The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Seraphon will get more than a hero. Didn’t specify outside of rescuplts. I’d imagine Kroxigor and/or salamanders

kroxis and salamanders.... i really hope u are right since those are the most nedded resculp. yes saurus are old but at least in plastic.

a release box with nakai hero! coupled with 2 kroxi units and salamander... i would kill for it lol

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Jetlife said:

My usual source has hinted that 2023 will be a big year for AOS. Not to expect a new army until later in the year, but expect the remaining Battletomes to get flushed out with some getting new hero and other getting a few units similar to Sylvaneth. 

Seraphon will get more than a hero. Didn’t specify outside of rescuplts. I’d imagine Kroxigor and/or salamanders.

OBR and Soulblight will both be getting new units not just a hero, sometime next year. 

Khorne is getting a much needed hero rescuplt….I’ll assume Valkia whenever they drop that Battletome. 

The perceived plan is to flesh out the rest of the armies and get everything up to date for 3.0. Then expand into other armies.  Similar to what 40k has been doing this year. 

How accurate has your source been in the past? I'm super hopeful for Seraphon getting some redone kits. 

kroxis and salamanders.... i really hope u are right since those are the most nedded resculp. yes saurus are old but at least in plastic.

a release box with nakai hero! coupled with 2 kroxi units and salamander... i would kill for it lol

If we got Total War Kroxigors with a Nakai hero to unlock them as battleline I would be in lizard heaven. 

Edited by DinoJon
adding to post so I didnt have to make another one.
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

The next three tome are rumor to be LRL, Tzeentch, and Sons. The last destruction tome is been up in the air

also if a new edition of 40K is release next year, those year have been traditionally also been a big lull in AoS for about the latter half of the year.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Enoby said:

Did 40k stop doing alt art LE covers just now, or has this been the case for a while?

Shame if so, I was hoping the practise would move towards AOS.

They have done a few proper LE covers. Like the Black Templars codex had some brilliant retro Blanche artwork on the cover. Most though have simply had the banner text removed. So it seems to be a case of depends on the army.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Freypal said:

They have done a few proper LE covers. Like the Black Templars codex had some brilliant retro Blanche artwork on the cover. Most though have simply had the banner text removed. So it seems to be a case of depends on the army.

The alt art ones these days tend to be if there’s an army box, like Black Templars, Sisters of Battle, Beastsnaggas. This isn’t consistent though (of course), some like the Lumineth and Chaos Knight ones have the same art as the normal book but with the text removed. 

12 hours ago, Jetlife said:

My usual source has hinted that 2023 will be a big year for AOS. Not to expect a new army until later in the year, but expect the remaining Battletomes to get flushed out with some getting new hero and other getting a few units similar to Sylvaneth. 

Seraphon will get more than a hero. Didn’t specify outside of rescuplts. I’d imagine Kroxigor and/or salamanders.

OBR and Soulblight will both be getting new units not just a hero, sometime next year. 

Khorne is getting a much needed hero rescuplt….I’ll assume Valkia whenever they drop that Battletome. 

The perceived plan is to flesh out the rest of the armies and get everything up to date for 3.0. Then expand into other armies.  Similar to what 40k has been doing this year. 

Sounds cool. Hope that duardins will get something eventually in 4th edition.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

Sounds cool. Hope that duardins will get something eventually in 4th edition.

I kinda think they will still get something this edition. They set up the return of Grungni in Broken Realms and are teasing Chaos Dwarves with the Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut. I would be surprised if the whole edition passes and nothing dwarf-related happens.

• Like 1

My money’s on Kharadron since they got a white dwarf that can turn into a StD battletome situation too and would be way too easy to cross promote Votann with more flying sci-fi duardin and some robots of their own like the cogmunculus.

They turned away Grungni as they don’t personally see a reason to need a glorified spirit(as what they see him as) when progress has always worked but there was mention of working closer with the Lumineth to solve the current Realms problems so besides the unused lore stuff like the aether mine-layer ships, shield ships, Red Marines, steam bi-planes and the like there’s possible light magic zephyr boosted stuff they could throw out for quicker response crafts to all the emergencies around their aerial empire(if the light magi-tech stuff looks compatible with the streamlined 40k mech stuff all the better for kitbashing)

• LOVE IT! 2

35 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

My money’s on Kharadron since they got a white dwarf that can turn into a StD battletome situation too and would be way too easy to cross promote Votann with more flying sci-fi duardin and some robots of their own like the cogmunculus.

They turned away Grungni as they don’t personally see a reason to need a glorified spirit(as what they see him as) when progress has always worked but there was mention of working closer with the Lumineth to solve the current Realms problems so besides the unused lore stuff like the aether mine-layer ships, shield ships, Red Marines, steam bi-planes and the like there’s possible light magic zephyr boosted stuff they could throw out for quicker response crafts to all the emergencies around their aerial empire(if the light magi-tech stuff looks compatible with the streamlined 40k mech stuff all the better for kitbashing)

You had me at Steam Bi-planes. Sweet Behemat Id love to see more vehicles for KO and another troop choice or two. If Fyreslayers didnt get a proper update you cant leave the only other Duardin Faction in the Aethermatic winds!!

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I legitimately had a dream yesterday that GW posted a video confirming upcoming AoS releases and one of them was a big Seraphon release. Turns out it might've been a vision from the Old Ones, seeing how it might turn out to be true

Please grant thy more visions Old Ones, what illusions can you send them of Destruction...

8 hours ago, DinoJon said:

How accurate has your source been in the past? I'm super hopeful for Seraphon getting some redone kits. 

If we got Total War Kroxigors with a Nakai hero to unlock them as battleline I would be in lizard heaven. 

Aww mate I would be so hyped for you!! Kroxigors are what got me into Lizardmen in WHFB, Id love to see a monster of a lizard done with todays tech and AOS twist!!

8 hours ago, novakai said:

The next three tome are rumor to be LRL, Tzeentch, and Sons. The last destruction tome is been up in the air

also if a new edition of 40K is release next year, those year have been traditionally also been a big lull in AoS for about the latter half of the year.

Hopefully Jan-June is chock-a-block AOS then!! We cant have 2 slow years.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skjold said:

They still have Grombrindal to release at some point, hopefully he comes along with some kind of dispossessed/updated aos old school dwarf models

There hasn’t been hide or beard hair mentioned/seen of him in any recent updates since Broken Realms(well before even that since that was Grungni in disguise)

I think it’s likely his next appearance will be another wacky White Dwarf anniversary model and won’t be significant for some time yet.(I’d imagine Dispossessed updates happen with Dawncrusaders. I’m betting Ironweld units since that seems their go-to for work in the building, mining and artillery defense of the free cities)

Edited by Baron Klatz

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I kinda think they will still get something this edition. They set up the return of Grungni in Broken Realms and are teasing Chaos Dwarves with the Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut. I would be surprised if the whole edition passes and nothing dwarf-related happens.

I believe that Chaos Dwarves will show up at the end of edition and this would lead to Khazalid empire release. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EntMan said:

I love the lore so far. (Wondering where the Grimdark is going to come from though, but they're fine without grimdark)

Yes I could live without the grim dark turned up to the max..but love the looks of these! so happy to see them with such cool weapons and loving the heads -looks to be a packed kit with lots of variety! I think there will be lots of scope to kitbash across with KO- Kin bare heads for KO and KO helmets for Kin at the least. 

I'd love some new KO models [or Grungni's repossessed!]. 

1 hour ago, Skjold said:

They still have Grombrindal to release at some point, hopefully he comes along with some kind of dispossessed/updated aos old school dwarf models

Yes I'd love a new proper, serious Grombrindal model! They might do a Kin White Dwarf though as a Christmas model [or perhaps Bugman's future Kin?]

18 hours ago, Beliman said:

Concussion Gauntlets and Plasma Axes!!! Ironkin, and female/male hearthkyn!!! Can't wait to see more!!!

To be honest Votan are nowhere close to KO in terms of original design. I don't even like them despite having like 3k points of KO. Hope AoS won't go that way. I mean most of them look so common it as well could be any other army. When you look at KO you know at first glance that they are dwarfs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

To be honest Votan are nowhere close to KO in terms of original design. I don't even like them despite having like 3k points of KO. Hope AoS won't go that way. I mean most of them look so common it as well could be any other army. When you look at KO you know at first glance that they are dwarfs.

That's the same feeling that I have with everything else that is not a KO. Votann are really good, but as anything else, they are not as good as KO.