The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Give us Squirrel Swarms damn it GW!!

I agree, that scenic base is either Underworlds or a Warhammer+ exclusive model. Hopefully the former!!

Do you think the insect like leg will be for Sylvaneth?

I thought that leg was a Jabberslyth. 

I'm almost 100% that insect leg will be part of a Tyranid model, they have a codex coming up and that presumably means a single character model release at the very least.  It's missing the ridged detailing between the carapace segments which is normally present, but they sometimes don't include it on smaller, atrophied limbs as seen with the Gargoyles, Zoanthropes, and Rippers.  I would put my money on some sort of small/mid-sized winged gribbly beast, maybe something akin to the old Parasite of Mortrex character unit which never got an official model release.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I'm almost 100% that insect leg will be part of a Tyranid model, they have a codex coming up and that presumably means a single character model release at the very least.  It's missing the ridged detailing between the carapace segments which is normally present, but they sometimes don't include it on smaller, atrophied limbs as seen with the Gargoyles, Zoanthropes, and Rippers.  I would put my money on some sort of small/mid-sized winged gribbly beast, maybe something akin to the old Parasite of Mortrex character unit which never got an official model release.

Would so love the parasite of Mortrex. Always thought the way the parasite, old one eye , red terror etc all felt like they were fears and rumours more than a real different beast although all the in universe rumours of the red terror I'm sure manifested as the mawloc and trygon. 

The parasite was a great little concept, I played him in all 5th edition games with his chest bursting rippers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gailon said:

What seems weird about a potential Sylvaneth release is that the models all seem pretty great. They are really pretty and seem far from out of date. Compare that to other factions like Skaven or Seraphon (one of the most popular factions) which have ancient sculpts that look dated. It seems like an odd faction to get any updated models. 

it's weird until we remember that the Necroquake was stopped/ended by the Lifequake that happened in BR. And Alarielle got no book of her own in that campaign sooo I would bet money the Sylvaneth expansion is related to that Lifequake and Alarielle might start up the next campaign series

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

it's weird until we remember that the Necroquake was stopped/ended by the Lifequake that happened in BR. And Alarielle got no book of her own in that campaign sooo I would bet money the Sylvaneth expansion is related to that Lifequake and Alarielle might start up the next campaign series

Alarielles Lifequake has to come into play sooner than later, the Lifequake itself has given rise to the Era of the Beast and hopefully the crowning of the next World Titan!!

26 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Id assume Whitefang means Tyranids, they might act like bugs but they have always been modelled more on dinosaurs.

That's how I took it too. "Tyranids aren't very insectoid". I'd argue Tyranids are insect-like in everything but overt appearance (and I don't think the rumoured leg is too foreign to be a tyranid's T-Rex arm), but it's Whitefang we are talking about so them doubling down seems to extra-confirm it as Sylvaneth.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

That's how I took it too. "Tyranids aren't very insectoid". I'd argue Tyranids are insect-like in everything but overt appearance (and I don't think the rumoured leg is too foreign to be a tyranid's T-Rex arm), but it's Whitefang we are talking about so them doubling down seems to extra-confirm it as Sylvaneth.

I want and dont want it to be Sylvaneth. Only that I feel 2022 will be more of a single model and BT release and I want more for them and Skaven!!

Of course I could and hope to be wrong and that Sylvaneth and Skaven both get a refresh and update this year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I want and dont want it to be Sylvaneth. Only that I feel 2022 will be more of a single model and BT release and I want more for them and Skaven!!

Of course I could and hope to be wrong and that Sylvaneth and Skaven both get a refresh and update this year. 

But why though? I think Sylvaneth are awesome and a really cool army, but apart from more shooting or maybe cavalry I don' t feel they need that much. That Lady of the Vines from the lore would be nice I guess.

Rules on the other hand need some cleaning-up. Those are very scattered through tome, Broken Realms and FAQs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

But why though? I think Sylvaneth are awesome and a really cool army, but apart from more shooting or maybe cavalry I don' t feel they need that much. That Lady of the Vines from the lore would be nice I guess.

Rules on the other hand need some cleaning-up. Those are very scattered through tome, Broken Realms and FAQs.

Like you said mate shooting and Cavlary!! Let's seem some Sprites riding giant Stoats and Archer Dryads with 3 arms to keep constant fire!! 

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

I think the dryads could do with being redone. They’re relatively old now and aging a bit, and I don’t think they mesh fantastically with the newer tree sculpts. 

They do their job but I agree they could look eeeeeven better!! Much like Ogor Gluttons.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Eldar pre-orders next week. Nothing for AoS.

Looks like Fyreslayers/IDK will be fresh off the price hike then.

I think that AOS should get a risk set but if you take a realm gate you will get to invade a separate board 😁

If you thought risk took a long time before wait till you have to take all the realms.

6 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Or is it?🤔

UOtnSjl.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1