The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I don’t care much for Idoneth on the table *ducks as one pf those souless Aelf collectors throws a pointy shoe*. But they work so well in the artwork. I collector neither of these two and would have a print of that in my hallway, if my wife would let me 😂

11E554AC-C033-4D00-8FA6-5B3BCEF4C627.png

Agreed! The eels always look especially striking in the artwork, but the models just don’t do it for me. Give me bigger, chunkier eels with more dynamic poses and I’d be all over those! 

2 hours ago, Doko said:

They got as 10+ new units(kruelboy and bones). I wish my dwarfs would have got souped

Can you not invest in KO and dispossessed anyway?  Surely you find a way to play all three and soup them yourself against friends and club mates. I'm sure they'd love to see that on the tabletop

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doko said:

They got as 10+ new units(kruelboy and bones). I wish my dwarfs would have got souped

Ironjawz can’t use any of the Kruelboyz or Bonesplitterz in their army not even as allies into themselves. I don’t really count BIG WAAgh! For obvious reasons

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

It does indicate the diversity of Fyreslayer units.

I had one troubling thought: GW doesn't mind putting out multiple battletomes per edition for a faction, so soup could still be in.

On the other hand, perhaps GW has listened to worried Dwarf players that do not want soup, and they prioritized a Fyreslayer tome but didn't commision new art.

yeah but then why Nighthaunt get a reused cover as well. No one really thought they where getting merge to any other army

• Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, novakai said:

Ironjawz can’t use any of the Kruelboyz or Bonesplitterz in their army not even as allies into themselves. I don’t really count BIG WAAgh! For obvious reasons

yeah but then why Nighthaunt get a reused cover as well. No one really thought they where getting merge to any other army

It might be that the Crossboos or Sciptor Mortis is on the cover but this article was written weeks ago and they weren't exactly sure if this article was going to go up before or after LVO. Admittedly that's some fairly potent hopium.

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

It might be that the Crossboos or Sciptor Mortis is on the cover but this article was written weeks ago and they weren't exactly sure if this article was going to go up before or after LVO. Admittedly that's some fairly potent hopium.

Yeah I don't think they particularly worry about spoiling units on book covers. If I remember correctly they showed off the new slaanesh book a couple weeks before they showed glutos even though he's on there in the background. Who knows though.

4 hours ago, novakai said:

This is not meant to be snarky. I've just been away from AoS for many, many months as I play a boat load of Marvel Crisis Protocol and Ankh. So, it's not obvious to me...

Why complain that you can't do a thing that the book specifically lets you do? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

This is not meant to be snarky. I've just been away from AoS for many, many months as I play a boat load of Marvel Crisis Protocol and Ankh. So, it's not obvious to me...

Why complain that you can't do a thing that the book specifically lets you do? 

Because there a clear difference and divide between Ironjawz and Kruleboyz armies and not about the function of Big Waagh! But how Ironjawz have also been screwed by lack of new model in the seven year. They haven’t even gotten a foot hero which at least Fyreslayer case they have gotten 2 plus their terrain piece and prayers.

now I am not saying who really have suffer more here but it does show the problem with soup and model release in the warclans format

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, novakai said:

Maybe the second reason as well, they noticed a drop in Nighthaunt sales since 3rd edition, so made a battletome and added an infantry hero and shooting (not a monster or monster hero).

(I know it's wishful thinking GW considers its customers at all when writing battletomes, but one can hope).

Edited by zilberfrid

10 hours ago, novakai said:

I'm still thinking that it's a mistake. Kruleboyz, Ironjawz and Bonnesplitterz are written as their own factions (all of them have their own Allegiance Abilities and stuff) and not as a soup'd army book or subfaction.

Orruks are not soup'd. Let's be honest here, any other army with any Coalition units has more interactions and synergies with them than Ironjawz in a Kruleboyz army (mainly because you can't take them!).

All orruks should be coalition between them (appart from Big Waaagh).

Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Like 5

I dont think its fair to say that Ironjawz havent received any love. They are clearly a strong army/faction. They also have a few alternate sculpts in the 2 underworlds warbands and the 2 alternate sculpts for the megaboss on foot. The FAQs also have been pretty good towards Ironjawz. Everyone expected them to be nerfed very hard and it didnt really happen.

As a player of many greenskin armies i do think the synergy could have been a bit better but I wouldnt have liked it if Orruk Warclans would be the same as the Gloomspite Gitz book. So many units getting on each others turf and getting shelved.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Probably just wishful thinking, but what if the FS tome is using the old artwork as a placeholder as the new artwork depicts a yet to be revealed new model?

Its not really your fault, this thread is unmanageable at the best of times, but it is starting to feel like groundhog day for that particular wishful thinking :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Its not really your fault, this thread is unmanageable at the best of times, but it is starting to feel like groundhog day for that particular wishful thinking :D

Its GroundhogSkaven day!

Skavenday.jpg.45210621379dfa5c494aa996e00083b8.jpg

Lets talk about Silent People, Chorfs, Kurnothi and all kinds of delicious soup!

Edit: On a more serious note, nobody called Chorfs confirmed for the summer release yet XD?

Edited by Iksdee
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Lowki said:

just received the offer for paint bundles for Sylvaneth and Gitz...that is guess hinting on indeed the Chaos/Order BT to be those factions (and probably a Dual Box)

Can you go into a little more detail? Am I understanding this right that you are a pro painter and GW or some third party reached out to you to paint a presumably upcoming Sylvaneth and Gitz (or do you mean Skaven?) bundle?

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Can you go into a little more detail? Am I understanding this right that you are a pro painter and GW or some third party reached out to you to paint a presumably upcoming Sylvaneth and Gitz (or do you mean Skaven?) bundle?

Ah no, not at all, sorry for the confusion :)... it is just a mail from warhammer.com (which I guess most of us get) that shows an GW offer for paintbundles for these two factions and also (I missed that first time) two mini bundles for both factions.

Edit - Just realized, this might as well mean the rumour about Gitz vs Sylvaneth actually turns out to be based on these bundles ..we will see 

Edited by Lowki
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Its GroundhogSkaven day!

Skavenday.jpg.45210621379dfa5c494aa996e00083b8.jpg

Lets talk about Silent People, Chorfs, Kurnothi and all kinds of delicious soup!

Edit: On a more serious note, nobody called Chorfs confirmed for the summer release yet XD?

Silent people< skaven= Chittering ratman.

silent people+ warpstone drugs= less silent and more mutated people= rats= skaven

20 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Actually I just got an email from gw, announcing a bundle or battlebox, between the gitz and sylvaneth.605F70C1-EB85-4642-AF30-CFD97CA40F03.jpeg.aa4a291c98f24728dd2f02ecc3c41325.jpeg

I guess we will see more this evening.

Although I have no idea how this would be related towards the unknown chaos battle-tome coming this summer

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1