The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Change the base and it's an Age of Sigmar model. 16T0n65cHMHRIYrl.jpg.adc7e4e576c5344ee7569256786e1235.jpg

And deny that obvious Realm of Metal Dawncrusade commander his victory over that Chamonian Cog Gargant as he rears up upon his mechanical steed either from the Ironweld or a natural cyborg Chamonian beast he tamed?

I think not! The mecha base stays! xD 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Talas said:

Rob from TheHonestWargamer just mentioned some rumors about the next GHB: heroes below 9 wounds would be untargetable near other units. He said the source was Twitter, does anyone know more about it?

I guess this would make some of the cheaper on foot heroes a bit more interesting.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:21 PM, KingBrodd said:

Lets bit forget these amazing Warband reveals!! @MitGas @Twisted Firaun @GenericEdgyName @DinoJon Im sure you guys are exhilerated!!

20221030_181913.jpg

There's a mistake here--the below blowpipe skink from the teaser is missing, yet it does show up in the full reveal article. So we're getting 5 melee and 5 ranged chameleons... looks like GW miiiiight be using Warcry to help proxy/replace old units!!

warhammer rumour

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Its utterly beautiful. It reminds me of the old world Tyrion

For a split second, I thought it WAS a new Tyrion. I agree that it's a very nice mini, but when an imperial guard mini reminds us of a High Elf hero... I think they missed the mark

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Talas said:

Rob from TheHonestWargamer just mentioned some rumors about the next GHB: heroes below 9 wounds would be untargetable near other units. He said the source was Twitter, does anyone know more about it?

Hopefully.

AOS's shooting rules have been consistently bad throughout its entire lifespan so far and having a more 40k Look Out Sir rule would at least be a marginal improvement for them.

47 minutes ago, Red Bull said:

For a split second, I thought it WAS a new Tyrion. I agree that it's a very nice mini, but when an imperial guard mini reminds us of a High Elf hero... I think they missed the mark

He is weirdly static for this typical mounted lord-general trope… and it has to be on purpose as GW knows very well how to this stuff. Maybe he’s supposed to look tired.

89D41C8F-B978-4E9B-B4F7-4EEEE2B7F24E.jpeg

D5132FD0-63E3-4FFA-A99A-2DCED2D59314.jpeg

73A2951E-D658-4218-90F3-5958BBB5C18A.jpeg

The new slaves are indeed great minis for the most part, with a couple of them being quite sexy! I wish their cloaks and boots weren't full of holes though, it's so unsophisticated. The Tzeentch warband looks like something out of Elden Ring (which is pretty cool). I actually like the Cyper Lords better though, although all I really care about for my own collection are Tzeentch "Chosen" and maybe a few of the missing heroes. 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Anyone else notice that the multipart Chaos warriors are sporting a different armor color scheme from the other recent chaos releases? I like it. Back to the more classic metallic.

Yeah, I did notice that. I wonder if there's some sort of way they're going with it, like more metallic armor for Be'lakor's StD, with the black armor for Archaon's? Not sure that's quite how it's working out, will need to check out the battletome with the army set first.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Yeah, I did notice that. I wonder if there's some sort of way they're going with it, like more metallic armor for Be'lakor's StD, with the black armor for Archaon's? Not sure that's quite how it's working out, will need to check out the battletome with the army set first.

Thats what they mention in the description of Eternus. He is a former Varanguard who stripped his armour back to the metal when he switched over to support Belakor

6 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

How is that not a freeguild general? 

I love steampunk a lot, but I do really think they need to be a bit more careful not to mix up the design language of their settings. AoS and 40K sure are meeting in the middle a lot recently, and I think that's to the detriment of both styles.

I wonder if it's a generational thing, but my first thought upon seeing the photo was Lord Solar, and as Warcom load I considered it might be a freeguild or something new.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

I wonder if it's a generational thing, but my first thought upon seeing the photo was Lord Solar, and as Warcom load I considered it might be a freeguild or something new.

I also thought Freeguild when I saw him, and to @Red Bull's point, my second thought was that he'd make a good conversion for a Vanari Lord Regent.

12 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

How is that not a freeguild general? 

I love steampunk a lot, but I do really think they need to be a bit more careful not to mix up the design language of their settings. AoS and 40K sure are meeting in the middle a lot recently, and I think that's to the detriment of both styles.

Imagine if the Freeguild refresh dropped and suddenly there were no more horses in that faction, just guns and tanks. Finally, AoS will take its rightful place as the popular scifi game!