The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2746#disqus_thread

The guy (temouloun) that told us about Custodes and TS in november and about DoK has spoken:

This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to bad-ass Atlantean Spartans.

God this sounds awesome. I hope it’s true. Although this and DoK is gonna be expensive. 

so if it is a terrain piece, explain how the fish are swimming on land and why a sunken ship would be on land with aquatic life living off it while not in water? I guess magic.. but for a game that is land based battles im a tad perplexed how all the armies could fight underwater.. or how all underwater things could fight on land that would otherwise require the ocean or body of water for them to exist, even in this setting.

do they roll around in giant spheres of water and engage in battle? not trying to be sarcastic, im really curious how they will do this.

Either way, if this is a terrain piece, one can make a great ghostly ship for the undead rules that came out prior to this nagash one..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sete said:

Bad ass Atlantean Spartans. 

Since I'm born and raised in an Atlantic island, I'm already sold. Hit me up Aelfs riding sea horses. 

but once its on land doesn't it just become a regular horse? like rats outside, mice are inside. like if a mouse goes outside does it become a rat and if a rats inside the house is it a mouse?

Paradox

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

but once its on land doesn't it just become a regular horse? like rats outside, mice are inside. like if a mouse goes outside does it become a rat and if a rats inside the house is it a mouse?

Duuuuuuuuude. Na it's still a sea horse cause its not a land horse

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

so if it is a terrain piece, explain how the fish are swimming on land and why a sunken ship would be on land with aquatic life living off it while not in water? I guess magic.. but for a game that is land based battles im a tad perplexed how all the armies could fight underwater.. or how all underwater things could fight on land that would otherwise require the ocean or body of water for them to exist, even in this setting.

do they roll around in giant spheres of water and engage in battle? not trying to be sarcastic, im really curious how they will do this.

Either way, if this is a terrain piece, one can make a great ghostly ship for the undead rules that came out prior to this nagash one..

I had the same question...how could this work? Then a friend made it all clear...giant crustaceans (lobsters, crabs, etc.), snakes, and serpents.

They'd be water creatures that can also walk/crawl about and battle on land.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2746#disqus_thread

The guy (temouloun) that told us about Custodes and TS in november and about DoK has spoken:

This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to bad-ass Atlantean Spartans.

Some of the High Elves had a sea theme (Sea Guard and the the other Lothernmodels) as well as the Dark Elf Corsair stuff. I could see them rolling these all together with some new models for a big release.  Would be cool.  But who are they tied to, Tyrion, Teclis or big Mal? Guess we will see.

• Like 1

This is a quote from tomouloun from 4 months ago. Screenshot_2018-02-17-09-02-41.png.0b364e4761f246a001061b4f5c66f338.pngGiven how accurate that has turned out to be, I absolutely believe that this rumour is true. Very very excited for this release. Also isn't it crazy that in mid February we are already getting our fourth battletome of the year teased. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I completely believe in atlantean sea elves. I’m pretty convinced this is actually where the eighth edition fluff was going with sea lord Aislinn and mathlann reborn. Also the sinking of ulthuan.

im very interested to see if the mistweaver saih fits into this as the mist mages were originally part of the storm of chaos sea elf army 

• Like 4

Helps people save money and prepare? This way you can decide what plastic crack to buy lol? What if someone likes. Dok but not sea elves? Or even a 40k release. Granted sea elves come mighty close to topping sky pirate dwarves for me. Also ironic to see the tropes flipping. Usually dwarves underground now elves. 

I probably wouldn't connect the teaser to the sea elves, it's easy to miss the internet rumors, when you're busy most of your time. At best I'd think it's going to be a new scenery, dread fleet or man'o war reboot.

If the rumour is true, I'll have some cool sea creatures to paint.

8 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I’m pretty convinced this is actually where the eighth edition fluff was going with sea lord Aislinn and mathlann reborn.

If they would choose to use that element, it'd be really interesting story to read.

I was disappointed with the result of the Malign Portents countdown..aka the reveal of it's website... But it seems that 2018 will be one of the best if not the best Warhammer year for me since I started playing many years ago!

I love everything seen / rumoured so far. Maggotkin, DoK and now this rumour and like @Chikout said. We are only month 2:x!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, elfhead said:

Allthough I love my elves I have my reservations about these rumoured aquatic elves. There is something weird about aquatic creatures crawling onto dry land to wage war. But GW can Probably pull it off... If it is true that is.

This....although I bet it would look really nice. Aquatic creatures on land is quite awkward. Though if the sea horses in mention was a chimera of a horse and a seahorse it might look ok, a sea dragon could also look agile enough on land....

maybe they could live on sunken islands who the can magically rise to the surface, run into the beach and charge....I have the cinematic stunning in my head now....I’ve changed my mind. It would be awesome!

8 minutes ago, Baardah said:

This....although I bet it would look really nice. Aquatic creatures on land is quite awkward. Though if the sea horses in mention was a chimera of a horse and a seahorse it might look ok, a sea dragon could also look agile enough on land....

maybe they could live on sunken islands who the can magically rise to the surface, run into the beach and charge....I have the cinematic stunning in my head now....I’ve changed my mind. It would be awesome!

Yeah, aelfs riding literal fishes could be awkward.

Maybe they are going for more fish-inspired magical creatures (like how the screamers of tzeentch are basicly deamonic rays). 
Or maybe they arent living creatures at all, instead magical constructs inspired by aquatic animals?
Like the constructs in Disneys Atlantis: 

Atlantis-disneyscreencaps_com-38.jpg.7ca74df90214904fe475ae4f50361b9b.jpgFlying_Stone_Fish.jpg.d71296108bce814002a95fbe15ac03d3.jpg

• Thanks 1

Temouloun posted a bit more and he posted that he saw the new Aelves.

• "Neither really. Something completely new. The foot infantry are the best models I've ever seen coming from GW, with a very audacious design. Something between the Sylvaneth Spite-Revenants and the greek looking Slaanesh Hellstriders."
  • "I can't say haha. No Malerion/Teclis/Tyrion, but Mathlann a lot."
  • "Big ones and very big ones. (on a question if there are sharks... )"
  • "Actually no, they're true underwater creature... So I guess they fly when above water ? I didn't read the fluff yet."

Very interesting rumours!

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1