The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Kind of looks like Malekith's mask? Albeit not exactly.

I'd laugh my rear off if it turned out to be another DoK warband though.

3rd Wave of Shadowstalkers confirmed!!

14 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Something tells me we're going to have a rumor engines resolution in not too long...

2022-04-19.jpg2022-08-30.jpg2022-10-04.jpg

And maybe that too (with this intriguing spiked-skull) :

2022-04-12.jpg2022-06-07.jpg

Excellent spot mate!! Might very well be!!

The armoured feet on the stone statue head and spiked glove gripping sword are very Slaaneshi - though no gaurantee it will be. 

They look similar in design to the following pictures. GW do have a tendency to keep designs pure, and while Slaanesh does share some similaries with Dark Eldar, if this is AoS then I think I really only fully fits Slaanesh. 

Basically, Slaanesh likes spiked long gloves and standing on statues.

Screenshot_20221021_134455.jpg

Screenshot_20221021_134552.jpg

Screenshot_20221021_134616.jpg

Screenshot_20221021_134722.jpg

• Like 9

My money’s on Slaanesh Hedonites.

3 reasons:

1. We don’t have a Malerion tome for a Ulgurothi legion warband to go into.(no soup kitchen here!)

2. We still need some story beats on what happened to the Hedonites forces that were repelled from besieging Excelsis in Broken Realms.

3. Hedonites have a right to their icon looking like Malerion’s old mask since the new twin slaanesh gods are his siblings via Slaanesh using Morathi-Khaine’s essence in the birthing process.

IMG_0716.png

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 12:24 AM, Gitzdee said:

Please share this goodness.

It's a reference that during the era of the beast, Bad Moon arises and Moonclan Grots and Spiderfang attack Syar, but are joined by raider clans of Gitmob from the plains of Hysh.  The rampage of the greenskins effectively forces them to unearth and use weapons and magic from the Ocari Dara.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

3 reasons:

1. We don’t have a Malerion tome for a Ulgurothi legion warband to go into.(no soup kitchen here!)

2. We still need some story beats on what happened to the Hedonites forces that were repelled from besieging Excelsis in Broken Realms.

3. Hedonites have a right to their icon looking like Malerion’s old mask since the new twin slaanesh gods are his siblings via Slaanesh using Morathi-Khaine’s essence in the birthing process.

IMG_0716.png

I'm sorry what? How did I miss that bit of lore?

Side question: Did they ever confirm what happened with Aenarions soul after broken realms?

Does anyone remember what order the Lumineth got their Underworlds warband? Was it after the first book or at basically the same time?

10 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

3 reasons:

IMG_0716.png

Shouldn't Dexcessa & Synessa be some weird kind of aunts instead of siblings?

If my memory is correct the Lumineth warband appeared after their first tome, but the Bladelord in that unit was the first model of that type we had seen at the time (So potentially they actually dropped in between the initial Lumineth box and the actual battletome release?)  

Spiky skull mask could be a third DoK warband, but as a DoK player it's hard to see where they could go with it that isn't covered by the other two bands unless it's a new Khainite element entirely, the only existing DoK models that don't exist in Underworlds are harpies, melee snakes, warlock cavalry, and heroes/big stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pariah7echo said:

Side question: Did they ever confirm what happened with Aenarions soul after broken realms?

The new DoK tome confirmed Morathi-Khaine actually was able to eat his soul. ‘Tis a pity, was hoping he’d get the Eltharion treatment but under Malerion as a shadow suit of living armor.

5 minutes ago, Pariah7echo said:

Does anyone remember what order the Lumineth got their Underworlds warband? Was it after the first book or at basically the same time?

I remember it as afterwards. The first tome didn’t have them listed.

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Shouldn't Dexcessa & Synessa be some weird kind of aunts instead of siblings?

It was one god swimming around the stomach of another god who proceeded to birth it’s self as new heralds.

I think genealogy ran screaming out the window here. xD 

4 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Spiky skull mask could be a third DoK warband, but as a DoK player it's hard to see where they could go with it that isn't covered by the other two bands unless it's a new Khainite element entirely, the only existing DoK models that don't exist in Underworlds are harpies, melee snakes, warlock cavalry, and heroes/big stuff.

Yeah, I think it’s just too soon in general.

The Khinerai would be cool though as a all flyers warband since Gnarlwood does have notable dangerous avians that live in the tree tops to swoop down and strike at weakened prey. It’d fit well but not getting my hopes up.

• Haha 1

Hyped for the gloomspite one!

I thought the second was sylvaneth, although maybe it’s not organic enough, and I don’t know too much about sylvaneth… heraldry? But the eyes, mouth, horns…

B3FA3D77-4DE3-4232-86A0-B0876DEB3888.jpeg

Edited by Bog_Goblin
Also, it’s set in the Gnarlwood!
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bog_Goblin said:

I thought the second was sylvaneth, although maybe it’s not organic enough, and I don’t know too much about sylvaneth… heraldry? But the eyes, mouth, horns…

Nah, it’s not anything like sylvaneth iconography. Too dark and too even/consistent, like a metal mask rather than organic horns. 

5 minutes ago, Bog_Goblin said:

Honestly I thought the same thing, and the fact there hasn’t been a sylvaneth tie in to the gnarlwood is criminal, but I also have a hard time believing they’ll get something after the update wave they fit thisnsummer

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Appreciate the enthusiasm but no please. Keep the pony folks out of destro. I dont think BoC need another slap in the face. 

little OT: Sure, because the entire destruction faction is only imaginable as obese humanoids and greenskinz 😂
If so, there shouldn't be chaos dwarves either. Jokes apart, it bothers me enough that order is the faction with more variety of conceptually unusual monsters and creatures, than chaos and destro. And for a reason similar to this the death alliance has never attracted me: a modeling theme unfortunately necessarily restrictive (only ossiarch have something original to say imho).

Anyway, I'm hating the way GW is handling the AoS release roadmap: beyond the years old armies with copy/paste tomes accompanied by a single new model, I find it odd that it doesn't have priority over 40k (which probably will bomb a lot next year with the 10th edition).

• Like 1

Edit:(response to Sylvaneth theory)

I imagine that’s why the Sylvaneth and Kharadron warbands weren’t touched in the rotation as they didn’t have anything planned to replace them.

(good news for Fyreslayers tho! There’s a Slayer’s Cliff city on the map and they commonly hire out their services as guides through the Gnarlwoods, burning any meat tree that gets too close. The time for ur-gold hunting & blazing glory is nigh!)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Edit:(response to Sylvaneth theory)

I imagine that’s why the Sylvaneth and Kharadron warbands weren’t touched in the rotation as they didn’t have anything planned to replace them.

(good news for Fyreslayers tho! There’s a Slayer’s Cliff city on the map and they commonly hire out their services as guides through the Gnarlwoods, burning any meat tree that gets too close. The time for ur-gold hunting & blazing glory is nigh!)

Another Fyreslayer Underworlds Band is acceptable, but a Fyreslayer Warcry band...ohhhhhh yes.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Just in time for Xmas! Hype! 

Cant wait to see what subfaction it will be. My guess is a new Madcap Shaman.

Zarbag from the first gitz warband was a madcap shaman.

Could be spiderfang or squig themed? Maybe with a new "skarsnik" or on foot webspinner shaman.

As much as I want the icon to be Malerion, someone on Reddit pointed out it also looks like Belakor's head. As much as they seem to be pushing his subfaction with the new tome that would make way more sense.

50 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

The new DoK tome confirmed Morathi-Khaine actually was able to eat his soul. ‘Tis a pity, was hoping he’d get the Eltharion treatment but under Malerion as a shadow suit of living armor.

This also makes me sad Was hoping he'd make it out and be something. Like anything. Would have loved to recreate the classic art of him fighting N'Kari.

I still feel like having some Slaaneshi influence on Malerion's Aelves would make a lot of sense. From the taint of Slaanesh on the souls of the aelves to Malerion's ambition and vanity being preyed upon due to his close proximity to the captive chaos god. I just think it would make sense for Slaanesh to have had some secret level of impact on the Aelves of Ulgu. I had actually hoped that the Hedonites would have been Malerion's Aelves with the shadow king thinking he was still fighting for order. But I prefer the idea of the Slaaneshi influences being more subtle and something that Malerion would oppose in any outright manner. 

With that in mind I still think that these rumour engines will be for Slaaneshi models not Ulgu Aelves. 

• Like 3