The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

The second half of 2020 had hardly anything for 40k apart from some Primaris and necron kits (most of which had already been released with the starter box in June), so all hope isn't lost for AoS next year ;)

Well because it was the height of the pandemic they had to slow down the necron and SM release, but there wasn’t much release for AoS either in 2020 with it being just LRL and Sons which where delayed there wasn’t anything big until 2021 with Slannesh.

2017 was the same too BTW

I came from the Star Wars mini games (Xwing, Legion, and Armada) and the pandemic hit them pretty bad as well. They still suffer from delays for half a year or longer. They went from having releases to every month to only twice a year. 

The shock my group had when stuff for Sigmar came out on time lol! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

I came from the Star Wars mini games (Xwing, Legion, and Armada) and the pandemic hit them pretty bad as well. They still suffer from delays for half a year or longer. They went from having releases to every month to only twice a year. 

The shock my group had when stuff for Sigmar came out on time lol! 

Legion has been waiting for a new release for like 8 months. Really sucks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Legion has been waiting for a new release for like 8 months. Really sucks.

May be for the best lol. AMG has a pretty ...................... impressive record so far. Armada was done pretty dirty lol. And everyone should take notes from what happened to Xwing as a guide on how to pretty much  destroy a fanbase in a week.

Jumping to GW has been night and day...........................Also helps that I got into LRL first and they are getting some new stuff again so soon lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RyantheFett said:

May be for the best lol. AMG has a pretty ...................... impressive record so far. Armada was done pretty dirty lol. And everyone should take notes from what happened to Xwing as a guide on how to pretty much  destroy a fanbase in a week.

Jumping to GW has been night and day...........................Also helps that I got into LRL first and they are getting some new stuff again so soon lol. 

Yeah, I still think it's pretty amazing GW are still pumping out new stuff on a weekly bases and has done almost thoughtout the pandemic and now in the aftermath of it. 

What's coming out may not be to everyone's taste but its still impressive. 

• Like 4

Cursed city expansions with existing models??  I suppose that would work. I was really hoping for something similar to the Escalation expansion they did for Blackstone Fortress. I really am curious what the next major release after Slaves will be. There haven't really been any solid rumours and even Slaves were a surprise. I don't think anyone expected them to be next in line for a big update. 

Are we going to have to wait until Cities 2.0 for the next new faction or are we going to see Malerion or Chaos Duardin next year? 

It looks like this year we are getting  2 black library minis, 4 Underworlds warbands, 1 mini each for Sons, Gloomspite, Lumineth and Tzeentch, a new warcry starter and hopefully at least some of the new chaos minis. 

Time for them to start doing monthly Cities articles like they did for the sisters. That would be some solace at least . 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Whitefang said:

But it doesn't mention new models, does it?

This doesn't surprise me. Kritza and Annika both felt very much like they were meant for Cursed City, and of course Radukar the Beast is an obvious candidate for "you thought you'd killed the big bad? Think again!" Expansion. Possibly Belladama as well, though I could see her being a normal AoS release.

That said, it still seems a little short on miniatures compared to what Blackstone Fortress got, in particular a lack of new adventurers. I still hold out some how we'll get some eventually...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Buzzkill. 😜

Still think Annika, Kritza, and the daddy daughter duo were meant for that. 

I don’t think so, because the Cursed City models and all the Blackstone Fortress models (including the expansions) are push fit, and those aren’t. If they were meant for Cursed City, it was probably changed quite early on. 

• Like 3

No new figures would be fine by me, Shadows Over Hammerhal already showed how good the game can get with just reused models but a heavier focus on the adventure & delving into the city. 

Just do the Silver Tower hero packs that were a nice vary collection of heroes for a cheap bundle and add some cool lore why they’re exploring the Order/Death city that’s on the edge of the abyss and we’re golden.

image.jpeg.9f43e98080492abd3aacaf2c8d9f56a1.jpeg
image.jpeg.7fc1ea985ed180871eff4e3871f41684.jpeg

Great for painting projects and now can even be Anvil of Apotheosis bits or if they’re more narratively linked and Grand Alliance focused then allies for AoS proper(though proxying with a lore flair is also fun)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

No new figures would be fine by me, Shadows Over Hammerhal already showed how good the game can get with just reused models but a heavier focus on the adventure & delving into the city. 

Just do the Silver Tower hero packs that were a nice vary collection of heroes for a cheap bundle and add some cool lore why they’re exploring the Order/Death city that’s on the edge of the abyss and we’re golden.

image.jpeg.9f43e98080492abd3aacaf2c8d9f56a1.jpeg
image.jpeg.7fc1ea985ed180871eff4e3871f41684.jpeg

Great for painting projects and now can even be Anvil of Apotheosis bits or if they’re more narratively linked and Grand Alliance focused then allies for AoS proper(though proxying with a lore flair is also fun)

This is like an Underworlds set across factions, and I love the concept of appetizers for factions.

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

I don’t think so, because the Cursed City models and all the Blackstone Fortress models (including the expansions) are push fit, and those aren’t. If they were meant for Cursed City, it was probably changed quite early on. 

Ooh, good point. In which case is Whitefang basically saying the expansions (this year at least) will just be rules and/or cardboard rather than extra minis?

19 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Anyone else think that these two could be part of the same model?

unKmeKDrdUSbjhCv.jpg

owrD5GvIT6Q3GCwd.jpg

I genuinely think that this the sword and feet on the statue head are all from a new Dark (A)Elf/ Malerion army...however I feel like they are a preview in a side game such as warcry or underworlds.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I genuinely think that this the sword and feet on the statue head are all from a new Dark (A)Elf/ Malerion army...however I feel like they are a preview in a side game such as warcry or underworlds.

Warcry would be awesome to have new units outside of Chaos. Fingers still crossed for a Maneaters or Trogg Herd Warband!!

• LOVE IT! 1

It funny that they have Bastion cathalos ability to heal to full if they kill a model (probably less wound per model though makes it more fair)

Doing a whole army of these guys sounds like fun though

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Looks like that spiterider leak was nonsense. Here's the real info. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/08/quicker-than-a-flash-the-spiterider-lancers-strike-at-foes-before-they-can-react/

Still look pretty good though. 

Yea the spiterider leak couldn't have been farther off. These guys are more like plaguedrones rather than eels and I love it. Its a good thing because we can already take 6 eels as allies.

These guys are going to be spicy! Especially when their ASF synergizes with treelords ASL. Let the activation wars begin anew! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, novakai said:

It funny that they have Bastion cathalos ability to heal to full if they kill a model (probably less wound per model though makes it more fair)

Doing a whole army of these guys sounds like fun though

The article said 5 wounds apiece, which is nothing to sneeze at. The real question will be how good their save is. My guess is that between the beetle shell and the shield they'll have a 4+, which is quite respectable but would keep them from becoming egregious. 

5 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

The article said 5 wounds apiece, which is nothing to sneeze at. The real question will be how good their save is. My guess is that between the beetle shell and the shield they'll have a 4+, which is quite respectable but would keep them from becoming egregious. 

Does it matter what the save is if they are immune to shooting in woods and can teleport after fighting first? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

If anyone is interested, there is a half price sale on BL hardbacks today only at this shop 

https://www.imperialgames.co.uk/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=black+library (hb)

Ohh, nice selection. I’d recommend getting “The End of Enlightenment”. It’s a great story on it’s own but I really appreciate the part that showed the utter confusion between the Lumineth and Ossiarchs facing off for the first time.

It addresses the oddity of what it’s like in a setting where new armies can literally pop up out of nowhere and indeed, both sides were perplexed as hell at “strange Deathrattle” that  have bones of steel, multiple arms and switch fighting styles on the fly and horned glowy aelves armed with weapons that make you explode from the inside-out with sunlight and control gravity with flying rocks & mountains.

The aftermath of the start-up battle is both sides going to their areas of knowledge to find out what they even just fought! xD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

40 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Does it matter what the save is if they are immune to shooting in woods and can teleport after fighting first? 

That's true but don't forget strike and fade can only be done once per turn and the unit has to teleport to another wyldwood or overgrown terrain that is 3" away from enemy and be 9" away from all enemy.

So there are counters to it 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Even setting aside the limits of that ability, these guys aren't really great targets for it. They've got more stat points in durability than damage, really. They can do some work, mostly just on the back of that -2 rend but even if they're charging and teleporting away every turn I'm not sure they're earning their points back in that scenario.

• Like 5