The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I understand why GW did what they did but I'm still avoiding as many spoilers as I can for BR Kragnos, I'm excited for Destruction to finally be here and I hope that continues into 3.0, if they become another footnote this Edition and the only new minis they recieve are the new 'Morruks' and an Underworlds Warband or two I'll be gargantually disappointed.

My worry is they’ll be just like nighthaunt, here’s a new army, rest of edition, here’s one or two models... but then Death in general got ossiarch and soulblight, with other armies in between, I think it could be the new army in winter (ala ossiarch, gloomspite, gargants) will probably be Order either dwarves or shadow elves and either summer or following winter destruction update 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

It'll be a scheduled post - they don't have a person sat there with a calendar waiting to push stuff live 😉

maybe they just use multiple water birdies - those which dip the head up and down. Wouldn't surprise me with GW. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Damosane said:

I don't think we will be getting grot air pirates, I think the Skaven version mentioned in kharadron lore are much more likely and would be fair more interesting personally 

Skaven are a "unified" army, a subfaction of Skryre that just use airships would be strange without nothing for Eshin and Moulder.
They already ditched the idea of clans battletomes so i really doubt.
But some units are possible, if not probable.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

Skaven are a "unified" army, a subfaction of Skryre that just use airships would be strange without nothing for Eshin and Moulder.

Skryre's remit of "weird tech" is very fertile but would be easy to overload. The solution? Make the Skaven pirates their own great clan.

If you read the Skaventide battletome, an entire great clan disappeared through a gnawhole. It's a fun story to leave open ended, but GW could just as easily have them return from the hinterlands as master explorers (exploration being a solid theme to set beside engineering, assassination and disease). So you could still have sky-ships but perhaps only incorporating some Skryre stuff (like how Stormfiends mix Skryre and Moulder technology).

I'd love to see Skaven sky-fleets riffing on 17th century naval explorers (rats in tricorn hats that form the Skaven icon). Coz Skaven are meant to be the most evil and exploitative faction in Warhammer, so what better fit for a British colonial aesthetic? 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Deakz28 said:

My worry is they’ll be just like nighthaunt, here’s a new army, rest of edition, here’s one or two models... but then Death in general got ossiarch and soulblight, with other armies in between, I think it could be the new army in winter (ala ossiarch, gloomspite, gargants) will probably be Order either dwarves or shadow elves and either summer or following winter destruction update 

I hope if there are more Factions this Edition that there is the new Destruction faction and a Duardin Faction and then they go back and update the rest of the armies. 

No offence to Malerions Aelves but they can wait, we have quite the few Pointy Ears currently and it would have a greater impact. Else you get people who would just be annoyed that a new Faction is yet another Aelven one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope if there are more Factions this Edition that there is the new Destruction faction and a Duardin Faction and then they go back and update the rest of the armies. 

No offence to Malerions Aelves but they can wait, we have quite the few Pointy Ears currently and it would have a greater impact. Else you get people who would just be annoyed that a new Faction is yet another Aelven one.

I think that more Destruction armies and a new Duardin faction are a given. Malerion will come in the next edition but I think like Slaanesh's release it will be a major event (likely the two will coincide). Chaos is in a weird place where I think that they are in a great spot in terms of armies but the setting of Ghur is the ideal time to revitalize the Beasts of Chaos and Skaven ranges. We also have some vague Chaos Dwarf rumours... so they are another possibility although will they be an independent faction or not? 

I think if anything is taking a back seat it will be Death for the next edition, not only did they receive a lot of love already but I actually think they are the most cohesive and realized alliance in the game (alongside Chaos). I expect range expansions but no revamps or new armies. My best bet is that with Nagash down and out there will be growing autonomy among the death factions and maybe at the end of the edition or the begining of the next a new independent death faction will rise but it will have a lot of narrative lead up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shinros said:

They also changed the Grungi line from the look of things. 

Yep definitely ..

5 hours ago, Feii said:

also about the return of Grungni!

Hopefully this has some significance for the duardin factions .. like some new models , hopefully Grungni himself  popping up on some fantastical war machine.. 

4 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

That's a hint towards one mixed duardin battletome. 😔

Yeah getting that vibe a bit.. hopefully still might mean more models..

8 hours ago, Doko said:

Again other spoiler about dwarf mixed tome even if some people dont want it seems is coming for sure.

I hope they dont forget the dispossessed in that tome as they only mention fyreslayers and kharadrons

I'd really like to see updated Grungni Duardin in there - I love the iron breakers and hammerers but it would be nice to see some new units, the recent dwarf sculpts have been amazing..

7 hours ago, Whitefang said:

You know...

well you did mention way back who Gromthi was.. 😉... I hope he signals some new duardin coming our way..

8 hours ago, Feii said:

The Kharadron Overlords and Fyreslayers have been getting along better – the return of Grungni the Maker was a beacon of hope for all duardin. 

Is this a spoiler as well? 

@silverstu

I wonder if he will be further revealed in BR: Kragnos ..I hope he's back in Chamon after bailing out Sigmar again.. [They did say there might be other surprises as well as the box reveal this weekend.. maybe we can hope for a glance of a future duardin release..probably not but you can always dream.. ]

5 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Not just that, they also spoiled Alarielle's actions are the reason why Kragnos got free.

It's honestly the whole story of Kragnos book they were spoiling. 😂

They probably had this article scheduled to come a week or two after Kragnos released, and no one went back to review the article when the release date was pushed back.

4 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

That's a hint towards one mixed duardin battletome. 😔

I will be so angry if we get souped in. Fyre have nothing in common with ko look or lorewise. This is like making a sandwhich with peanut butter and dynamite.

• Like 4

A combined Dawi Battletome would be extremely disappointing, especially when every flavour of Elf seems to get it's own book. As has been said, they have almost nothing in common in gameplay, visually or lore-wise beyond being Dawi - even the 'Eavy Metal colour palettes are completely contrasting colours and tones. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it'd be like combining Lumineth and Idoneth, but at least they've both got a Greco-Roman vibe and are directly linked to Teclis, so KO/FS would make even less sense than that!

That we've seen none of this 'getting along better' outside of one small group of Doomseekers (who get mentioned maybe twice) in Be'lakor and a paragraph in the FS Battletome, it does seem like something they want to pretend was always happening so they can spring the combined Battletome on us and pretend any groundwork was laid - unless of course something happens in Kragnos, but that seems doubtful with how jampacked with non-Dawi the cast already is.

My hope is it's a red herring and instead we get something like a very customisable Grombrindal kit, where instead of the usual "you can make a Named Character or a Generic Hero" you can make him in one of his Fyreslayer, Dispossessed or Kharadron 'disguises'.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 15

25 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

If we get Malerion's aelves this edition, we better get Tyrion as well.

To be clear, I'm not saying we need more Lumineth.

Just.  Tyrion.  That is all.

Personally, I think that Malerion and Tyrion will be released alongside one another in a narrative event about the freeing of Slaanesh. Likely it will be the two of them fighting which will cause the release of the Dark Prince as they are too embittered to realize the greater threat. I am really excited to see this occur as I am a big fan of the rivals and think it would make a major introduction for them both. In a way I think that much as the Bonereapers are tied to the Eightpoints, the Aelves will be the Order force most tied to Chaos in the next edition. Sigmar and Grungni have other fish to fry.

But I think this will be a few years off, and it will be an epic event that wraps up the current Aelven storyline. But for now it is time for some bearded bros to help man the walls of Azyr and push back against the upcoming green wave.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

I will be so angry if we get souped in. Fyre have nothing in common with ko look or lorewise. This is like making a sandwhich with peanut butter and dynamite.

I think you may have to prepare yourself. With every additional hint I'm starting to think that a mixed Duardin book is on the cards. 

I'm still not convinced it's a terrible idea though. The warclans battletome is a pretty good one which gives interesting ways to play both factions individually or combined. There is potential to produce something that gives all Duardin armies a new lease of life. 

It's also possible that there will be a Slaves to Darkness style book that is its own thing but can pull in units from the other books. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

I really hope we see new Fyreslayers, Bonesplitterz, Ogors, plastic Saurus, and flesheaters before we see more aelves of any kind

I couldn't agree more mate.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I think that more Destruction armies and a new Duardin faction are a given. Malerion will come in the next edition but I think like Slaanesh's release it will be a major event (likely the two will coincide). Chaos is in a weird place where I think that they are in a great spot in terms of armies but the setting of Ghur is the ideal time to revitalize the Beasts of Chaos and Skaven ranges. We also have some vague Chaos Dwarf rumours... so they are another possibility although will they be an independent faction or not? 

I think if anything is taking a back seat it will be Death for the next edition, not only did they receive a lot of love already but I actually think they are the most cohesive and realized alliance in the game (alongside Chaos). I expect range expansions but no revamps or new armies. My best bet is that with Nagash down and out there will be growing autonomy among the death factions and maybe at the end of the edition or the begining of the next a new independent death faction will rise but it will have a lot of narrative lead up. 

And again I agree mate!! Death and Chaos are the 2 most fleshed out and lore wise, stable Alliances. If anything new comes to Death I'd like to see Ossiarch get a few new units this Edition alongside Flesh Eaters.

Chaos should have Beasts and Skaven updated but the big 4 are in a great place model wise, maybe some Mortals for Tzeentch and Nurgle.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A combined Dawi Battletome would be extremely disappointing, especially when every flavour of Elf seems to get it's own book. As has been said, they have almost nothing in common in gameplay, visually or lore-wise beyond being Dawi - even the 'Eavy Metal colour palettes are completely contrasting colours and tones. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it'd be like combining Lumineth and Idoneth, but at least they've both got a Greco-Roman vibe and are directly linked to Teclis, so KO/FS would make even less sense than that!

That we've seen none of this 'getting along better' outside of one small group of Doomseekers (who get mentioned maybe twice) in Be'lakor and a paragraph in the FS Battletome, it does seem like something they want to pretend was always happening so they can spring the combined Battletome on us and pretend any groundwork was laid - unless of course something happens in Kragnos, but that seems doubtful with how jampacked with non-Dawi the cast already is.

My hope is it's a red herring and instead we get something like a very customisable Grombrindal kit, where instead of the usual "you can make a Named Character or a Generic Hero" you can make him in one of his Fyreslayer, Dispossessed or Kharadron 'disguises'.

Im really hoping its a red herring too or wave two of fyre who got sabotaged with crappy models and too small range. Wave 2 of ko would also be great, but with gw and its elf fanboyism and dislike of dwarvew doesnt bode well at all.

Gotta squat armies off to make room for 200+ more elf armies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Regarding the rumors of a combined Duardin faction and Malerion, I think it’s safe to say that at some point both are going to happen, at least that’s my opinion; Duardin much sooner. The Duardin have already been hinted to be receiving a combined book, and my guess (speculating on the patterns from past GW releases) that Grungni is going to be the equivalent of a LoW choice for the army; a version of Katakros, Alarielle, Glutos, etc. for the dwarfs to use.  

As for Malerion, his release is going to be massive; the shadow/dark elf parallel to Lumanith is going to be a huge hit that will rake in the sales. GW knows this, which is why they’re slowly teasing him and waiting for the right opportunity to drop the army. Just look the success of Lumanith Realm Lords: people have wanted the equivalent of traditional elves in AoS since the beginning, and now they’re considered one of the most popular armies in the game. It wouldn’t surprise me if the eventual release of the dark elves shifts the meta or heralds a new edition, which is why I’m suspecting that Malerion will come at least somewhere in the middle of AoS 3 or towards the tail end of its lifespan. 

My hopes are that at some point this edition, BoC receive some love and get a few new kits. If they were to update Warherds accordingly, and give us the equivalent of some armored minotaurs, I’d be very happy. I could also definitely see nurgle getting some pestigors, or Khorne getting his own version of a Warherds unit and some Khorngors.

Edited by AngryPanda
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Visual_Delusion said:

As someone who hasn’t kept up with the lore...can someone explain to me the Malekith becoming Malerion thing??

I used to play Dark elves back in the late 90s, early 2000s as a teen before losing interest in the hobby...so I missed this whole thing...

Malekith got a new, trademarkable, name that he doesn’t share with a Marvel character in the transition between WHFB and AoS.

• Like 1

Malerion is also rocking a new look with the Shadow Realm warping him like it did his mother into a demonic entity.

hqdefault.jpg

Between that, his new aelves being said to be made in his image as devil-like things like the Melusai were for the Shadow Queen and his new lore acting as the Loki of AoS with Order-aligned treaties, helping protect the Realm of Heaven and positive dealings with both Sigmar & Tyrion (but of course alterior secret motives behind his gifts) it's safe to say the name change is earned as he's almost a new character.

Edited by Baron Klatz

As dwarf player i get why people dont want the soup dwarf tome.

But i really after see how after 7 years since his release the fyreslayers only got one scenary and endless spell.........

A second wave would be the best of course,but betwen stay other 7 years with nothing new or get a soup fun tome? I prefer the soup

• Like 4