The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

No description available.

I think we all saw this coming but it's here sooner than I thought. Say goodnight to those sweet Forgeworld models, at least for the time being. 

I suspect AoS will have some Forgeworld support again once The Old World gets going. 

I'll miss those massive monsters showing up at events just for cool points. 

Dang, that's gotta hurt anyone who spent forge world prices and painted those monstrosities. To those awesome and dedicated souls, you have my sympathies.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

I think we all saw this coming but it's here sooner than I thought. Say goodnight to those sweet Forgeworld models, at least for the time being. 

I suspect AoS will have some Forgeworld support again once The Old World gets going. 

I think this is where 3.0 missed the mark. Era of the beast was the perfect opportunity to redo some of these classics in plastic. Even if the rules aren't extremely thrilling people love to paint these big bad boys to have on the shelf with their armies.  

Edited by Jetlife
  • Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

looks like my FW thirster is becoming a standard thirster..

if they thing I'm going to pay out for those plastic leaping kitty monstrosities they call thirsters then they can go swivel... I'd rather take a dump into my hands and clap.  The plastic thirster is truly awful... truly..

Mine might only be the poverty spec thirster, but they'll look like the coolest poverty spec thirsters ever!!!

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

looks like my FW thirster is becoming a standard thirster..

if they thing I'm going to pay out for those plastic leaping kitty monstrosities they call thirsters then they can go swivel... I'd rather take a dump into my hands and clap.  The plastic thirster is truly awful... truly..

Mine might only be the poverty spec thirster, but they'll look like the coolest poverty spec thirsters ever!!!

I won't lie, out of the plastic daemon kits the Bloodthirster is the most ridiculous looking. The other three have this aura of mystique and malevolence surrounding them (even the GUO) while still looking somewhat goofy. The Bloodthirster kit.... is just too much...

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I won't lie, out of the plastic daemon kits the Bloodthirster is the most ridiculous looking. The other three have this aura of mystique and malevolence surrounding them (even the GUO) while still looking somewhat goofy. The Bloodthirster kit.... is just too much...

For me it's the attempt at them 'leaping' which is what ruins it. It gives the model this awful, top heavy appearance which throws the whole thing off. They look like they're tripping over a pebble or skipping.

By comparison, Skarbrand - stood on both hooves as he is - looks great. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DinoJon said:

in a weird way I think this is a good thing.

AoS has a lot of room to grow and getting models in resin doesn't really help the game grow. All it does is put cool models behind a larger paywall. I'd rather see AoS continue to get nice plastic kits than dodgy FW resin ones. While some of those big monsters will be missed and there were some cool designs, my hope is that we'll see some of them in plastic in the future, much more accessible and without needing a whole separate book to use their rules. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

31 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

AoS has a lot of room to grow and getting models in resin doesn't really help the game grow. All it does is put cool models behind a larger paywall. I'd rather see AoS continue to get nice plastic kits than dodgy FW resin ones. While some of those big monsters will be missed and there were some cool designs, my hope is that we'll see some of them in plastic in the future, much more accessible and without needing a whole separate book to use their rules. 

A plastic Rogue Idol would probably be quite popular.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

42 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

Yes,mainline plastic kits are preferable than FW ones imho.
Troll hag,Rogue idol and so on are fine addictions that should be re-done with next destruction waves....maybe adding a dual option for the hag with another troggoth hero.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RileyArlic said:

Honestly the FW stuff wasn't that far out of line with GW's actual prices.
When I bought a bonegrinder, 6 months-ish before gargants came out I paid like 200CAD IIRC, and when megas came out they were 230CAD.
Colossal Squig and Hag were like 130-140 each, but plastic versions would probably be priced up there with bloodthirsters.
Also the FW keeper was only like 10-20$ off the GW price.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 7:04 AM, Chikout said:

Not angular enough to be a Tyranid. I'm getting water dragon vibes. Along with the rumour from a few weeks ago, could we finally be getting a second wave for IDK?Z98BP5YD0W92O8wT.jpg.7a6524b76ac5b41c826ee2cad07b63a7.jpg

Im a little late to the party on this one, but my bet is the tail of a fish or something aquatic. Those spines look just like the scutes on a sturgeon.

How a 'Sturgeon Surgeon' Tracks the Bay's Giant, Stealthy Living Fossils -  Bay Nature

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 6

1 hour ago, willange said:

Wait, people don't like the plastic bloodthirster?  I LOVE that model.  I bought and painted 3 of them plus Skarbrand lol.

I love the kit as well, my only issue is relative size. They were the first ones resculpted so it makes sense, but if you ignore the wings and compare them to the other greater daemons they're way too small. I'd love to see a new kit where their body size is closer to the keeper or lord of change.

• Thanks 1

My biggest gripe with the plastic bloodthirster is the oval base compared to all the other greater daemons round bases. Can't complain about the sculpt though. 

Anyone else get restless during these in-between times of releases/rumors? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

My biggest gripe with the plastic bloodthirster is the oval base compared to all the other greater daemons round bases. Can't complain about the sculpt though. 

All the time, cause typically it means I have a test coming up… and wouldn’t you know it! Finals are next week!!!

Just finished watching the Callis and Toll episode of Hammer and Bolter. I enjoyed it but the story felt a bit rushed. It definitely feels like it should have been a series. There are lots of questions that are set up in the episode but aren't answered. I hope they do more with this in the future whether it's in novels or a multi episode TV show. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, DinoJon said:

absolutely. I'm trying to work on some saurus warriors while waiting for confirmation of the rest of the seraphon line. I really hope it's not too long a wait. I dread if we have to wait till some random time in July...

7 hours ago, Grimrock said:

I love the kit as well, my only issue is relative size. They were the first ones resculpted so it makes sense, but if you ignore the wings and compare them to the other greater daemons they're way too small. I'd love to see a new kit where their body size is closer to the keeper or lord of change.

Get a Angron and use him as BT :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

All the time, cause typically it means I have a test coming up… and wouldn’t you know it! Finals are next week!!!

Good luck and may the power of Long Lost Nehekhara inspire and provide you wisdom!!

6 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Absolutely!! And we are so spoiled compared to only a few years ago when you got basically zero news or announcements outside of events. Let alone rumours online!!

45 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If they had properly communicated the FW stuff was falling out of rules, it would have been a lot better. One edition warning at least.

Now it's just bait and switch, but that's how GW does.

I genuinely don't understand why they can't communicate that "Heads up, these models are going out of production and by next edition, their rules will be Legends". I don't even think it would hurt sales, because there are probably people who would have picked up, let's say, a few extra Fimir or a Merwyrm if they had known they'd go out of production instead of being blindsided by it.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I genuinely don't understand why they can't communicate that "Heads up, these models are going out of production and by next edition, their rules will be Legends". I don't even think it would hurt sales, because there are probably people who would have picked up, let's say, a few extra Fimir or a Merwyrm if they had known they'd go out of production instead of being blindsided by it.

I'd be interested to know what's happening with sales of Cities stuff which is in the category of 'unknown if it's staying' such as Dispossessed and Aelves. Wether people are buying now in case it goes. Or putting off buying to see if it'll stay valid.

Alas we'll probably never know, unless it makes it into annual reports etc.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I'd be interested to know what's happening with sales of Cities stuff which is in the category of 'unknown if it's staying' such as Dispossessed and Aelves. Wether people are buying now in case it goes. Or putting off buying to see if it'll stay valid.

Alas we'll probably never know, unless it makes it into annual reports etc.

In terms of 'regular' unit boxes they at least have some data to go on after they retired something like 35 kits before the first CoS book launched. And they did give us a few months of heads up on that.

But I'd argue it's all a bit different with those FW single, and unique kits. Centrepieces, even. There's a collector's value in them, as in people might want to have those models just to paint and display. And I'd argue that yes, giving people enough notice, most likely would have cleared the warehouse to a copy. But it's GW. The decisions are made by the money people, and the money people not necessarily taklk to and/or understand the game people withing the company, I guess.

• Like 1