The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Nowadays the BHR has diferent facets, and each clan venerates one. What if the form of creating new skaven varies depending on that clan? Moulder skaven being born from eggs. Verminous skaven evolving from rats chosen by BHR demons. Pestilens rats appearing at toxic wells. Eshin skaven are in fact dead skaven corpses being resurrected by ancient spirits again and again. 

that seems markedly less horrifying than the twisted-ant-queen iteration that exists in the current lore. 

3 hours ago, Garrac said:

Everything an author does with the tools given to them represents their views

No. Not even close. The idea that an author's work represents that authors views IRL is ridiculous and myopic. Authors write things to make a reader feel something. Not to replicate their worldview. If that were so, then every GW author would be a genocidal maniac. And that's just not the case. 

some authors might write something that is a replication of their worldview, some of the time. But trying to draw a 1:1 link between what a FICTION author creates in their art, and what they truly believe, is generally a fool's errand.

Depiction is not endorsement. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

No. Not even close. The idea that an author's work represents that authors views IRL is ridiculous and myopic. Authors write things to make a reader feel something. Not to replicate their worldview. If that were so, then every GW author would be a genocidal maniac. And that's just not the case. 

some authors might write something that is a replication of their worldview, some of the time. But trying to draw a 1:1 link between what a FICTION author creates in their art, and what they truly believe, is generally a fool's errand.

Depiction is not endorsement. 

Hence it's usually best to turn to the text itself and the historical and cultural context in which it was written to examine what ideas and themes are present and depicted as positive or negative. That way you can for example analyze JK Rowling's texts for what they are worth without having to take all the nonsense into account she tried to add to the texts retrospectively. 

Well I just had completely the opposite reaction to what I was expecting. Morathi's are disappointing because they are Morathi's and not Malerion's but those Skaven are utterly fantastic. They are already my favourite Skaven that gw have done. 

Give me a few kits is this quality with the summer battletome and I might have to start a new army. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Here we go...

PKJ9V5t4Z9Xh3mwr.jpg

Those Skaven are marvelous!!! It really show how good new sculpts for them can look like!

At the very least they can be the perfect proxy for a unit of gutter runners, they even come in the correct model count!

3 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

I think we can finally put all those “Malerion elves” rumors to rest. They are not coming, at least not for quite some time. And I doubt they will be separate army once they arrive.

There have never been any Malerion elves rumours, just people wish listing. 

Love both warbands, especially the Skaven. 

• Thanks 1

Man, I'm not sure how to feel about that. I feel real hype for eventual Malerion aelves/shadow demons, but this is almost 1:1 copy of the warcry shadowstalkers. I guess I don't need to buy them, but still. Speculation-wise I kinda feel like it's pointing to dark aelf soup which I'd like to avoid, but we'll see. Don't get me wrong, they're good looking, dynamic models, but it could be so much more.

The skaven on the other hand are better than anything I expected. Once they become available outside the box, I'm definitely picking them up. I really hope that the full skaven release indeed comes with many models of this quality.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

I think we can finally put all those “Malerion elves” rumors to rest. They are not coming, at least not for quite some time. And I doubt they will be separate army once they arrive.

People really need to set their expectations with rumor-mongers who keep making click back based on people’s wants like Malerion, Human warband starter or more infamously Chorfs based entirely on a reference line from hobgrots blown out of proportion.

But anyway yeah, these look amazing and I love the lore blurbs to the light of Hysh being the literal light at the tunnel to escape the daemons feeding off fear, plus the new game rules of “map” & “domain” parts allowing you to change the battlefield is really cool. :D 

(And yeah not expecting Malerion until 4th edition or further. That army needs a proper build up)

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

LETS GO!!

20220415_150209.jpg

LUCKY Son of a Behemat! :D 

Still waiting on my pre-order of the Limited Edition Thondia tome to get here.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1