The Rumour Thread

13 hours ago, novakai said:

Well plus the new edition of Horus Heresy maybe bigger and more extensive then people are aware of, so I can definitely see that game system taking most of the tail end of summer and some of Fall with it. especially if they are trying to replace most of the generic legion Forgeworld model (there a lot of them). It possible it going to become a full fledge game system that GW proper is going to fully support now.

I mean from the looks of things it certainly seems that way. We've got the launch box, followed apparently by smaller starters and then possibly a few more vehicle kits if the Last Chance to Buy is anything to go off of. Plus you could imagine seeing a few other infantry choices like Breachers and Destroyers making the jump to plastic too.

Hopefully that eating factory time is the main issue with AoS releases and they start to increase in pace once the Heresy releases

• Like 2

I wonder if the Incarnate is going to be the engine by which GW reworks and revitalizes endless spells. While a fun concept and an interesting idea, endless spells have never truly taken off - other than one or two especially useful ones. I'd love it if GW came at them from a different angle.

Not for nothing, but the Necroquake is what first spawned endless spells. Now that the Lifesurge has altered the equilibrium of the realms, you'd think purely magical things like said spells would be altered too. 

They've already said that the Incarnate is essentially an alpha predator consuming other spells. I feel like there's plenty of room for GW to pursue that theme and revitalize Endless Spells for the Era of the Beast.

Doesn't mean they will, but it sure would be cool.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I just wish the Incarnate (of Ghur) looked more like a beast, and not an undead beast, (save that for the Incarnate of Shyish).

Yeah I could've gone for a more monstrous looking fleshy beast myself. Still an amazing model but I get Shyish vibes more than Ghur myself.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

In gunna assume a large skull piece of Scenery. Oooor new beast!!

well put it this way, at first I thought ang about, what's the glottkin doing there, then I had a closer look.

It look like a humanoid with spines crowning its back.  I'm  leaning twards that more than scenery.

And if that's the case then it's a better incarnate of beasts than the piece of sticklebrick miss that they showed us.

Sorry but it's pants.  Forgeworld incarnates - not pants,   GW skull, and some bits of wire to thread the spine parts on to - pants.

• Like 1

I feel likey‘ve reused those Lumineth sculpts in a really good way for the new terrain… I‘d really like to own the temple and beast (that got the swirl from the fox-things)… I really hope they‘ll release those by themselves. Took them like 2 years to finally release the infernal master though, so i‘m not too optimistic. :(

Edited by MitGas
spelling
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Raviv said:

Corvus Belli (makers on Infinity) announced they are about to release a fantasy miniatures wargame - "warcrow".

I've not been on the hobby long enough to know whether such competition affects GW in any way, but we'll see.

It won’t have much of an effect on GW, if any. Corvus Belli makes great models and a really solid sci-fi game but they’re tiny compared to GW. 

17 minutes ago, Still-young said:

It won’t have much of an effect on GW, if any. Corvus Belli makes great models and a really solid sci-fi game but they’re tiny compared to GW. 

Everyone is tiny compared to GW though on the model making front right? The only real competition GW has is 3D printing and their response to that is constant price raising 

1 hour ago, Raviv said:

Corvus Belli (makers on Infinity) announced they are about to release a fantasy miniatures wargame - "warcrow".

I've not been on the hobby long enough to know whether such competition affects GW in any way, but we'll see.

I was trying to work out what "Warcrow" could possibly mean, when it dawned on me that "Corvus Belli" is Latin for "Crow of War". Still no idea what it refers to, but I guess it's a phrase they've been thinking about for quite a while.

7 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

I was trying to work out what "Warcrow" could possibly mean, when it dawned on me that "Corvus Belli" is Latin for "Crow of War". Still no idea what it refers to, but I guess it's a phrase they've been thinking about for quite a while.

They had an old fantasy line called Warcrow too. 

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Everyone is tiny compared to GW though on the model making front right? The only real competition GW has is 3D printing and their response to that is constant price raising 

3D printing is supremely niche and comes with its own long list of issues. 

It's fantastic but its not the golden egg some make it out to be. 

As for model competition my understanding is that within wargaming no one comes close to GW in terms of size and influence. Historical games aren't as big, but don't seem to directly compete (they don't even seem to market much either its a sort of enigma of its own that kind of survives on geeks turning 50 and suddenly wanting to do WW2 games and historical).

One model group that IS bigger is Gundam models and that whole market segment, but its a very Asian market and whilst its making more inroads into the west, its not a big thing. It's also a different market in that it focuses on collectors rather than on gamers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Overread said:

3D printing is supremely niche and comes with its own long list of issues. 

It's fantastic but its not the golden egg some make it out to be. 

As for model competition my understanding is that within wargaming no one comes close to GW in terms of size and influence. Historical games aren't as big, but don't seem to directly compete (they don't even seem to market much either its a sort of enigma of its own that kind of survives on geeks turning 50 and suddenly wanting to do WW2 games and historical).

One model group that IS bigger is Gundam models and that whole market segment, but its a very Asian market and whilst its making more inroads into the west, its not a big thing. It's also a different market in that it focuses on collectors rather than on gamers. 

Yeah i used to have a ton of Gundam models back in the day but those were more traditional model sets that you assemble and set up on display. Unless there is a Gundam table top wargame I dont know about...

1 hour ago, Overread said:

That or Tyranid Codex are the two hot items. AoS is more likely because GW generally break things up a little between the two main games so it would be more likely to get some AoS since its been 40K and Eldar recently. 

Hopefully we have a little AOS streak and Thondia and the Scenery goes up for Pre Order in the next few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.JPG.8aafc37a1274c94b11bd5ff6c9e73367.JPG

Interestingly, it looks like ethereal has stayed the same - not that this is necessarily bad, just not interactive with All Out Defence and Moment of Glory. But they may have their own command abilities and heroic actions to compensate.

6 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Losing Nagash's Bidding (reroll hits of 1) in gonna hurt the Spirit Torment and the Chainghast version now gives +1 hit rather than reroll 1's.

Ethereal works the same, hopefully something in the book will make us a little less easy to kill.

Every army can expect to lose rerolls of ones, that was a big thing in AoS 2.

+1 to hit/wound is the new hotness in AoS 3.