The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

Been looking forward to this :D

Out next month.

This is the same developer that made Mordheim and Necromunda, which gives me some pause. Long term support tends to be sketchy, and there's been basically no information about this game prior to the release date announcement.

That said, it could be fun, even if it turns out janky.

1 minute ago, madmac said:

This is the same developer that made Mordheim and Necromunda, which gives me some pause. Long term support tends to be sketchy, and there's been basically no information about this game prior to the release date announcement.

That said, it could be fun, even if it turns out janky.

no this is a new studio called Gasket games made of old Dawn of War devs

Mordheim/ Necromunda is made by Rogue Factor

they just have the same publisher which is Focus  Home Interactive

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Do you think we can expect some normal points for Cursed City Death units? I mean other than 680 points for the whole hero pack? It's basically unplayable on any other than total amateur level.

I think GW is in a bit of a pickle here. If they make these guys fieldable on their own, and good enough that someone actually wants to take them, as it is you're already asking people to buy a high priced box to get them. Then, what do they do in 3 years when the box is no longer available? They can't release the models individually because of the way the sprues are designed. Best they could do is sell a Gobapallooza style box with a bunch of them together.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Maybe a nighthaunt themed expansion for cursed city? 

That certainly seems to be in the cards. One of the locations on the Cursed City map mentions ghostly undead and so far there are none in the game.

But I think a minor expansion for Nighthaunt proper before we enter AoS 3.0 is also possible. Even with the events of BR: Teclis...

Spoiler

...like the destruction of Nagash and Arkhan and the stopping of the Necroquake...

...it feels like the Death narrative has not been fully concluded yet.

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I think GW is in a bit of a pickle here. If they make these guys fieldable on their own, and good enough that someone actually wants to take them, as it is you're already asking people to buy a high priced box to get them. Then, what do they do in 3 years when the box is no longer available? They can't release the models individually because of the way the sprues are designed. Best they could do is sell a Gobapallooza style box with a bunch of them together.

They did it within the past year with Necrons and Space Marines from Indomitus, I would be all for it here too.

I would be for it in general going forward. 

they have yet to do it for Silver tower and Blackstone, so there no inclination that GW would do it for Cursed City.

Indomitus is different because the unit are meant to be use in 40K to begin with while the Warhammer quest stuff are sort of their own thing. they way they did it was also anti consumer friendly but that a different topic.

granted out of all the hostile pack, Rakudar may get release separately because he has his own sprue

6 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Do you think we can expect some normal points for Cursed City Death units? I mean other than 680 points for the whole hero pack? It's basically unplayable on any other than total amateur level.

That unit makes perfect sense, because this way they don't have to split sprues.

I had hoped for things that could be considered for play, but between locking all the humans to one city, the elf to one glade and every dead thing in one block, that's clearly not the intent.

The witch hunter pair does imply generic witch hunters (because of alternate loadouts), which is good for the Cities side of things.

16 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

This summer is gonna be wild...

Life VS Destruction starter set? Alarielle/Kurnothi [Kragnos] vs Gordrakk's lads???

Just thinking out Loud as Alarielle seems to becoming more prominent in the BR series.. 

That said the new CoS and Gravelords stuff looks amazing... I think its win-win either way..

[

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Yes and it makes me so happy to see a LRL fall under the trance of a Vampire in the artwork

CrimsonCourt.png

and now they HAVE pulled one back! Looks like it was Duvalle who got the crucial touch

It'll be little more than a consolation at this late stage of the game, but finally something to cheer about for the traveling undead supporters on what has been a day to forget

• Confused 2

I know I am a day late to the part, but those Witch Hunters are fantastic. Combined with the Witch Hunter from Cursed City, that is three new Witch Hunters in a short span of time from GW. Can they please return them to being an option for CoS? Or better yet release a full Order of Azyr Warband for Warcry?

I need more for my Mordheim addiction! (Also I would play the heck out of all of them if they ever get Warcry rules)

5 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Its not that hard, stick them all in a single box and sell them as "Start Collecting - Ulfencairn". Similar to the Start Collecting Greywater fastness and other Cities of Sigmar type boxed sets. They have obviously created some really nicely detailed models that stand to be fairly popular, and GW already paid for the development, design and mold production, seems like a no-brainier to capitalize on it as a company. 

People are going to seek them out even if GW never releases them individually. How old is the current LoN/soulblight line? 20+ years? Half the line is still resin. Being able to get modern sculpts of bat swarms, a really nice vargulf stand in for flesh eater courts, a new barrow weight on foot hero, and a bunch of vampire lords and necromancer stand-ins makes them valuable in players eyes already. Why not provide them unique stats in Soulblight Gravelords?  Especially since they are releasing a vampire themes Underworlds warband AND the soulblight Gravelords at the same time. Making tie ins across all the product lines is just good business sense. 

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Gw is looking to hire a new lead developer for Age of Sigmar which I thought was Jervis Johnson's job. Is anyone willing to put their money where their mouth is?

Gday staff I'm the new Lead designer, right first and foremost we must expand Destruction and by that I mean Sons of Behemat need at least 10 new kits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3