The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

At least you got an army shot showing they have taken pictures of the minis all laid out together which is a lot more promising than a sped up spin of the same beastlord reveal we already got.

Oh well. Saves me money I guess.

Yeah, I feel for any BoC players. They were one of my favourite factions back in WFB 5th edition (back in 2004, when a fair number of the current kits were actually released) but they've been so neglected.

• Like 1

YEEEEES SERAPHON LET ME HEAR YOU ROAR YOU SCALEY BEAUUUUTIES!!

New Plastic Slann!! New Saurus Warriors and Saurus Knights!!

I thino @Clan's Cynic has hit the nail on the head with the other images being Khorne and Slaneesh/Malerion Warbands for Warcry and Underworlds respectively.

As a massive Lizardmen fan from WHFB if that is indeed new Saurus and not a Hero Im jumping back to Cold Blood Town!! 

Anyone else think the feathered Mount could be a Therinzosaur inspired critter? Recently also appeared in Jurassic World Dominion.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

In order, definitely looks like a new slan. You can see it looks like a chair. It has similar vines to Kroak, and a skink on the chair arm. 

Second looks like new saurus warriors. Doesn’t have enough bling to be a hero. Look similar to the one that came in the underworlds warband, so probably a unit of them. 

Third looks like a new saurus hero. Might be a multi kit like Carnosaur/Troglodon kit. It looks to big to be a cold one unless they just framed it to look larger.

Fourth one screams darkoath to me, so who knows. Could be a warcry character or even new Khorne foot hero for their book, even though we were hoping for Valykia 

Last one, looks like new Malerion Warband. The swords look similar to the rumor engine cutlass. I also have this feeling that that model is the one standing on that broken face statue from the rumor mill. 

• Like 1

the layout of the new big dino kinda confuses me, the front half of it seems to just end. Short arms and no visible head, but i think it might just be turning it and keeping it at the same height of it's body. Also the rider seems to be bending over while some sort of platform is on the dino's back. Maybe it has a ballista on it?

38 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

the layout of the new big dino kinda confuses me, the front half of it seems to just end. Short arms and no visible head, but i think it might just be turning it and keeping it at the same height of it's body. Also the rider seems to be bending over while some sort of platform is on the dino's back. Maybe it has a ballista on it?

EJSCreationsArt - Etsy

this is my thought of what the new dino is... maybe less feathered on the body. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

So that leak looking rather legit then?

The Seraphon list doesn't look accurate from that vid although the last 2 models are clearly Khorne and Slaanesh.

The video suggests the same order of releases as in the rumour. 

What straws am I grasping at? I am desperate for more Gitmob and Saurus Guard/Kroxigars.

Edit: The Khorne guy has 2 axes, the Slaanesh gal has 2 swords, it's gotta be the dual box set.

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, frostfire said:

Stormcast points out yet?

Yes, there are a lot of changes:

Spoiler
  • Aetherwings +5
  • Castigators -15
  • Desolators -10
  • Fulminators +10
  • Fulminator (1) +5
  • Evocators -10
  • Evokitties -40
  • Gryphhounds -20
  • Praetors -5
  • Prosecutors with Javelins -5
  • Protectors -5
  • Retributors -25
  • Chariot +5
  • Hunters -15
  • Palladors -15
  • Raptors with Xbows -30
  • Xandire -35
  • Vortex -20
  • Dais Arcanum -10
  • Ballista -10
  • Liberators +5
  • Sequitors -25
  • Averon -20
  • Prime +5
  • Gardus +20
  • Gavriel -10
  • Knight Arcanum -25
  • Heraldor -5
  • Incantor -5
  • Judicator with Gryphhounds -5
  • Questor -20
  • Venator -35
  • Vexillor Apotheosis -20
  • Zephyros -20
  • Lord Aquilor -30
  • Lord Arcanum -15
  • Arcanum on Dracoline -20
  • Arcanum on Gryphcharger -25
  • Arcanum on Tauralon -35
  • Castellant +5
  • Celestant on Dracoth -25
  • Exorcist -20
  • Imperatant -5
  • Ordinator -20
  • Relictor +5
  • Veritant -15
  • Vandus -15
  • Drakesworn Templar -55
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the scale is thrown by not knowing if the rider is a skink or saurus. 

Personally I feel like it is a Skink nibly astride a feathered Dino and it is maybe around the scale of the newer Mortal Seeker models in Slannesh?

Unfortunately I have only seen the video once and I am still trying to find stills lol

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

My bet is still on summer for Cities.

Btw, where the fu$%# is the Kharadron's book?

As always our tome one of the latest in edition. That's kinda funny coz KO, Tzeench and Lizards was the last one in 2nd edition if I'm correct)

Edited by cofaxest

Mm, I think the mystery seraphon model is a light, skink cavalry unit with more bird-like raptors, rather than a new monster.  Ideally that could be a new dual kit with updated cold ones, but I'm not holding my breath there!  I think there used to be a skink cavalry unit for Lizardmen many editions ago?  Could be a throwback to that.

As much as I would like the final sillhouette to be Slaanesh, I'm not sure that it is, all of the current mortal slaanesh models, from wizards to warriors, have a quite distinctive shoulder pauldron design that I can't quite match up there, but of course it is a just a black shadow!  But I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of our mystery underworlds warband either, it doesn't quite read the same as the rest of the Hedonites designs to my eye.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Mm, I think the mystery seraphon model is a light, skink cavalry unit with more bird-like raptors, rather than a new monster.  Ideally that could be a new dual kit with updated cold ones, but I'm not holding my breath there!  I think there used to be a skink cavalry unit for Lizardmen many editions ago?  Could be a throwback to that.

As much as I would like the final sillhouette to be Slaanesh, I'm not sure that it is, all of the current mortal slaanesh models, from wizards to warriors, have a quite distinctive shoulder pauldron design that I can't quite match up there, but of course it is a just a black shadow!  But I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of our mystery underworlds warband either, it doesn't quite read the same as the rest of the Hedonites designs to my eye.

I kinda feel like the most obvious explanation is that the models shown in the video match up exactly to the upcoming battletomes, and in the order they were shown, too. No Warcry, no Underworlds.

The video goes: Slaves, Gitz, Beasts, mystery models. That matches the roadmap we have. So I think the mystery models are a bunch of Seraphon, a Khorne hero and a Slaanesh hero. Which kind of feels like the least exciting things could be, but at least I happy for all the Seraphon players who might finally be getting decent saurus models. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Talas said:

Yes, there are a lot of changes:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Aetherwings +5
  • Castigators -15
  • Desolators -10
  • Fulminators +10
  • Fulminator (1) +5
  • Evocators -10
  • Evokitties -40
  • Gryphhounds -20
  • Praetors -5
  • Prosecutors with Javelins -5
  • Protectors -5
  • Retributors -25
  • Chariot +5
  • Hunters -15
  • Palladors -15
  • Raptors with Xbows -30
  • Xandire -35
  • Vortex -20
  • Dais Arcanum -10
  • Ballista -10
  • Liberators +5
  • Sequitors -25
  • Averon -20
  • Prime +5
  • Gardus +20
  • Gavriel -10
  • Knight Arcanum -25
  • Heraldor -5
  • Incantor -5
  • Judicator with Gryphhounds -5
  • Questor -20
  • Venator -35
  • Vexillor Apotheosis -20
  • Zephyros -20
  • Lord Aquilor -30
  • Lord Arcanum -15
  • Arcanum on Dracoline -20
  • Arcanum on Gryphcharger -25
  • Arcanum on Tauralon -35
  • Castellant +5
  • Celestant on Dracoth -25
  • Exorcist -20
  • Imperatant -5
  • Ordinator -20
  • Relictor +5
  • Veritant -15
  • Vandus -15
  • Drakesworn Templar -55

"I am once again asking for your financial support*"

*in the form of beasts of chaos points leaks please.

6 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

They say 2023 is an Age of Sigmar year, and yes, that is warranted, but how much can we really expect in the year of 40k 10th edition?

I think I'll have to get me some skinkies to use as kobolds, that works fine with these, but they'll probably grow in the redesign.

Cities has to be this year, right? That will be at least one big model drop.

Maybe we can even be hopeful for something we are not expecting. Like OBR wave two or a new destruction faction or something. 

• Like 2