The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Doko said:

Really people think have two models that both can tie multiple enemy units and only take 3 wounds in total is balanced?????seems pretty strongth allready only with one model but two is way umbalanced and reading the skill wont happen

It‘d be just as the old Morathi except you don‘t have to be too bothered about her human form. If she can take more dmg everyone will just shoot/magic both and she‘ll be gone by the end of turn 1.

• Like 1

Snake form cant be focused yet,and now the tradeoff that we can focus to human form is that for same cost(we dont know yet) dok players have the buffs and spells of human form at the same time that the snake form.

Yes maybe too much weak if all wounds arent capped,but too much broken with only 3. Maybe 3 to snake and 3 to human form for a total of 6 be the actual numbes and be  more balanced?

19 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I think she will keep it, simply because the physical model carries it quite prominently. 

Well, perhaps the physical form remains but the power that resided in it was used up in the ritual.  Either way, I think the cap of 3 wounds will have gone.  Not long to find out.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Irvy said:

As a noob to AoS, I'd be interested in hearing how many books you lot think will be coming after Morathi - and maybe have a stab at what those books may be? (All conjecture, of course).

How many not sure,

but i’m going to guess that it’ll be a lot, considering that morathi is only the first of a few books coming out at some point.

I also have a feeling that the Skaven will have the last laugh of this considering, that they are such a massive thread to all realms, but haven’t been mentioned at all or just randomly unnoticeable

• Like 1

I expect skaven to get a major release at some point. They are fairly popular and are a good candidate for aosification to move into new design space. Plus most of chaos has already seen major releases during aos lifetime.

I think in the long term we may see chaos dwarfs and skaven get big releases.

In the short term I expect vampires and dragon elves.

• Like 2

My guess:
Broken Realms: Morathi
Broken Realms: Gorkamorka (Azyr is being besieged)
Broken Realms: Mannfred / Neferata (Soulblight)
Broken Realms: The Tide (Skaven)
Broken Realms: Slaanesh
Broken Realms: Shadow and Light (Twilight? anyone? xD)

Edit: 
Story:
- Morathi is becoming a god or sth. close to it,
meanwhile Sigmar is distracted due to Gordrakk attackign Azyr directly after levelling most of Excelsius

- Mannfred/Neferata seizes the opportunity to become more powerful while creating or unleashing the whole Might of the Soulblight Vampires (maybe a plague that turns mortals into Zombies)
- While Chaos erupts the most chaotic of all races tries to free Slaanesh. Succeeding in doing so. Yet Slaanesh remains weakened since it is rampaging through the mortal realms instead of residing in its own realm.
- Malerion marshalls his forced to enslave Slaanesh once again . Tyrion joins in with his old frenemy. While Khorne unwillingly helps them due to his hate of Slaanesh.

Half of Slaanesh escapes to his own realm while the Aelves capture and lock away his other half.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

My guess:
Broken Realms: Mannfred (Soulblight)
Broken Realms: Malerion
Broken Realm: Tyrion

That's a bit elf heavy (almost half).

Let's add

Broken Realms: Brokk

Broken Realms: Valaya

Broken Realms: Johann

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

27 minutes ago, Irvy said:

As a noob to AoS, I'd be interested in hearing how many books you lot think will be coming after Morathi - and maybe have a stab at what those books may be? (All conjecture, of course).

Maybe another 5-ish? Assuming every faction features, that we have four to five factions per book, that each book has representation from at least two GAs, and that some factions (Stormcast definitely, possibly LoN/CoS/StD) appear more than once even if in a reduced capacity. Maybe one or two more if these are tied into new releases for e.g. vampires.

RE: subject matter, we might be able to tell based on the different plot threads that are current or 'waiting in the wings'. What with the last Broken Realms story, Gordrakk's upcoming siege of Excelsis (as an entree for battering his way into Azyr) seems to be hinted at again and that's been rumoured for over a year. So that could hint at a book based around Ironjaws/other Destruction forces vs Cities of Sigmar/Stormcast/other Order forces.

Otherwise maybe something about the growing ties between the dwarf factions?

32 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

My guess:

Edit: 
Story:
meanwhile Sigmar is distracted due to Gordrakk attackign Azyr directly after levelling most of Excelsius

- Mannfred/Neferata seizes the opportunity to become more powerful while creating or unleashing the whole Might of the Soulblight Vampires (maybe a plague that turns mortals into Zombies)
- While Chaos erupts the most chaotic of all races tries to free Slaanesh. Succeeding in doing so. Yet Slaanesh remains weakened since it is rampaging through the mortal realms instead of residing in its own realm.
- Malerion marshalls his forced to enslave Slaanesh once again . Tyrion joins in with his old frenemy. While Khorne unwillingly helps them due to his hate of Slaanesh.

Half of Slaanesh escapes to his own realm while the Aelves capture and lock away his other half.

I really love this part of the hobby. The speculation, the wishes and the predictions before the next "big event"...Almost as fun as the process of actually building your army, tbh.

As for my predictions, I broadly agree with you, but with some twists:

Broken Realms: Gordrakk -> Miniatures for Orruks and Ogors. Siege and fall of Excelsis.

Broken Realms: Alarielle -> Miniatures for Sylvaneth, Nurgle and...Skaven? As somebody has said before. Fight in the realm of life.

Broken Realms: Teclis -> Mounted hero/new unit for Lumineth in fight across realms to prevent return of Slaanesh.

Broken Realms: Mannfred -> New Army, reinforcements in the 8 points against Archaon?

Broken Realms: Slaanesh -> Breaking free and leading to the release of Third Edition, where Malerion appears.

So looking forward to read the lore in Morathi.

• Like 2

My wish list after Morathi -

Broken Realms : Louencoeur. Neo Brets under new Lion God!!!

Broken Realms : Borgio & Belladonna. Dogs of War return and allied w Lion Brets lead an anti Sigmar Order human rebellion

Broken Realms : True Shadow King. Alith Anar returns and confronts his ancient enemy, usurper of his title, Malerion

Broken Realms : Abhorash & Vashanesh ( aka Vlad). The coolest vamps ever defy Nagash and rise to rule a benevolent human empire

Obviously absolutely none of these are ever happening but I can have them in my heart

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

My guess:

Edit: 
Story:

My own guess would be this:

Broken realms: Morathi

Broken Realms: Gorkamorka 

Broken realms: Slaanesh (in other words breaking slaanesh out of his prison)

Broken Realms: chaos!!!! (Meaning: that the chaos god won’t like the return of Slaanesh at all and the infighting of chaos worshippers begins)

Broken realms: The uprising (the Skaven use the outcome of those conflicts to their own advantage, and attack the chaos-things to gain control of more territory and maybe even kill a few gods in the process)

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

That's a bit elf heavy (almost half).

Let's add

Broken Realms: Brokk

Broken Realms: Valaya

Broken Realms: Johann

I would add:

Broken Realms: Gungni
Broken Realms: Grimnir
Broken Realms: Grombrindal

Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Overread said:

Wait who is Lady Atia? 

Also that art looks very much like a creature caster/raging heroes type sculpt if it were made. 

19 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Why is this a credible source? I’m confused 

As i remember she counts with some leaks/rumors that end being true, so has some credibility.

25 minutes ago, Overread said:

Wait who is Lady Atia? 

Also that art looks very much like a creature caster/raging heroes type sculpt if it were made. 

That's fan art just used as a placeholder image.

Lady Atia is/was someone with sources in GW who had a track record of reliably hinting at forthcoming stuff for AoS and 40k before she stopped a few years ago, apparently at GW's request. The DakkaDakka rumour tracker thing shows a bunch of her 'predictions' and though they were often somewhat vague and clearly coming from glimpses at unreleased stuff (sylvaneth, fyreslayers, most early AoS stuff), they were usually accurate.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3