The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I would be shocked, impressed, and disappointed if it was only a Shadespire warband and not a full chamber release

Remember how the first WHU core set mirrored the first Starter set in terms of content ?

I'm sure the two new WHU war bands (that is, Ghosts and new SCE) will be of the same factions of the two new armies in the new Starter set. 

GREAT

So the video for the spikey purple ball - based on the end scene does anyone else think that this could be an expansion (re) introducing the winds of magic into AoS . Maybe a bit similar to the warhammer one that had fulcrum and such and maybe we will get cards like the old skool warhammer magic set!

Edited by LLV
Spelling

18 minutes ago, LLV said:

So the video for the spikey purple ball - based on the end scene does anyone else think that this could be an expansion (re) introducing the winds of magic into AoS . Maybe a bit similar to the warhammer one that had fulcrum and such and maybe we will get cards like the old skool warhammer magic set!

Impressions being given that we may be getting an expanded magic book. 

4 minutes ago, Sharkbelly said:

No sign of the Mistweaver in that video, as far as I can tell.

image.png.f569d8cce353d2c0b5fd09b67fc7d3d9.pngimage.png.c2f711fb9c8d167c03282e0a862df0f7.png

Not the mist weaver per se - but the helmets and armor aren't that dissimilar that they couldn't be part of the same team.

Edited by Mortarch
  • Like 5

Yeah, in addition to the mirror masks showing up on several units in the video, it's also worth noting that Mistweaver's hair and fabric are sculpted and painted just like all the plumes and cloaks on these new minis.  

Tenebrael Shard doesn't match them as well as Mistweaver does, but I'm not counting him out just yet either. There are a few Deepkin that have similar finger-blades.

We also know that this video does not show the entire Deepkin range,  so I'm still convinced that rumors that she is one of them were true, and I can't help but still suspect that Shard is as well, especially after seeing that official artwork of him with all the swirling blue.

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin1gfdwcs.jpg

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin2jvdc.jpg

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin3kvdkig.jp

Damn, is that Teclis? 

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin4kvcdjgs.jpg (1000×750)

Nice release, maybe even the best one GW did for AoS thus far - these are exactly the crazy and bold designs that I expect as compensation for blowing um 30+ years of worldbuilding ^^. 
Adepticon had a realy strong reveal both with AoS and 40 - Knight households, Death where both good and welcome Teaser reveals, but man SoB news realy was crazy - and the Shadespire cards rise hope for intersting models that hopefully not only are factions/subfactions bound to the game but spill over to AoS.

But: Damn thos ID are wonderful!

Edited by Bloodmaster

4 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

The purple ball might be a summonable spell, similar to the balewind vortex.

Yeah I think it's the Purple Sun of Xereus. 

10 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin3kvdkig.jp

Damn, is that Teclis? 

An Aspect of Mathlann is the report. Appearntly there are a couple of variant Aspects of Mathlann as well. 

11 hours ago, Jamopower said:

I'm not sure which one I'm waiting the most; the Deepkin, the Adeptus titanicus game or new rulebook for Middle Earth SBG. All will be very tempting for me.

Well, nothing on the latter two, but the Deepkin have nice models, unfortunately the infantry is nothing special. Well have to wait for more pics. The mistweaver esthetics are what I was looking for,but the thralls are bit too bulky for my taste.

Looking at that video I count. 

Foot guys (dual build?)

Archers (dual build?)

Eels (dual build!)

Big eels with two riders (dual build?)

Big turtle (4 builds apparently) 

Big water cloak guy (dual build apparently )

Sea horse guy

Big helmet pilot light guy

Octopus bodyguard lady

Jumping lady

Bald staff guy.

Scenery.

That is eleven kits so far. GW have confirmed there is more we haven't seen yet.

Guess that 8 kit rumour was false. What an amazing release. This will be the army I spend the next two years building and painting for sure.

• Like 2

Thank you Games Workshop. This is how a 10/10 release looks like. Deepkin are great. You can count on me and I'm picking two battleforce boxes in December (this and DoK) and expansions for my current forces (Stormcasts, Bloodbound, Sylvaneth and Kharadrons). 

Edited by Aryann