The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

so new chamber?

image.png.6171cd85023dd9fd096ab1f31e8a0e8c.png

so we have -or, -ant, -ist, and -um as suffixes... let the guessing begin!

What else we know: this Lord is part of the Dawnbringer Crusades, has some furs, and what I'd consider a halo attached to his pauldrons.

edit: we also know the armor is forged by Grungni, and his accompanying units are Vindict-ors and Annihilat-ors

I want to say Lord-Templar, but that feels a bit weak

We already have Templars in the Extremis Chamber so probably not that

Just spitballing some ideas here.... Lord-Nihilum, -Invictus, -Dominus, -Turris, -Castellum, -Caelum, -Caelestis , -Caelestum, -Aethrus, -Edictus, -Imperius, -Mandatum, -Fatalis, -Clarus

Lord-Reclaimer?

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

There's one thing I realised only today, and that is that Emelda Braskov does not have a subfaction like Freeguild or Order of Azyr.

Though divining anything from boxed games warscrolls isn't going to end well, this is interesting.

If I recall, when she was revealed Adam was very strongly suggesting 'Knights of Azyr' would be a thing in the future. I think he outright said "this might be a hint at a unit coming in the future" or something to that effect. It was an unusually quite frank statement considering how often they try and avoid alluding to anything coming which isn't getting shown in the same stream or has been revealed already.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

If ko and fyre get souped I quit aos. 

Fyreslayers should have never been their own codex. They may in fact be the smallest amount of models to ever be supported by a full codex release. Giving them access to more units would benefit everyone, while still allowing you to field dedicated Fyreslayer lists. 

Also, both them and KO have some pretty severe codex issues at the moment. KO is overperforming and Fyreslayers are shoehorned into a single competitive list.  Both could do with quite a few tweaks/adjustments and doing both at the same time prevents one from languishing for another year or so. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

so new chamber?

image.png.6171cd85023dd9fd096ab1f31e8a0e8c.png

so we have -or, -ant, -ist, and -um as suffixes... let the guessing begin!

What else we know: this Lord is part of the Dawnbringer Crusades, has some furs, and what I'd consider a halo attached to his pauldrons.

edit: we also know the armor is forged by Grungni, and his accompanying units are Vindict-ors and Annihilat-ors

I want to say Lord-Templar, but that feels a bit weak

Mmfff so glad AoS has other things besides stormcast, all I can say after seeing the list of names.

15 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Fyreslayers should have never been their own codex. They may in fact be the smallest amount of models to ever be supported by a full codex release. Giving them access to more units would benefit everyone, while still allowing you to field dedicated Fyreslayer lists. 

Also, both them and KO have some pretty severe codex issues at the moment. KO is overperforming and Fyreslayers are shoehorned into a single competitive list.  Both could do with quite a few tweaks/adjustments and doing both at the same time prevents one from languishing for another year or so. 

Fyreslayers suffer from being the first non-Stormcast/Khorne army released for AoS in the same way Ironjawz/Idoneth do. All they need is a new wave of models - as do Idoneth/Ironjawz/etc - to bring them closer to a full army and Bob's Your Uncle. They already have access to Kharadron and Dispossessed as Allies or running Barak-Thryng.

All slamming them together in a Battletome does is band aid over the issue and someone will say "well now all three armies have three times the 'new' models!!!" leaving them to languish until they get a new clampack Hero or something in three years. Wuptydoo. 

Fyreslayers need new models, not "go and buy Kharadron stuff lol" and vice versa.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fyreslayers suffer from being the first non-Stormcast/Khorne army released for AoS in the same way Ironjawz/Idoneth do. All they need is a new wave of models - as do Idoneth/Ironjawz/etc - to bring them closer to a full army and Bob's Your Uncle. They already have access to Kharadron and Dispossessed as Allies or running Barak-Thryng.

All slamming them together in a Battletome does is band aid over the issue and someone will say "well now all three armies have three times the 'new' models!!!" leaving them to languish until they get a new clampack Hero or something in three years. Wuptydoo. 

Fyreslayers need new models, not "go and buy Kharadron stuff lol" and vice versa.

Of course having both updated and expanded is the better option. But I'm not sure GW is on board for expanding existing factions. Lumineth was a rare example of the contrary, but typically factions are just getting a codex, a hero, and some endless spells/terrain and then left alone for a few more years. 

If merging codexes mean they update them more often then I am on board. Its the lesser of two evils given the historical treatment of small factions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Also, does anyone have any updates on either: i) chaos dwarves or ii) kurnothi?

Obviously discontinuing chorfs without a single mention was a bummer, and personally I would have loved for Kragnos to lead the Kurnothi, but maybe there is still some hope.

To give you hope...

...and to dash it...

2021-05-26.png

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

If merging codexes mean they update them more often then I am on board. Its the lesser of two evils given the historical treatment of small factions. 

There isn't really a precedent to soup'ed Battletomes getting updated more often. Fyreslayers 2 came out in March 2019. Kharadron 2 came out in... I forget exactly, but I want to say January 2020. Considering both 1.0 versions of them released about two years apart from one another, it's not as if there was a massive gap where one was languishing for longer than the other.

It frees up a potential slot in the release schedule for other Battletomes, but that's about it. So far soup'ed Battletomes haven't presented any releases that we might or might not have gotten otherwise - Ogres got their Mawpot and Tyrant themed to the non-Beastclaw, Cities are getting the Witch Hunter duo, Warclans didn't even get Endless Spells or terrain.

If anything it seems more like GW would let Fyreslayers languish as a side piece to the Kharadron/Dispossessed parts of soup given their low sales, whereas at least if they're still a standalone 'Tome they have to commit to them somewhat.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

interesting, she does have ULFENKARN as a city 'subfaction' though... so does Cleona. Gonna go ahead and guess that Ulfenkarn is not in the current COS book.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/eng_Captain_Emelda_Braskov_Qulathis_The_Exile.pdf

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/eng_Cleona_Zeitengale.pdf

Ulfenkarn isn't in the current book, but all CoS units (in the book) are part of a subfaction that's not a city. Things like Disposessed, Freeguild, Ironweld etc. They would then also gain the keyword of the city the player chooses

59 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

To give you hope...

...and to dash it...

2021-05-26.png

Interesting the hodgepodge mash of greenskins though.

We already know there are 3 icons but here's seems to imply they are not only "morruk" andhobgobs...

In a frame there's something similar to a grots in the background with a "strange weapon".

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

I think the animation teaser with the Kruel Boy might just from the trailer for AOS 3rd.

The same teaser had a shot or two from the 40k 9th animation too, so it makes sense.

Gonna suspect too that the Lord-Piglatinus might end up our new Leader and probably the one used in the 'Elite Edition' equivalent.

Interesting though - if we are going for a similar system as 40k, it looks like SCE might end up with 4 Heroes inside this box. We've definitely seen 3 - the Banner Bearer, the Mage and the Animation Man - so assuming we end up with another tomorrow and then Friday having a Kruel Boyz silhouette to really hype into Saturday.

• Like 1

Ulfenkarn is crying out for a tome celestial WD treatment or something on the order of how Har Kuron/Anvilgard/Settler’s Gain were treated in the BR books. It would be so easy, the background’s already written, the Cursed City game left off with a small enclave holding out, you have prominent characters you could pull in... Won’t happen but it would be nice to see.

4 hours ago, zamerion said:

AoS RumourEngine9 May26 Image

The Troll Hag from total war wears giant/ gargant's skulls as a bra. The rumor engine definitely has curvature to it, and it'd be in line with the name Fellwater Morruks.

Edit: can't seem to get an image to work.

Edited by Dankboss
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3