The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Dawnbringers 2 is gonna be BIG and GREEN

🤔 Or perhaps little, green, and riding more wolves...

Would be fantastic to see Gitmob expanded upon even if only through RoR via 2-3 packs of Snarlfang and a tasty new warlord/shaman on chariot kit or something similar. 

Some more Kruleboyz wouldn't hurt either.  😉

• Like 1

I think we will see some nice additions to Destruction. There’s a lot of destruction looking items in the rumor pics. I think we might see at least one kit for each faction! 

We already saw the Ironjawz addition. I think we will definitely see a Kruleboyz model/unit. There was the rumor pic of the hammer that screams ogres, and every time I turn around it feels like a new Gitz model/warcry/underworlds model that they throw out there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Considering that book 2 is about destruction...could it bbe the third book about death?

Hmm you're on to something here... Book 1 Chaos, Book 2 Destruction, Book 3 Death (ghouls especially) ...... leaving Book 4 as Order to finally launch the Cities revamp?!?

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

Hmm you're on to something here... Book 1 Chaos, Book 2 Destruction, Book 3 Death (ghouls especially) ...... leaving Book 4 as Order to finally launch the Cities revamp?!?

But book 1 has models for all 4 alliances and book 2 is coming in the autumn which is also when cites is coming. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

🤔 Or perhaps little, green, and riding more wolves...

Would be fantastic to see Gitmob expanded upon even if only through RoR via 2-3 packs of Snarlfang and a tasty new warlord/shaman on chariot kit or something similar. 

Some more Kruleboyz wouldn't hurt either.  😉

As much as I want gitmob I doubt they'll show up in book 2 because Gitz are showing up in book 1.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Think book 3 will be order with some kurnothi releases and book 4 will be death along with the fec battletome 

I am rather confident that each of the Dawnbringer books will feature each of the grand alliances. The big Warclanz release for book 2 will probably only be the monstrous hog, but maybe that will be the theme of the second book. A large center piece for an army. The remaining 2 might have something like a war machine or a regiment of soldiers to for each alliance. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They said, "in the next few weeks" too. They're usually pretty specific about using "very soon" when it's only a couple of weeks away at most. Usually.

I can't imagine they'd want to drop any decent-sized releases in the middle of "Lil Timmy buys his big expensive 40k boxset" season, but maybe I'm less optimistic than the sales department are.

They did not say in the next few weeks for Harbingers. I’ve watched the stream a couple times looking for that after seeing it said around here. They said similar for Seraphon, talking about the fact the full release was coming soon and that was it. Harbingers has always been a summer release which for GW is June-Aug and we knew it wouldn’t drop before 40k

• Like 1

I just cannot wait for the narrative to move forward again!! 

What is Nurgle planning? Which Crusade is going to make it? Which foe will be its downfall? What Factions that usually dont play a part in narrative will have time to shine? Will it be Fyreslayers, Ogors, Skaven or Beasts? Maybe all!?

What revelations will be made? What Factions will be teased? Will we end up with a cliffhanger with some nefarious furry bodied rodent men teasing the big bad in 4.0!?!?!?!

New models are the cherry on top for me, I just hope some of those cherries are Ogor sized.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I was hoping those Harbinger books were mixed up. 

Harbringer is the first book. Book 2, 3, 4,... have other thematic

11 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Cities is going to be released before the book 4

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, the actual book series is called Dawnbringers, not Harbingers, right?  Following the story of two large dawnbringer crusades heading in different directions.  The first book, Harbingers, would just be setting the stage with what the major factions are doing at the time, presumably told through the perspective/portents of the four new character models.  And then I'd imagine the later books will follow the dawnbringers through x/y regions of Aqshy/Ghyran of their journeys, with new models introduced as they come into contact with [insert faction here], I don't imagine the indiviual books will be themed around grand alliances, or anything. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Following the story of two large dawnbringer crusades heading in different directions.

Yep. We know that one of them will succeed, and the other will fail. Maybe the one that will fail could end with a corrupted/transformed/changed crusade?

It could be fun to see SCE vs a new army made from the ashes of a Dawnbringer crusade for 4.0

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

The Yndrasta book sold out in the first ten minutes on the UK website. You’ll want to be vigilant when it goes live if you want it and you’re further west.ADBF09A7-60D7-47C1-B099-121D31F6B7FD.jpeg.1a14ca87a00dcd2c6a2e72810af3f69d.jpeg

Advice for anyone who does want it: GW pre-orders are often available before the official release time. I might Shadows of Faith two weekends ago at 9:52, and The Death and the End limited edition at 9:45ish.

It's a right pain, but queue up the relevant section of the GW website (e.g. Black Library for this) as well as a Google web search and be hitting F5 regularly from about 9:30 if getting this is important to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, SunStorm said:

Has anyone else noticed that the new releases, Seraphon and this weeks Underworlds stuff no longer has 360 degree previews on the GW site?

Yeah the recent kill team stuff doesn't have 360s either. It's a bit annoying. I wonder why they stopped doing them. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Has anyone else noticed that the new releases, Seraphon and this weeks Underworlds stuff no longer has 360 degree previews on the GW site?

I noticed the new seraphon minis don’t have the 360 shots on their web store listings, tho oddly there were some on the limited army box.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Does that suggest next weekend will be Leviathan pre-order?

Pre-order for Leviathan box will actually take place next Saturday for a release on the 24th. I don't think there will be any pre-orders in the meantime on the 17th.

I agree with the previous comments otherwise : it's a real shame that the 360° views seem to have stopped.

28 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah the recent kill team stuff doesn't have 360s either. It's a bit annoying. I wonder why they stopped doing them. 

I'm hoping it's just that the set up they use to do so is out of action, or perhaps in use entirely for 10th edition stuff. It would be a shame if they stopped doing them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

I'm hoping it's just that the set up they use to do so is out of action, or perhaps in use entirely for 10th edition stuff. It would be a shame if they stopped doing them.

That is pretty likely, but I fear that even after that they won't come back for the current stuff as the next GW release will always be right around the corner