The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

Bounty Hunters is a super easy fix, just make it only work on stuff taken in the counts-as-3 bat. Then it admittedly does become a true game of battalion chicken, but that's ok because you have to opt into it to play it. If you want GV that aren't super vulnerable you can have that, if you want to go for broke with the counts-as-3 thing and chance it on whether someone picks the counter batallion, you can risk it for the biscuit. But you're not shut out of taking the whole infantry thing seriously because in fact for some bizarre reason veteran units are far squishier than non-veteran ones. 

Maybe play a game with it before suggesting fixes?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

The lists to beat are going to be ones that can complete 5 BTs without needing any GV to do it, IMO. Especially lists that can start with no or limited GV but bring them in later if needed. E.g. a certain kind of BoC list that takes say Dragon Ogors and Enlightened on Discs, neither of which are GV, but that can bring in GV as needed using the summoning engine depending on the mission and the matchup. Nurgle Oops All Flies lists are another example I guess, though the summoning potential in that list is much less and plaguebearers aren't nearly as attractive a GV to bring in as a summon as a lot of the BoC stuff. 

Battle tactics will most likely require GVs from your starting army to be completed

7 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

The lists to beat are going to be ones that can complete 5 BTs without needing any GV to do it, IMO. Especially lists that can start with no or limited GV but bring them in later if needed. E.g. a certain kind of BoC list that takes say Dragon Ogors and Enlightened on Discs, neither of which are GV, but that can bring in GV as needed using the summoning engine depending on the mission and the matchup. Nurgle Oops All Flies lists are another example I guess, though the summoning potential in that list is much less and plaguebearers aren't nearly as attractive a GV to bring in as a summon as a lot of the BoC stuff. 

34 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Yeah but is it just "GV unit" or "GV unit from your starting army"?

I'm pretty sure summoned units can never be GV, since only Battleline units can be GV and summoned units don't have battleline roles.

• Like 1

Anyone else really excited about the new Endless Spell rules?  Lots of changes and some looking really good now.  As someone who plays a few armies with good casters but poor lorea, this is great news.

I think Jaws in particular is a massive improvement for only 5 points more.  No foot heros will be safe from it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm pretty sure summoned units can never be GV, since only Battleline units can be GV and summoned units don't have battleline roles.

honestly not sure this is true for 3.0, I think I remember it being an FAQ for 2.0 but it hasn't been transferred to 3.0 (hence the need for the limitation "from your / your opponent starting army" in present battle tactics).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

honestly not sure this is true for 3.0, I think I remember it being an FAQ for 2.0 but it hasn't been transferred to 3.0 (hence the need for the limitation "from your / your opponent starting army" in present battle tactics).

Seems like you're right! I can't find any reference to the rule anymore in any of the faqs or the core rules. So I guess summoned stuff can be battleline again. Honestly, it makes more sense that way anyway.

• Like 1

The Demonstration of Strength grand strategy does specify 'Galletian Veterans from your starting army', so it does seem likely that summoned units can count as GV.

Interestingly the Show of Dominance grand strategy does not specify that they have to be from your starting army.

Another ghb, another battleplan which turns off reserves for no good damn reason.

If after 6 years you still think this is a test of “good generalship”, then ask why there isn’t a battleplan to turn off ward saves, summoning, magic, reviving models, faction terrain, blood rites/high tide, shooting or melee.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean you just be as bored and uncaring as the last release lol

Uncaring? Not at all I love when new Tomes and Minis come out, especially for their fans. I love seeing the Lore that accompanies them. Not to mention that there are 2 Destruction Tomes coming and seeing as I collext 3/4 of the Factions and the only one I dont collect is already released it means Im getting new Lore books soon.

Not mention Warcry, I love terrain pieces and seeing as its Ghur we are no doubt getting a Destruction Warband.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dingding123 said:

Q: Is a unit a GV if it could possibly be a legal battleline in a subfaction for your army, or merely if it is being brought as a battleline in yours?

Only if it's battleline in yours. So some units will be GV in certain armies but not in others. E.g. Hearthguard Berzerkers are not GV unless you take a Runefather general, in which case they are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Anyone else really excited about the new Endless Spell rules?  Lots of changes and some looking really good now.  As someone who plays a few armies with good casters but poor lorea, this is great news.

I think Jaws in particular is a massive improvement for only 5 points more.  No foot heros will be safe from it!

Yes! They look less complex and more interesting!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

So I am new to this game, but do the points changes seem tame across the board? Do a 5 or 10 point increase really change list building for 2000 point games? I really do not know!!

Like I always figure constant point changes allows GW to shake up the meta and try new things. Especially since they do this every 6 months and can always reverse the changes.

I come from Star Wars Legion and while the point changes were mostly tame they often looked at the least taken units and just buffed the ****** out of them for six months lol.

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 1