The Rumour Thread

I started another Play-Through of The Witcher: Wild Hunt, Blood and Wine which made me think: Why shouldn't Cities of Sigmar receive a subfaction or models that are more knightly? We have the Demi Gryphs (which really need better poses) and that's it. However if one would combine the old bretonnia style with the Free Guild style and added a sprinkle of fantasy beasts we could have really awesome Toussaint-Like (Witcher Faction) Knights organized in knightly orders or Guard-Battalions, bolstering the forefront of Dawnbringer Crusades, while looking awesome while dong so.

In concrete I am talkin about: Pistoliers on Demi gryphs. Tauralon Lancers (or sth. similar), mounted Greatswords on some weird beast, Dual-Saber riders etc.

Would be really cool imo and not as limited in scope as Bretonnians were, while not requiring its own faction.

• Like 4

I really love the new Fyreslayers model if the entire rage had this aesthetic I would probably have collected it. Too bad its only one and not the proper reboot they need with the entire range updated and added onto but if GW wants my money for Fyrs it would stick to that aesthetic.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I started another Play-Through of The Witcher: Wild Hunt, Blood and Wine which made me think: Why shouldn't Cities of Sigmar receive a subfaction or models that are more knightly? We have the Demi Gryphs (which really need better poses) and that's it. However if one would combine the old bretonnia style with the Free Guild style and added a sprinkle of fantasy beasts we could have really awesome Toussaint-Like (Witcher Faction) Knights organized in knightly orders or Guard-Battalions, bolstering the forefront of Dawnbringer Crusades, while looking awesome while dong so.

In concrete I am talkin about: Pistoliers on Demi gryphs. Tauralon Lancers (or sth. similar), mounted Greatswords on some weird beast, Dual-Saber riders etc.

Would be really cool imo and not as limited in scope as Bretonnians were, while not requiring its own faction.

Blood and Wine is what I expect a game set in Bretonnia look like, 100%.

I wonder if GW sees Stormcast filling the knight niche - they've moved away from the bulkier designs to more lither ones - but it just isn't the same thing. Although if I'd have to choose a creature aside of a horse (do horses even exist in AoS?), I'd have it be a giant snail. Would contrast nicely against Horticulux Slimux. Let the snail joust begin!

Β 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'd love for a blood and wine styled expansion to the CoS line. They could even remake Bretonnia in AoS and not be nearly as limited since the realms are crazy as can be anyways.Β 

Β 

There are horses, a few CoS units still use them, and LRL have Dawnriders who use "normal" horses.Β 

Β 

I miss my mounted knights :(

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheGrimKnight said:

I'd love for a blood and wine styled expansion to the CoS line. They could even remake Bretonnia in AoS and not be nearly as limited since the realms are crazy as can be anyways.Β 

There are horses, a few CoS units still use them, and LRL have Dawnriders who use "normal" horses.Β 

Also StD, Daughters and Death (though that GA isnt the best example of living horses).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maogrim said:

A death faction of cave-dwellers who aren't dead themselves, worship death/Nagash and who consume the dead, you say? You just basically described Flesheater Courts, I think.Β 

I personally wouldn't hold my breath for Silent People. They had the perfect opportunity to introduce them as a band for Underworlds in Beastgrave or Direchasm to test the waters. They didn't.Β 

Maybe Kragnos could try to awaken/open Beastgrave in the AOS main narrative and they would come scuttling out, but I doubt that since it would turn the focus from Destruction to Death again. And when the last three minis proved one thing, it's that this is the era of the ... Nevermind.

Btw: Happy new year, TGA!

Silent people are Chaos Dwarves.

So called because you never hear us going on about it.

Chaos Dwarves.. no whining. Quiet as you like. Β That's us.

You aint seen us right? Β :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Just now, KingBrodd said:

What are we hedging our bets on for today? Another quick video with snippets of models? Any full model reveals?

What are your wish lists for today?

Dual system kit.

Primaris Stormcast Lieutenatelexitor with gravis stormstrike lightning Thunderchunder axeswordfist.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, TheGrimKnight said:

Β 

Β 

We can do better than that brother - AoS Brets are far too good for the CoS big troosers tights and feather in the cap crowd.

No no.. we can do much better.. Β now where was that talking otter...

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

What are we hedging our bets on for today? Another quick video with snippets of models? Any full model reveals?

Personally I don’t care what specifically is coming out this year but what I’d like is a clear roadmap of what’s to come.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Calling it now, someone will go through the video frame by frame, pause it between a fade of 2 pictures so there is a mix of pictures and will claim the outline is a chaos dwarf.

Then in 3 months when chaos dwarves haven't been released, the conspiracy theories will start that GW had chaos dwarves ready to go but decided not to release them as a kick in the teeth to chaos dwarf players! 🀣🀣

Seriously tho I'm looking forward to another year of outstanding models as GW seem to up their game time and time again.Β 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Calling it now, someone will go through the video frame by frame, pause it between a fade of 2 pictures so there is a mix of pictures and will claim the outline is a chaos dwarf.

Then in 3 months when chaos dwarves haven't been released, the conspiracy theories will start that GW had chaos dwarves ready to go but decided not to release them as a kick in the teeth to chaos dwarf players! 🀣🀣

They put Hobgrots in Dominion to get the MASSIVE Chorf fandom to buy the BOX! Only way to collect a Chorf army will be to buy unrelated releases from every GA, expect undead Bull Centaurs in GA: Death and K'Dai in Fyreslayers! #PUDanon #con-spiracy #Iwanttobelieve #followthemoney

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Silent people are Chaos Dwarves.

So called because you never hear us going on about it.

Chaos Dwarves.. no whining. Quiet as you like. Β That's us.

You aint seen us right? Β :ph34r:

This gave me a massive belly laugh mate!!

33 minutes ago, Kaizennus said:

Personally I don’t care what specifically is coming out this year but what I’d like is a clear roadmap of what’s to come.

A roadmap of some kind would help so much with AOS with almost every other system having one in some form.

30 minutes ago, papary said:

A list of the next few battletomes would do me!Β 

100%. Not even in release order just say these 3 are next and leave it.

7 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Lots of talk floating around about new Primaris stuff so wouldnt be surprised if it was mainly that for today

That would be the ultimate bummer.Β 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They've teased some Easterling stuff for MESBG with silhouette, so it might be we see them fully unveiled.

Other than that I'd expect another 'parts of some models' teaser and a single Primaris shown off.Β 

Forgot about the Easterling silhouette, I agree though a full reveal for them and the parts teaser and another Primaris.Β 

3 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Blood and Wine is what I expect a game set in Bretonnia look like, 100%.

I wonder if GW sees Stormcast filling the knight niche - they've moved away from the bulkier designs to more lither ones - but it just isn't the same thing. Although if I'd have to choose a creature aside of a horse (do horses even exist in AoS?), I'd have it be a giant snail. Would contrast nicely against Horticulux Slimux. Let the snail joust begin!

Β 

Brettonian Halflings on Giant Snails you say!

• LOVE IT! 1