The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, Tijee said:

I've just received an email promoting a huge pack of Khorne models. Maybe GW trying to empty their stock before a new release?

https://www.games-workshop.com/fr-FR/the-goretide-2022

Isn't this like what they did with Nurgle a while ago? A hint that the summer Chaos Tome will be Khorne perhaps?

I'm still hoping for and expecting Skaven though.

Edit: there is also a Slaanesh bundle so obz this is not a hint to the Summer Chaos Tome. Unless we're getting Khorne/Slaanesh Soup 😂

Edited by EntMan

26 minutes ago, Tijee said:

I've just received an email promoting a huge pack of Khorne models. Maybe GW trying to empty their stock before a new release?

https://www.games-workshop.com/fr-FR/the-goretide-2022

I just did the maths on the UK prices. No savings on if you bought the SC (£50) Skull Crushers (£60) and Blood Warriors (£37.50) individually, but you do get a free art print if that's your thing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I just did the maths on the UK prices. No savings on if you bought the SC (£50) Skull Crushers (£60) and Blood Warriors (£37.50) individually, but you do get a free art print if that's your thing.

That is the standard for these sets. At least this one is compatible with itself, which wasn't always the case (some flavour of space marines had upgrade kits in it that wouldn't fit the models it came with).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So basically the same approach they took with the Sylvaneth bundle from a few weeks ago.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Isn't this like what they did with Nurgle a while ago? A hint that the summer Chaos Tome will be Khorne perhaps?

I'm still hoping for and expecting Skaven though.

Edit: there is also a Slaanesh bundle so obz this is not a hint to the Summer Chaos Tome. Unless we're getting Khorne/Slaanesh Soup 😂

I refer sir to the original Realm of Chaos Books for 3rd edition fantasy.

Vol 1 : Slaves to Darkness which was a Khorne and Slaanesh book,

Vol 2 : Lost and the Damned which was a Tzeentch and Nurgle book.

Loads of amazing content and lore explaining the hatred of these two factions with each other and how they and their champions saw the world and their place in it.  Amazeballs reading :)

Highlights: Khorne got 40k technology as chaos gifts and chaos dwarfs in their list. All of the awesome sir, all of the awesome.

• Haha 1

I struggle to understand who these bundles are supposed to be for. You need to be pretty plugged in to the AoS sphere to even hear about them, but if you are, you are probably knowledgable enough to know that they are not good deals. Bundles without a discount are a worse than buying models individually, not better. The art print you get with them is not worth committing to such a big miniature purchase unless you were already going to buy all the minis individually, anyway. And that seems like a really unlikely situation most of the time, in my opinion.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I struggle to understand who these bundles are supposed to be for. You need to be pretty plugged in to the AoS sphere to even hear about them, but if you are, you are probably knowledgable enough to know that they are not good deals. Bundles without a discount are a worse than buying models individually, not better. The art print you get with them is not worth committing to such a big miniature purchase unless you were already going to buy all the minis individually, anyway. And that seems like a really unlikely situation most of the time, in my opinion.

My guess is that some are tricked by the fact that it is a bundle and so it must be a good deal. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

My guess is that some are tricked by the fact that it is a bundle and so it must be a good deal. 

It is a pretty bad deal.

the last gloomspite gitz bundle, just had a picture for free.

add the cost of every other unit in the bundle, and you would have paid the same amount of money, as if you would just purchase everything seperate.

Now I’m not sure if this is the case wirh the newest bundles, haven’t had the chance yet to calculate the cost of the separate boxes.

8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Now I’m not sure if this is the case wirh the newest bundles, haven’t had the chance yet to calculate the cost of the separate boxes.

I maths'd the Khorne one with UK prices and the individual costs add up to the same as the bundle. You just get the free picture.

Edit: we'll have to see if the bundle prices go up with the general price rises in a few days time.

Edited by EntMan

49 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Highlights: Khorne got 40k technology as chaos gifts and chaos dwarfs in their list. All of the awesome sir, all of the awesome.

Was that back in the day when WHFB was still on a planet lost in a warp storm in the Eye of Terror?

Edited by EntMan

So, it seems that Tides of Death have 2 abilities for each turn. One of them is passive and the other needs an Isharan unit on the table. 

I don't understand why WC talks about "choosing a ritual", it seems that there is no choise. Maybe I'm missing something?

Edit: yep, I'm a ******. Only one ritual in the first turn. Thx @Kadetonand @Flippy

Edited by Beliman
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Beliman said:

So, it seems that Tides of Death have 2 abilities for each turn. One of them is passive and the other needs an Isharan unit on the table. 

I don't understand why WC talks about "choosing a ritual", it seems that there is no choise. Maybe I'm missing something?

Yep, you choose which ritual you're going to do at the start of the first turn - so basically which of your turns you'll get the Ritual ability. On the other turns, you just get the standard effect. If you've got a Tidecaster, you get to pick two Ritual turns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

There is a choice - at the start of the first battle round you apparently get to choose one ritual (or two, if you have a Tidecaster). So you can effectively choose one / two rounds in which the Tides of Death get power-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yes again other change to be hyped for the tome!! i was hoping for a propper ritual table like every army prayers.... and they got even worse, wo change 5 chances of doing a ritual for only 1 rutual in whole game, and the effect is minimun, it should be a gamechanging effect like orc waghs since it is only once per game.

and yes, of course they only showed the 2 effects who noone cares,since im sure cover in turn1 and atack first will dissapear.

i lost hope on tome when saw the index and didnt see anything new, no new pics, no new enclaves, no prayer or ritual page etc

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

They only seem to come through in promo emails too, seems like a blanket marketing gimmick?

This is from Bob, the guy at War of Sigmar when asked why does he think the Chaos Tome will be Khorne instead of glorious Skaven:

Good remark, from what i know, skavens are on the line with a few rejuvenated kits (not a lot but a few). Khorne should only have 2 new characters (valkia and a rider). I was told recently that 2022 will have very low number of kits for AOS ( no more than 10) . Considering they teased Valkia wings this week it probably mean that the chaos secret book is Khorne.

But maybe skaven will be this summer and Khorne in fall but i would be surprised

Summer or not, we may get Clan Eshin updated this year! 

Edited by Jator
Posting the link: https://www.warofsigmar.com/bloggings/6056
  • Like 3

I’ll be pretty excited if we get a Khorne release, my two main armies are both Khorne Bloodbound (Khorne mortals), and Hedonites of Slaanesh (also exclusively Mortal, aside from summoning). I’ve been meaning to shift my focus from painting/basing to more scenery building. If there’s a Khorne book coming along, would give me plenty of time this summer to build a a display table to have the God’s two rival mortal armies be pitted against one another. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 6

I'm shocked they kept the Tides (and even kept the exact same effects for T2 and T4), though I am 99% sure they will have changed High Tide. Ironically it's not even such a big deal any more in a meta where so many armies rely on ranged damage and games are decided so quickly that T3 now feels like the old T4, i.e. the late game, where bonuses are less important - now you pretty much have to reverse the tides to get it to be game-changing. But I'm still sure they'll change it, one thing GW is super reliable about is nerfing the hell out of whatever was a problem 1.5 years ago. 

Edited by yukishiro1