The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, JPjr said:

FEC is one of those factions where I think the lore is just fantastic but I’ve always thought the old repurposed models, whilst not bad, have never come close to doing it justice and put me off.

Be great if they revisit them more and release some more that actually lean into the idea of shambling, rotten cannibals wearing rags and rubbish but who think they’re courtly knights.

would love to see some wearing pots and pans on their heads thinking it was shining plate armour, glorious pennants trailing in the wind that are actually stitched together flayed skin etcetc .

Yeah agreed. They're in a tricky spot, I think - their existing kits are perfectly fine, and them appearing in this box set would suggest they're not being replaced any time soon, but as you say they don't really fit the lore. They'll probably do a couple of new kits with a new tome, so they could follow the new theme with those, but then they wouldn't really match the rest of the army. I'd guess this new hero model is an indicator of the style of anything else we'll see - maybe a little haughtier, but essentially following the same look as the existing stuff. Which, yeah, doesn't really fulfill their potential.

Funny how the new lore totally changes the way you look at the models! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

Love that Skaven Warlock - you can practically hear his maniacal laughter! That said, the Skaven side of the box feels a little odd. I guess that's just what a Skyre force looks like right now? But It's essentially a Skaven army with almost no actual Skaven in it, all warmachines and Rat Ogres. 

I thought the same...until GW wrote that they will do something for skaven sooooooon

7 minutes ago, JPjr said:

FEC is one of those factions where I think the lore is just fantastic but I’ve always thought the old repurposed models, whilst not bad, have never come close to doing it justice and put me off.

Be great if they revisit them more and release some more that actually lean into the idea of shambling, rotten cannibals wearing rags and rubbish but who think they’re courtly knights.

would love to see some wearing pots and pans on their heads thinking it was shining plate armour, glorious pennants trailing in the wind that are actually stitched together flayed skin etcetc .

They have to make a cavalery unit. They have to. And a endless spell Grail made of bones and flesh / corpses

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I thought the same...until GW wrote that they will do something for skaven sooooooon

Oh yeah, this pretty much confirms FEC and Skaven both getting a new release somewhere on the BOC to Gloomspite spectrum. Glad to see Skaven finally get it - they feel like such a good fit for AOS, and they're so prominent in the lore, so it's painful right now seeing them divided up into all these barely functional factions 

5 minutes ago, Xelotath said:

Anyone else thinks that rat looks like he’s holding a guitar? 

My group have already nicknamed him Rockout Rat

Absolutely and I love it! Dude looks like mid maniacal laugh about to rock out to the sounds of destruction in that powerstance.

17 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Love that Skaven Warlock - you can practically hear his maniacal laughter! That said, the Skaven side of the box feels a little odd. I guess that's just what a Skyre force looks like right now? But It's essentially a Skaven army with almost no actual Skaven in it, all warmachines and Rat Ogres. 

Its because these are the only plastic models available for clan Skryre, lol.

One of my hopes for the new year is very close to be realised. An expansion to Flesh Eaters is almost upon us! I would be very happy with just a plastic vargulf and an update battletome, but this promises so much more! 

New kits and endless spells are a given i think, but wouldnt a FEC Lair- style terrain be also a good idea? Subterrenean caves and charnel houses, or even ruined castles. Think of the possibilities. 

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

(Gw please tell me that this is the beginning o f a mixed tome)

They can't do the other way. After the tome of today (mixed grots) and LON like tomes (BoC...), all the olds armies will get the same treatment. Next (supposedly) is darkoath but it seems that Rat-tome is on the way: which will be the first?????

For both factions, they just have to add a battleline plastic kit (with options) and eventually a big one (not really needed for skaven)

Just now, elfhead said:

If wrath and rapture is anything to go by, ‘soon’ can take a looooong time. 

Let us not forget Cultists are still waiting for their Codex even though the Space wolves got theirs last year. So yes soon can be a few months; but at least within the year or half a year!

1 minute ago, SirPergrin said:

One of my hopes for the new year is very close to be realised. An expansion to Flesh Eaters is almost upon us! I would be very happy with just a plastic vargulf and an update battletome, but this promises so much more! 

New kits and endless spells are a given i think, but wouldnt a FEC Lair- style terrain be also a good idea? Subterrenean caves and charnel houses, or even ruined castles. Think of the possibilities. 

A bunch of stone slabs roughly thrown together to create a table covered with corpses and scraps of flesh in various half eaten states as a dark reflection of a feasting table would make for a pretty cool terrain piece as well imo.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

They can't do the other way. After the tome of today (mixed grots) and LON like tomes (BoC...), all the olds armies will get the same treatment. Next (supposedly) is darkoath but it seems that Rat-tome is on the way: which will be the first?????

For both factions, they just have to add a battleline plastic kit (with options) and eventually a big one (not really needed for skaven)

Never mind it’s rather clear that they are thinking of combining them.  At least the way they expressed this new relelase are hinting at it:

“two of the Mortal Realms’ most voracious factions – the skittering skaven....”

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I could easily imagine a centrepiece hero for FEC that’s a bit like the Nighthaunt Kurdoss Valentian model. 

Picture a ghoul king in tattered rags and ermine, a rusted, battered, gore dripped makeshift crown upon his brow, perched high on a throne of bones, on a palanquin held aloft by several ghoul retainers in brightly coloured rags, with a musician and herald either side bearing grisly, cadaverous totems.

Just throw in a large terrain piece that’s modelled on a huge courtly feast, humans strung up on spits like pigs, etcetc.

• Like 5