The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

The longer the Ogor book takes the more I feel we are waiting for Maneaters before the book drops. 🤞

Unfortunately I think we're just waiting because the schedule got jumbled up with the Lumineth delay. My theory is that we'll get Maneaters/Butcher in whatever Warcry warband shows up in the "Bloodhunt" box. But then again, I'm cynical enough to believe that GW would include them in a book while simultaneously removing them from production.

10 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Unfortunately I think we're just waiting because the schedule got jumbled up with the Lumineth delay. My theory is that we'll get Maneaters/Butcher in whatever Warcry warband shows up in the "Bloodhunt" box. But then again, I'm cynical enough to believe that GW would include them in a book while simultaneously removing them from production.

That not unheard of since they been sort of doing that with 40K with those random Drukhari units that you forget exist. But I would feel they getting rid of maneater with out also the Gorger, Yetis, and other random resin hero seems a bit targeted

then again I have a feeling none of the war cry box look to have Ogors in it since Bloodhunt seem to be hinting it’s Khorne vs FEC/ Soulblight

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Why is everyone so confident Maneaters are on the way? Did I miss something? 

I think because the "current" Man-eaters disappeared from the webstore a while ago but the Tome contents list previewed on WarCom shows the new tome will still have them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Definitely feel that OBR will get at least a new archer unit, because of the teaser from Underworlds. Note that the Vanari Bladelords were also teased with an Underworlds model.

YyLZz5Om8cqsbaBa.jpg

I'm sure this is the plan and it even makes sense lorewise, but I do like OBR not having any ranged aside from siege and magic. There is also the missed opportunity for crossbonemen XD

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

FEC and Ossiarch getting new minis would be epic.

A solid FEC release (or some kind of SBGL second wave) might just bring me right back in. That said, a kind of Doom Slayer themed SCE army has started to brew in my mind. Rip and tear, until it is done.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

To this day i still dont understand why they removed the regular orcs and gitmob kits when they did.

Its still a part thats missing in the orruks tome imho. 

Especially since they've tried to reintroduce "common" Orcs back into them with the Kruleboyz... who just don't fit in with the rest of the army at all because they visually look like a completely different species entirely. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Over on war of sigmar, Hastings ( one of the most well known rumour sources) stated in the comments that old bretonnia, tomb king and orc kits have been taken back in production and are probably getting new paintjobs for ‘the old world’ rulebook… 

TK and Orcs i could see them reusing older kits, but Brettonia? That would be madness.

1 minute ago, Bosskelot said:

Especially since they've tried to reintroduce "common" Orcs back into them with the Kruleboyz... who just don't fit in with the rest of the army at all because they visually look like a completely different species entirely. 🤦‍♂️

And I for one absolutely am on board with their design from anatomy to their gear to their beasts of burden. 

Keep em coming, Geedubs!!!

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Over on war of sigmar, Hastings ( one of the most well known rumour sources) stated in the comments that old bretonnia, tomb king and orc kits have been taken back in production and are probably getting new paintjobs for ‘the old world’ rulebook… 

He also said don’t expect too much new plastic 

35 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

TK and Orcs i could see them reusing older kits, but Brettonia? That would be madness.

Right? Bretonnian Knights look bad next to Empire outriders which look bad next to Dawnriders. They are at least two generations out of date in terms of sculpts. 

I would not mind the opportunity to buy another War Sphinx or two, though.

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

A solid FEC release (or some kind of SBGL second wave) might just bring me right back in. That said, a kind of Doom Slayer themed SCE army has started to brew in my mind. Rip and tear, until it is done.

RIP AND TEAR!! Daemon slaying SCE sound absolutely amazing!!

SentimentalLikelyFowl-max-1mb.gif

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

I do like the Kruleboyz a lot but they are something completely different. Yes they look different compared to ironjawz and bonesplitterz but that doesnt bother me at all. It makes sense to have orruks in different sizes. I would actually like to see even more variation in orruks. I am half way done with building ardboys from the beastsnagga kit. Would also like to see some snotlings at some point to assist their big brothers. Edit: And please bring back the wyverns at some point.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So I just crunched the numbers on my Slaves to Darkness army... any chance that AOS will get an Apocalypse style game as I really don't know if I can justify adding any more to my army right now. 🤔

Guess I should actually build and paint my Stormcast one of these days.

I mean, stormcast really are just smooth chaos warriors

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Beliman said:

Any words about Old Chaos Dwarfs?

That would be great, but no, not mentioned. The problem there is that Legion  Azgorh are an entire army of pricy forge world resin. The old Chaos dwarves were 90s metal, older than even the skaven.

My bet is that we will see AoS chaos dwarfs, and when we do half the range will work for old world as with Lumineth, Soulblight, gloomspite etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

So, it's Sunday - what are you predictions for the preview article?

Mawtribes tome? Revealed but unreleased Squats?

I think it could be a big weekend. Ogor Mawtribes Tome, Gnarlwoods Underworld boxed set and Unreleased Squats alongside something from Necromunda or another boxed game.

Mentions of a Warcry Reveal during the week as well, the other Warband or at least a few minis from it.

• Like 1