The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Pvarron said:

Oh, boy! The new rules tease is literally nothing! Shooting hasn’t changed at all and the interview also reveals nothing concrete.

Well, look out sir no longer applies to heroes with >10 wounds. Currently it excludes heroes that are monsters. 

This means that Katakros no longer gets LOS.

I’m not sure if there any hero monsters <10 wounds but if there are, they now get LOS where they didn’t before

1 minute ago, Erdemo86 said:

Oh ok, there is some hidden change. You can shoot at an enemy unit that’s within 3 inch of a friendly unit without a penalty! So normally there is some kind of penalty?

Maybe, or maybe they are just clarifying that there isn't a risk at shooting an engaged unit vs a non engaged unit (as it is now in 2.0).

Worth remembering they said there are command reactions available for every phase of the game, now. It may be there's reactions you can do to being shot that further inflict penalties or boost saves, and they decided that was enough to declaw shooting. May be plenty of other things in the rules we're not seeing yet, as well.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

Worth remembering they said there are command reactions available for every phase of the game, now. It may be there's reactions you can do to being shot that further inflict penalties or boost saves, and they decided that was enough to declaw shooting. May be plenty of other things in the rules we're not seeing yet, as well.

that could be nice if rather CP intensive

To be clear, I share some of the disappointment that they haven't made more direct changes around the targeting of shooting and Look Out Sir rules, but I figure it's worth pointing out that this little snippet we've seen alone isn't necessarily some sort of death knell for AoS 3's future meta beneath the weight of shooting attacks just yet.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well, I too want to see Shooting nerfed... But the layout redesign and the new options for 1. Army building in Matched Play, 2. more versatility for Heroes and 3. Monsters getting more dangerous are IMO very interesting changes.

Only thing I'm really afraid of (implied in the interview) : the transformation of the A4 version of the General's Handbook into those small, fragile looking booklets Ala 40k Chapter Approved with swirly binding...

just imagine if Severith becomes capable of doing some decent damage as a result fo those changes on top of the utility. 

The single most effective way to deal with shooting is with improved scenery rules. I think it's important to wait until we see those before we panick. Also it's probably a full month until the box comes out. There is plenty of time to give us the info we need. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The single most effective way to deal with shooting is with improved scenery rules. I think it's important to wait until we see those before we panick. Also it's probably a full month until the box comes out. There is plenty of time to give us the info we need. 

I am actually quite reluctant to more terrain. While it may affect shooting I also see a huge disadvantage for bigger units. It is already a pain to move thoose 30+Bloodletters without terrain, having to position them inside and around terrain (especially the old wildwoods *shiver*) if really pure pain. Without adjusting the Battletomes (remove horde bonuses and modifiers like "if unit X has more than Y Models than BUFF Z is applied") I am a bit afraid this might feel like a shizophrenic middleway between armies smashing together and skirmish. But it is too early to speculate with no access to the full rule set

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Random question but, has anyone made any model scale comparisons to get an indication for how big/small the models are in the Dominion set? I’m curious if the Stormcast have gotten even taller or stayed the same, and I’m wondering how large the orruks are as well. Hobgrots seem potentially a little smaller than, if not the same size as, human scale models.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Random question but, has anyone made any model scale comparisons to get an indication for how big/small the models are in the Dominion set? I’m curious if the Stormcast have gotten even taller or stayed the same, and I’m wondering how large the orruks are as well. Hobgrots seem potentially a little smaller than, if not the same size as, human scale models.

I made one a while ago for Reddit. Might try making one with the Kruleboyz later if someone else doesn't do it before me.

Size Comparison.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I am actually quite reluctant to more terrain. While it may affect shooting I also see a huge disadvantage for bigger units. It is already a pain to move thoose 30+Bloodletters without terrain, having to position them inside and around terrain (especially the old wildwoods *shiver*) if really pure pain. Without adjusting the Battletomes (remove horde bonuses and modifiers like "if unit X has more than Y Models than BUFF Z is applied") I am a bit afraid this might feel like a shizophrenic middleway between armies smashing together and skirmish. But it is too early to speculate with no access to the full rule set

I think the most important concept they need to introduce from 40k is the idea of breachable terrain. Breachable terrain is for things like ruins where there are often holes or blown out chunks of wall, and lets units pass through it as if it weren't there. Having used it, it's absolutely critical in allowing a table to be covered in beautiful big terrain that provides line of sight blocking while also allowing melee armies to move around without being totally bogged down. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

if I'm not remembering wrong even whitefang said same scale, a while ago..

it's basically an aesthethic rework for sce

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

There could be a Generals Handbook in the summer so there will probably be point changes then. Rumor is that there will be a general increase but no official news about it.

am I the only one who doesn't want to see a GHB for 2021? Seems like it would be both a waste of GW resources and customer money for a book that 3.0 makes obsolete within... a month? 2?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Doesn't touch LRL no LOS MW spam, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

The single most effective way to deal with shooting is with improved scenery rules.

Better yet, improved scenery. The rules are, and we're in even in 1.0, perfectly suitable for giving protections and creating interesting tabletop interactions.

It's players using twigs and soda cans as terrain that makes things less than stellar.

So, Synessa get Lok Out Sir but her sister Dexcessa don't. Weird spot.

I think shooting will have nerfs in the form of reactions.

And the GHB was a complete necessity to balance each army into 3.0 with equality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

I agree on the basic level, but it's too hard to balance, but there should be a happy medium between the archers who don't care at all for the knight they just rushed into. Also, a 30 man archer unit suddenly can't do anything with a 1 grot tag within 2,8".

I think it can be solved with a minimum scope grant.
Now add a minimum range of 3" to 6" to the same rule fire
If you do, a shooting model that is completely close to the enemy will not be able to fire at enemy units. But I think it's also appropriate to add shooting variants, such as weapons with no minimum range or shorter ones, as the archer models that are a little further away can also shoot.
(Short-range weapons have a shorter minimum range)

Edited by IronHelmet