you can have ALL battletomes and animations. For a price of course... [insert just-as-planned meme here] 😉

That would fit my expectations of the company.

• LOVE IT! 1

51 minutes ago, Nuriel said:

well, that's what I would do if I was them in this age of subscription.

2 hours ago, Klamm said:

Any rumours about whether the orruk release will have anything for Ironjawz/Bonesplitterz?

Kruelboyz being one of three factions within Warclans is a cool idea. Kruelboyz are the aspect of Mork, Ironjawz Gork, Bonesplitterz are kind of the purest in their Gorkamorka worship. And it also means those factions can be more niche, since they can plug up eachothers' gaps.

But I do feel Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz could do with getting a few extras. The latter in particular, I know they're monster hunters but a rogue idol type behemoth would do a lot to make the army look less samey. 

There was some Irpnjawz rumors a while back - may get wrapped up in a new Wartribes tome release?

Maybe I'm alone in this but I much prefer the limited edition or the normal edition to the dominion core book. The art is good but too busy for a cover imo and the lack of a cover title freaks me out. Do you think there will be a large number of players wanting that version on ebay based on previous editions? Would love to get the dominion box and then swap my book

2 hours ago, Aidrox said:

Maybe I'm alone in this but I much prefer the limited edition or the normal edition to the dominion core book. The art is good but too busy for a cover imo and the lack of a cover title freaks me out. Do you think there will be a large number of players wanting that version on ebay based on previous editions? Would love to get the dominion box and then swap my book

It was the same with Indomitus. The rulebook in that had a full cover picture with no text. 

5 hours ago, Klamm said:

Doubtful. They might get a shared Endless Sells/terrain piece.

The downside to such a soup 'Tome is that if you've no interested in the part of the book getting new models, you're out of luck for presumably another three years. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

3 hours ago, Aidrox said:

Maybe I'm alone in this but I much prefer the limited edition or the normal edition to the dominion core book. 

Me too. I didn't know that was coming. I had planned to get one or two copies of Dominion. Now, after seeing that awesome limited edition separate book*, I'm buying that and maybe ... maybe ... one copy of Dominion.

Of course, given the sheer volume of GW WTFery around limited books, chances are very, very low that by the time the preorder window opens for Central time customers, it will be sold out entirely.

I swear, if they can't make it last for at least 15 minutes in my time zone, I just might be done with any "special" items from GW.

*I mean, seriously, just look at the glorious limited version of the old Warhammer rules (photos attached). Who wouldn't want something that cool? I really don't want to miss out on the new one.

20210606_080118.jpg

20210606_080128.jpg

20210606_080140.jpg

20210606_080250.jpg

• Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 5

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Doubtful. They might get a shared Endless Sells/terrain piece.

The downside to such a soup 'Tome is that if you've no interested in the part of the book getting new models, you're out of luck for presumably another three years. 

Theres so much that can be done for Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz. It really hope they get carried forward in some way. 

• Like 1

I am curious if we can guess approximately how much of an army is being presented in Dominion? How close did Indomitus get the armies to a full list? Can I likely get Dominion, toss in another battleline for both factions, and get a Stardrake and Maw Crusher and call it a day? Or will a start collecting box to round them out? What about the regular starter set that is likely incoming?

I know it is impossible to tell as points will change and maybe even the manner army lists are built will look different. But I still am curious how well we can map the possible contents in relationship to Soul Wars and Indomitus.  

I think this is the biggest plus for Kruel Boyz being part of Warclans would be that there is a start collecting set already available. It gives new players the chance to add on a start collecting set right away. Although as someone more interested in the SCE half I am leaning towards the Vanguard set as I love me some suboptimal builds with cool themes 😎

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

I wonder if these Kruleboyz are going to be the "Face" of destruction going forth? Since 1st edition the Ironjawz have had their faces plastered everywhere whenever GW talks about destruction. Promotional images, short stories, store banners, books, etc, Just like how Stormcast are used to represent GA:Order or how Nighthaunt are the face of GA:Death after Soul Wars. Will these new Orruks be the new face of our Grand Alliance? Or will we still see Orruk Brutes and Megabosses on all the promo images for Destruction?

I remember when Gloomspite and Mawtribes came out with larger and more developed factions there were a lot of people asking why the Grots or Ogors weren't the face of the Grand Alliance. Now there is a big and developed Orruk force in a starter set that fits the bill better.

30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am curious if we can guess approximately how much of an army is being presented in Dominion? How close did Indomitus get the armies to a full list? Can I likely get Dominion, toss in another battleline for both factions, and get a Stardrake and Maw Crusher and call it a day? Or will a start collecting box to round them out? What about the regular starter set that is likely incoming?

I know it is impossible to tell as points will change and maybe even the manner army lists are built will look different. But I still am curious how well we can map the possible contents in relationship to Soul Wars and Indomitus.  

I think this is the biggest plus for Kruel Boyz being part of Warclans would be that there is a start collecting set already available. It gives new players the chance to add on a start collecting set right away. Although as someone more interested in the SCE half I am leaning towards the Vanguard set as I love me some suboptimal builds with cool themes 😎

It will depend on points costs of course and if SCE are getting more units in 3s but a rough guess:

Vindictors 120: 240

Praetors: 100

Annihilators: 100

Yndrasta: 280

Knight Arcanum: 120

Flag man: 100

Lord: 180

(All based on equivalent existing heroes)

Total: 1120

Add a Stardrake, an additional battleline, maybe a battalion or two and you’ll be close.

• Thanks 1