The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Chance they will toss out fyreslayers and Idoneth for pre order next week. We've had some eldar previews but they still haven't shown any craftworlds or Ynnari stuff. Or it's codex Aeldari and they do the rules previews for craftworlds and Ynnari this week?

I think this is our week. GW wouldn't throw out the Eldar codex immediately after Eldritch Omens unless 40K was desperately backed up, and honestly, it's not. They got through the GSC/Custodes/Tau backlog already and haven't even started previewing the next release (Tyranids) yet.

If it's not the battletomes this week it'll just be a slow week with assorted small stuff, like Tome of Champions Four Months Late or more Combat Patrol boxes or whatever.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Chance they will toss out fyreslayers and Idoneth for pre order next week. We've had some eldar previews but they still haven't shown any craftworlds or Ynnari stuff. Or it's codex Aeldari and they do the rules previews for craftworlds and Ynnari this week?

I'm foolishly hoping both will still get some model reveals. There's still one Fyreslayer-y rumour engine at least, and the cover art could still be placeholder since Idoneth and DoK did get new art.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Next week seems a good bet. I could also see next week being the Nighthaunt vs Daughters box.

There's A LOT of Eldar stuff to come out, probably too much for it to fill one-week and the 19th is the Black Library Celebration, so I doubt they'd want to split it across three weeks. Plus they'd presumably want the FOMO box to sit for a while and releasing kits separately within a week might take away from that.

If it's not next week then I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see it until March. It feels like we only had the announcement/roadmap due to the negative reaction of LVO, which may hint at it being much further out.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

18 hours ago, Enoby said:

I do hope, if it is a quiet year for AoS, we have a longer time until 4th edition. I know it's unlikely but 3e seems to have a lot of potential to make small improvements to.

I certainly wouldn't cry if GW extended the edition cycle.

Even if it doesn't happen this time, sooner or later they're going to hit a critical mass with their releases where they're either going to have to soup armies or extend the edition cycle if they want to update every army for each new edition.

GWs enthusiasm for designing and releasing new armies in AoS doesn't seem to be tapering off. Indeed, the fact that new releases are purported to draw in more customers and serve as a major boost in sales would suggest that they'll keep right on releasing new things for as long as they can.

Whether that means they'll extend the edition cycle, cook up some soup, or expand the rules-writing team to cover ground more quickly is anyone's guess.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I certainly wouldn't cry if GW extended the edition cycle.

Even if it doesn't happen this time, sooner or later they're going to hit a critical mass with their releases where they're either going to have to soup armies or extend the edition cycle if they want to update every army for each new edition.

GWs enthusiasm for designing and releasing new armies in AoS doesn't seem to be tapering off. Indeed, the fact that new releases are purported to draw in more customers and serve as a major boost in sales would suggest that they'll keep right on releasing new things for as long as they can.

Whether that means they'll extend the edition cycle, cook up some soup, or expand the rules-writing team to cover ground more quickly is anyone's guess.

If they intend to extend the edition cycle the "seasons" approach they've taken with 40k, as well as the quarterly balance updates would be a good way to ensure it's the kind of living ruleset that can stick around for awhile.

Granted the last 40k update was pretty anemic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I think Idoneth book and Warcry book will drop next weekend

Anyone else get the email with two random AOS bundles in it, that are actually more expensive than buying separately?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/glade-of-the-broken-vines-2022?utm_campaign=GW_5th_February_Eldritch_Omens_EN_NA_&utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_term=

SC = 90
Kurnothi = 58
Warsong = 55
artwork = ?
Total is 261 USD

Description says "This bundle also includes a free Battle of Ayadah art print" so... either they actually want 50 bucks for that art print, or they think we can't do math 🤔🙄

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Anyone else get the email with two random AOS bundles in it, that are actually more expensive than buying separately?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/glade-of-the-broken-vines-2022?utm_campaign=GW_5th_February_Eldritch_Omens_EN_NA_&utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_term=

SC = 90
Kurnothi = 58
Warsong = 55
artwork = ?
Total is 261 USD

Description says "This bundle also includes a free Battle of Ayadah art print" so... either they actually want 50 bucks for that art print, or they think we can't do math 🤔🙄

You get 2 lots of hunters

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

SC = 90
Kurnothi = 58
Warsong = 55
artwork = ?
Total is 261 USD

Yes, and after having seen it, I’m more inclined to buying a loonboss on mangler squig on it’s own, then this stuff.

I’m very sorry gw, but if your already adding a limit to this bundle.

either add in a discount were people will just barely consider buying it, or add something new

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

What do you mean!? One click bundles are just the best: No savings for the customer are THE BEST for GW.

tgat kinda sets the question, when the skryre acolyte only bundle, for double their cost will come out

just think about it.

40 skryre acolytes with a crappy picture of a old poisoned wind thrower, painted by duncan, all for the good price of 1600dollars.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jymmy said:

New battletome: Grand Alliance Disappointment

The Disappointed will get souped with the Dispossessed & the Kharadron Overlords.

Mark my words. 

Battletome: Dispossessed Overdisappointed, was the plan all along.

They no longer heed grudges, but nourish disappointments instead. Only through stories though, as they somehow lost all their stuff. Including books and ships. 
The latter were stolen by GW marketing, who now use them liberally on prints.

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

The Disappointed will get souped with the Dispossessed & the Kharadron Overlords.

Mark my words. 

Battletome: Dispossessed Overdisappointed, was the plan all along.

They no longer heed grudges, but nourish disappointments instead. Only through stories though, as they somehow lost all their stuff. Including books and ships. 
The latter were stolen by GW marketing, who now use them liberally on prints.

who needs a race that bears grudges when you have the players who stand by them to do it for you.