The Rumour Thread

59 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Box is still not released, and the previous marauder units are still in the rules / in store, that's what I meant.

Exactly this. Darkoath marauders and standard marauders won't have the same warscroll, because we know that the new ones will at least have the darkoath keyword.

The current marauders will exist until GW says the warscroll goes to legend - normally when there's a new book, but perhaps next battlescroll/faq, or at the index overhaul.

I'd wager that the Chaos coalition soups will vanish with the forthcoming new edition. As it is they've made it virtually a tactical hindrance to include coalition units in the god armies. 

A pity. I've spent a lot of time converting and painting Slaves and Beasts units as Slaanesh devotees! 

6 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I'd wager that the Chaos coalition soups will vanish with the forthcoming new edition. As it is they've made it virtually a tactical hindrance to include coalition units in the god armies. 

A pity. I've spent a lot of time converting and painting Slaves and Beasts units as Slaanesh devotees! 

It's a bit sad that Chaos does not get to mix their troops as much anymore, but then again thinking back to the time when the best way to play Cities was to run 1200 points of Dracoths, I get why it might be necessary.

• Like 1

Just now, Grungnisson said:

Clearly, drawing from the strong points of all the previous editions, GW realised the early AOS was the best AoS and we're going back to warscrolls only with no points nor army rules.

Put realm artefacts back in and you've got yourself a deal!

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's a bit sad that Chaos does not get to mix their troops as much anymore, but then again thinking back to the time when the best way to play Cities was to run 1200 points of Dracoths, I get why it might be necessary.

True, that is because AoS is balanced through tournament results and lots of tournament players min-max there lists. Which imo gives a skewed result. For the more casual player that doesn't take the min-max approach, but more the rule of cool or immersion is punished with those tournament balance things and restrictions.

I hope that AoS 4th will give Chaos and CoS/SCE again the possibility to mix the units a bit more with shared keywords.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So first drafts for the cover of WD 500 before the final draft

1712057559867960m.jpg.a6de98356786d9ecbe90a0195971bcf5.jpg1712057623852484m.jpg.780c53ceb17b6b701888a1eec5853439.jpg

1712057286695024m.jpg.b757695d852d679feeb62120bff2ac7b.jpg

Cheers for that! The artwork looks awesome - my favourite is number 5. 

50 minutes ago, Kronos said:

After @Whitefanglaugh reacting to my “I hope he (the White Dwarf) gets a miniature I’m a little flustered that there won’t be. Or worse that it will be dressed like a Stupid Stormcast or Primaris. 

If this 500 mark gets no plastic or resin miniature or if  its just a mug and some tote bags well….

IMG_3496.jpeg

We will getting a new White Dwarf model.. but he's Votann..😇 [I wouldnt mind! But hopefully both!]

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

If they are horns then they are for TOW.

Yeah I though either knights helmet or maybe a wood elf. Could be a High Elf lord, Jes did a cracking High elf champion model with horns- could eb a homage to that. 

I have given up on seeing Kurnothi ..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

We move out of the Weapons' month. It is Kurnothi's month now?

The Rumour Engine – 2nd April 2024 - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

RumourEngine Apr2 Content

I am just going to stop seeing every twig, antler and horn as Kurnothi. You have done it GW you have broken my hope of seeing Kurnothi as anything more than supporting elements in side games. 😢 

51 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So first drafts for the cover of WD 500 before the final draft

1712057559867960m.jpg.a6de98356786d9ecbe90a0195971bcf5.jpg1712057623852484m.jpg.780c53ceb17b6b701888a1eec5853439.jpg

1712057286695024m.jpg.b757695d852d679feeb62120bff2ac7b.jpg

As much as I love them all I have to say number 4 is my favourite composition.

50 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Curious how important the KO and FS are in all the versions.

Despite my earlier tongue in cheek references to soup, the lore has implied that Grombrindal and Grungni hope to unite the Duardin armies. I assume that Grombrindal will be playable in both factions (maybe cities as well?) if he ever gets a new model and rules. 

46 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Exactly this. Darkoath marauders and standard marauders won't have the same warscroll, because we know that the new ones will at least have the darkoath keyword.

The current marauders will exist until GW says the warscroll goes to legend - normally when there's a new book, but perhaps next battlescroll/faq, or at the index overhaul.

Darkoaths come with a supplement, so it wouldn't be weird if it is specified such change inside the supplement.

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

True, that is because AoS is balanced through tournament results and lots of tournament players min-max there lists. Which imo gives a skewed result. For the more casual player that doesn't take the min-max approach, but more the rule of cool or immersion is punished with those tournament balance things and restrictions.

I hope that AoS 4th will give Chaos and CoS/SCE again the possibility to mix the units a bit more with shared keywords.

If I was religious I'd give that a hearty 'amen'. 

The rule of cool is king in my naughty little book! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I hope they manage to strike the balance somehow. But even with a coalition system that is just "allies can benefit from your allegiance abilities", if players feel forced to run 400 points of units from a different army that's kind of a feel bad.

I think that some players feel the pull of having to play "optimally" more than others. For some people, leaving good mechanics on the table in the service of a fluffy list just feels bad.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

CoS are the dummies of the Mortal Realms, they would join whoever can drop them a hand. So in reality they should be able to mix units with everyone 😅

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The side-by-side between the new and old Liberators from the article really puts things into perspective:

thelibs.PNG.d461d64e792bea94433bde94d933b599.PNG

I wonder how the reception of Stormcast would have been if they had looked like this from the start.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

The new librator is great. The nose guard still bothers me a bit, but still a solid improvement. After buying the three AoS startersets, I will try to start for the fourth time a SCE army. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Finally

Surprisingly decent. Feel like less chunky Annihilators, which is a good thing imo.

Add that the unit they could have standard bearer now and it is a must buy for everyone that don't want to kitbash

4 hours ago, Sarouan said:

However, I'd personnally refrain from writing threads about me "leaving forever if GW does do that", because I would feel really silly when I come back to the game after a while in the end

What's a word for being condescending and presumptive at the same time? I'm always looking to expand my vocabulary.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Might be a quirk of the angle and the highlighting but this dude (unintentionally?) has a fun little smirk. Sylvester Stallone vibes.

Or maybe it was intentional... 😅