The Rumour Thread

Admittedly not an IDK player but I'm not sure that Thralls actually are as bad as their reputation would suggest. Fix the range issue and I think that's a solid unit that still probably wouldn't see a lot of high end competitive play but would be perfectly reasonable if you wanted to build a list around them.

• Like 2

Wait, I don't get it: isn't exploding 6s always better then reroll 1? Chances on 1 and 6 are equal, and the reroll only gives a chance at a hit, while the exploding 6 doubles it.  Unless another rule is incoming.. 

And, yeah, welcome back reroll to hits. 

Edited by Abstract_duck

13 minutes ago, Abstract_duck said:

Wait, I don't get it: isn't exploding 6s always better then reroll 1? Chances on 1 and 6 are equal, and the reroll only gives a chance at a hit, while the exploding 6 doubles it.  Unless another rule is incoming.. 

Depends if they have another effect that activates on 6:s since you only can choose one if there is mutiple effects that happens on 6:s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Abstract_duck said:

yep.. but it's the same with the OBR stalkers, the stance that gives extra dmg and rend is just strictly better than reroll hit or wound ones.. it's funny that they market it in the article that rr1 would be good for reliability and exploding 6s for dmg 😂

• Like 1

RR1's is pretty close to exploding 6's if they can get down to hitting on 2's (3+ base), plus this doesn't seem to be exclusive. If you had 2 of these guys you could give a unit both. If this is anything to go by there might be some serious buff stacking potential in the new IDK book (despite them trying to clamp down on it in the core rules).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jaskier said:

I feel there's a bit of a disconnect in the discourse here, so just to clear it up;

Namarti Thralls are widely agreed to be in a bad spot. 

Namarti Reavers are one of the best performing Idoneth units currently. 

A -1 to-wound bubble is nice, though it being combat only does raise the question of whether this character is best used as a bandaid for Thralls or if it's a legitimate support option. If Thralls get the 2" weapon range they've needed since forever in the new book then this new character will almost certainly have a place. 

Well the reality is that most people do not play at tournament level and people often financially cannot keep up with the meta so the Eel spam lists are still likely over represented in people's gaming circles but as someone with an interest in IDK and particularly Namarti heavy lists that is great news to me. Although I am likely to have a fairly mixed force if I jump on board the Idoneth Hype Wave 🏄‍♂️

I also feel like this is why a lot of armies get nerfed so badly because most people do not keep up with meta and so continue to complain when something has already had a point change or rule errata. If you just have the book or are new to the game you might not know about the change to summoning points/items/battalions and continue to dominate your local meta and result in people asking for them to change the rules not realizing that they already have been. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

RR1's is pretty close to exploding 6's if they can get down to hitting on 2's (3+ base), plus this doesn't seem to be exclusive. If you had 2 of these guys you could give a unit both. If this is anything to go by there might be some serious buff stacking potential in the new IDK book (despite them trying to clamp down on it in the core rules).

Surely having 2 counts as the same trigger effect so if two thrall masters affect the same unit then you have to pick one of the effects.

thralls really really need 2", make sense since even on his scrool they are worded like ", wielding massive 2 handweapons" then you see his stats and it has same range as a goblin dagger lol

and a 32base melee unit with minimun size of 10 cant have 1", not only for idk thralls. same is aplied to every army, and i hope it get adressed in next general handbook.

aniway again on idk, thrals are useless at 1" now since on most of istances only 5 will get to fight, unless enemy unit be on a perfect lane and you can meassure for 1 hour ur thralls in order to get 8 or so to fight!. so this hero wont see any use even on casual games.

if thralls get 2" then this hero will be nice, and ill love to run 2units of 20 thralls and others 2 unit of 20 reavers.

and noone is spaming reavers, not because everyone has eels. it is because they arent good lol. only 8" on a ranged unit sucks and then. they have 0 rend, so wont do any dmg in this aos where everything get 2+ armor stacks. im hoping they get 1rend on rapidfire and at least 2 shoots in normal range

• Confused 1

I feel like there a lot of hasty judgement here  ( dare I say kneejerk reaction) before the battle tome has even been announce yet and there a full picture. I assume that a lot of thing can change when a new tome comes out like with Nurgle.

I at least assume that high tide is going to change into something else at least

Edited by novakai
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I was thinking.....has always GW not mentioned even for a bit the battletome during the dualbox reveal?
Is possible they're not mentioning that for some specific reason?

They didn’t do it last time with Shadow and pain but at the time the community where not sure if was going to be new tomes for DoK/HoS

7 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

and noone is spaming reavers, not because everyone has eels. it is because they arent good lol. only 8" on a ranged unit sucks and then. they have 0 rend, so wont do any dmg in this aos where everything get 2+ armor stacks. im hoping they get 1rend on rapidfire and at least 2 shoots in normal range

Incorrect. A player in Sweden went 5-0 at a GT using 60 Reavers. Another in Denmark went 5-0 with 30 of them. One of the top Australian players is running a similar list and having extremely strong results with it. Plenty more competitive Idoneth players can attest to their value. They are very strong right now.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I was thinking.....has always GW not mentioned even for a bit the battletome during the dualbox reveal?
Is possible they're not mentioning that for some specific reason?

I actually went to look back the dok/slaanesh box article and didn't see any mention of battletome in that one. Also Nurgle box with snail way back also had zero note about upcoming Nurgle btome, they announced nothing until Christmas. I remember that because I started collecting Nurgle back then with no knowledge when they would get battletome. 

20 hours ago, Iksdee said:

I am wondering how much GW will stick to the races of Ghur going forward. Pulled this bit from a wiki, dont know how accurate this is (its missing Silent People for one). While we just started this edition the first thing i notice is that a few races have already been covered. Soulblight Avengorii also just got updated with Lauka Vai. Does this mean a possible new race or model update could be among these races? Another thing that jumps at me are that most of these are rumoured for updates. Shaggoths could be in a rumoured StD update and fit the monster theme. Ogors/ Skaven are also in this list. Could be going crazy but i think i'm onto something here. I dont think the Worm-riders will be a thing because of Dune copyright battles. But if they decide to do the Worm thing they can have all my money. Any thoughts?

Ghur Inhabitants

Aelves:
Dhom-hain enclave of the Idoneth Deepkin

Ionrach enclave of the Idoneth Deepkin

Various Scourge Privateers fleets can be found in the Realm.

Duardin:
Lofnir Lodge: Fyreslayers with large numbers of magmadroth's and who are often paid to march to war alongside the Ogor clans of the realm.

Gargants

Great Worms

Grots

Humans:
Vurm-tai nomads: The worm-riders, horse clans of the Amber Steppes who took to following the migration routes of the Great Worms and picking over what was left in their wake, or simply raiding the caravans that traveled to and from the worm-cities.

Hunter-tribes of the Great Coil: Hunters who move vast haunches of meat thanks to Trade Pioneers.

Treestriders of the Gnarlwood: Tribesfolk who reside in a deadly forest of groping vines, hunting strange species and gathering medicinal herbs.

Ogors

Orruks

Sankrit: A reptilian race with a small empire at the northern edge of the Sea of Bones.

Skaven:
Clan Rhukrit: They sweep across the Ravenous Plains with swarms of attack vehicles, followed by crawlburrows.

Sunwyrm

Shaggoth

Soulblight Vampires:
The Avengorii: A dynasty that dwells in the Sascathran Dunes.

Sylvaneth:
The Aerchhoi: Bitter and dangerous, they inhabit the Druichan Forest near the city of Izalend.

Wanted to post this here to see what people think of my theory. I crossed the armies off the list that have been covered already last year. Gargants havent had a release recently but i think they are fine the way they are for now. I'm pretty sure now that Dragon ogors will get a release this season. I also noticed a link with Fyreslayers and Ogors exists in Ghur. A sign for Firebellies?

• LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Wanted to post this here to see what people think of my theory. I crossed the armies off the list that have been covered already last year. Gargants havent had a release recently but i think they are fine the way they are for now. I'm pretty sure now that Dragon ogors will get a release this season. I also noticed a link with Fyreslayers and Ogors exists in Ghur. A sign for Firebellies?

Any one of these has the potential for some awesome designs, I hope you're right! 

4 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Firebellies is such an obvious progression for Ogors that if it doesnt come this Edition it almost certainly has to be next.

16 hours ago, Praecautus said:

Surely having 2 counts as the same trigger effect so if two thrall masters affect the same unit then you have to pick one of the effects.

Its not a command, so unless the ability explicitly says a unit can only benefit from one of them at a time it stacks. They might have omitted the text in the preview, but it looks like the full ability was shown.

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

February: Tome Celestial Beasts of Chaos

That sounds very bad for that faction... The soup rumour is getting a bit stronger to me

With mawtribes, Soulblight, gloomspite, cities, and oruuk warclans all being soup tomes, I think it's just the way GW are thinking about releases now. I am sure the new dwarf faction will be like KB was for orruks in a soup tome. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Malerion elves were an expansion to daughters of khaine too. They already have the keyword "umbraneth" warband in their army.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Verminlord said:

With mawtribes, Soulblight, gloomspite, cities, and oruuk warclans all being soup tomes, I think it's just the way GW are thinking about releases now. I am sure the new dwarf faction will be like KB was for orruks in a soup tome. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Malerion elves were an expansion to daughters of khaine too. They already have the keyword "umbraneth" warband in their army.

I'd be more surprised if Malerions Aelves were NOT with DOK.

I agree that the new Duardin will probably be souped as well, I'd imagine with Fyreslayers, so FS may be souped after all just not with KO.