The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, wast8 said:

sorry new to forum. Just wondering if anyone heard about the new box set ? I heard it is Order vs Death.

Hi, welcome !

Yeah as @RuneBrush (enjoy WF you lucky grot!!) it's probably going to be Stormcast Eternals against Nighthaunt.

The Stormcast may be Wizards, so new models (not Extremis, IIRC, that's the Dragons guys). 

This novel, Soul Wars, by Josh Reynolds, is apparently about this new box set / narrative arc. 

You can see Nighthaunt and new Stormcast on the cover. So indeed Death vs Order :) 

We may get a teaser of the box this Saturday at Warhammer Fest !

Soul Wars.jpg

1 hour ago, Aryann said:

The last faction will probably not be Moonclan but new Stormcasts. 

I hope not, they already got to much.

30Battalions to choose from 19units and 18Heros.

i literally don’t know any faction with its own Battletome, having so many units and Battalion to choose from.

the time has definitely come for other army’s, which lack off literally everything like Slaanesh, Moonclan, Skaven (verminus, Moulder, eshin, masterclan), Grots, Gutbusters and all the other faction I forgot to mention

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I hope not, they already got to much.

30Battalions to choose from 19units and 18Heros.

i literally don’t know any faction with its own Battletome, having so many units and Battalion to choose from.

the time has definitely come for other army’s, which lack off literally everything like Slaanesh, Moonclan, Skaven (verminus, Moulder, eshin, masterclan), Grots, Gutbusters and all the other faction I forgot to mention

Unfortunately, profit will drive the decision, and Stormcast are very profitable and popular. I can't wait for the Skaven tome and new Ogor stuff, but I'm ok to wait if it takes more Stormcast to fill the coffers before concentrating on less popular forces. 

So, for anybody attending WH Fest this weekend, the seminar schedule has just been put up.

https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2018/05/08/warhammer-fest-2018-seminars-and-pods/

Of interest for AoS:

Saturday 11am - New Releases Seminar; 12pm - Forge World Future Products and Q&A

Sunday 11am - Designing and Painting the Idoneth Deepkin; 12pm - Forge World Future Products and Q&A; 1pm - Warhammer Design Studio Rules Writing Seminar

Seminars are always difficult as you can only pick up a ticket for one when you get to the Ricoh and then others based on availability after 11am (when you'll likely be in a seminar)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

That seminar would suggest tga adventures in middle earth and adeptus titanicus both release before aos 2.

so aos 2 more like 30 June at open day 

I think that or they're out this weekend or the next (and they don't want to reveal it).  I'm more inclined to go with the AoS Open Day though with the first copies of AT on sale or to view this weekend.

AT is going to be a massive release, you've the rules and then a number of plastic models coming out - so at least 3 Titans, Knights and scenery and then alternative resin weapons.  I reckon we're looking 3 ~ 4 weeks.  However it's pretty common for GW to bring out releases for more than one system - this week we had Idoneth, Bloodbowl and Necromunda.  That said I do think we may have a few week's cooldown on AoS because Idoneth have just come out and been a massive release in the grand scheme of things.

18 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I think that or they're out this weekend or the next (and they don't want to reveal it).  I'm more inclined to go with the AoS Open Day though with the first copies of AT on sale or to view this weekend.

I suspect they are just showing them off as they have gotten to the stage where they are all finished to be released later this year. Did the same with Shadespire last year as it helps build the hype up for the games. 

Also if Adeptus Titanicus is out later this year, that is me sorted :D 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I suspect they are just showing them off as they have gotten to the stage where they are all finished to be released later this year. Did the same with Shadespire last year as it helps build the hype up for the games. 

Also if Adeptus Titanicus is out later this year, that is me sorted :D 

Think you're right, it's been well over a year since we saw the rulebook cover so can see it being one game that gets hyped!  FW were asked by the Community team to not run another 28mm scale AT game this year at the Weekender, so I'm wondering if we might see this in the area WHTV are using...

This year is certainly shaping up to be a great one for releases across all the systems, though I continuously hear the pitiful screams of my wallet xD  I'm keeping my fingers crossed the pre-6am start is early enough to get a seminar ticket for the New Releases Seminar

8 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

AT is going to be a massive release, you've the rules and then a number of plastic models coming out - so at least 3 Titans, Knights and scenery and then alternative resin weapons.  I reckon we're looking 3 ~ 4 weeks.  However it's pretty common for GW to bring out releases for more than one system - this week we had Idoneth, Bloodbowl and Necromunda.  That said I do think we may have a few week's cooldown on AoS because Idoneth have just come out and been a massive release in the grand scheme of things.

The two white dwarf hints for next month are both aos related. At the end of May we will be coming off the back of two 40k codexes. I think the May 26th preorder will be Aos magic. Imperial knights will take up most of the June preorders then we will get the big aos release in July followed by Orks and Killteam. 

Middle Earth will be a forgeworld release like Horus Heresy so it will not take up a week in the main schedule.

Adeptus Titanicus will probably come out in the autumn like Bloodbowl and Necromunda did. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting to hear the rumors about the Ironjawz, I didn't think we'd see GW circle back to early AoS releases(other than Stormcast of course) until late next year or even 2020.  There's been rumbling that the reason the 40k Orks codex is one of the last ones to come out is that it's going to be a big release with new models. Even though Orks/Orruks don't cross universes like the Chaos stuff, I wonder if GW will be doing a big release for all things Or* across 40k and AoS.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Interesting to hear the rumors about the Ironjawz, I didn't think we'd see GW circle back to early AoS releases(other than Stormcast of course) until late next year or even 2020.  There's been rumbling that the reason the 40k Orks codex is one of the last ones to come out is that it's going to be a big release with new models. Even though Orks/Orruks don't cross universes like the Chaos stuff, I wonder if GW will be doing a big release for all things Or* across 40k and AoS.

Oh man I sure hope so! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Thebiggesthat said:

Oh and heard nothing on a second Deepkin wave, I'd expect someone has seen something similar and put 2 and 2 and got 5. The only thing I've heard is new Ironjaws, and potentially new Sylvaneth, just to flesh out factions. But definitely Ironjaws

13 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I’ve also heard solid rumours about second wave ironjawz release at end of this year or start of next. Expecting the range to go from 7 kits to 11-12. The description I had was that they released the standard kits first and this second wave would be wackier and crazier. Moonclan should be first for destruction though. 

Very interesting. I've long hoped for a second wave and did firmly believe it would happen at some point or another...though I didn't expect it to be this year.

Where have these rumours come from? Be awesome if legit.

18 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Oh man I sure hope so! 

You and me both! I've been holding off painting my 40K Orks until the new Codex drops.

40k orcs definitely come first - I’m expecting a preview of the evil sunz soon.

ironjawz are done as far as I’m aware. But release date is probably 2019 - somethings are being pushed forward into the 2018 year though so it’s possible .

by comparison I was told that only 2 sisters of battle are currently finished.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

comparison I was told that only 2 sisters of battle are currently finished

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand thanks to CAD that means nearly all squads are done. A bit of repositioning and cleanup, some weapon changes and tada, you have an army. Design's done, boys. 

On second waves: Sylvaneth and iron jaws make sens, their ranges are smale compared to what GW rolles out as armies nowadays, Idoneth - not so much, they are brand new and have a huge variety of sets available, before they are expanded, we will see other new factions, old ones expanded and at least 5 new chambers of Sigmarines.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Compare the gums on that picture to gobbla and then to a megaboss. Looks more like the former. 

It doesn't really look like either and it's really been too long since we've had proper new squigs that we don't have much to work with for comparison. The protruding openness of the mouth is what has me doubting it's actually and orc of some flavor.

1 minute ago, LLV said:

AoS 2 end of July, so they might wait for open day to announce. Expect to see things on the new magic set though. 

Hmmm, intertesting !

The big FAQ and Soul Wars are confirmed for release in July, tho. A FAQ and a "new edition" ?

And you mean expect to see at Warhammer fest ? I can't wait Saturday :D 

As @Chikout said, next month (so around 8th June) is Malign Portents AND magic according to the White Dwarf teaser.... Maybe new AOS will be starched of June and July ? But then, "end" of July.... I'm pretty excited, nice. 

Damn so if everything pans out we’re looking at: 

- Magic Supplement 

- Continuation Of MP

- AoS 2

- Nighthaunt

- Stormcast Wizards

- Moonclan 

- Slaanesh

- Ironjawz

All in around half a year or so. That plus the start of this year really bodes well for AoS and the GW teams enhanced production capabilities.

Just now, AthlorianStoners said:

Damn so if everything pans out we’re looking at: 

- Magic Supplement 

- Continuation Of MP

- AoS 2

- Nighthaunt

- Stormcast Wizards

- Moonclan 

- Slaanesh

- Ironjawz

All in around half a year or so. That plus the start of this year really bodes well for AoS and the GW teams enhanced production capabilities.

IMO that'd be more : 

1. Magic supplement / Magic scenery (Etheric Vortex) - June 2018 

2. AOS 2 / Big FAQ / New Starter about Soul Wars and MP / Nighthaunt Army / Wizcats (Army ?) - July 2018

3. Moonclan - Fall 2018 

4. Slaanesh - End 2018 

5. Ironjawz / Sylvaneth / Idoneth (2nd waves) - Start 2019 

6. Grotbag Scuttlers - 2019 

Still rumored : Skavens, Darkoath. Note that 1 et 2 may be the same thing, and that the Stormcasts are maybe not a whole army...

• Like 1