The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I think it's more when stuff is shared via the official aos Facebook page I take that to mean it has some relation to aos. Yesterday they shared something about a huge preview starting today so I thought we'd get something even if just a "hype" image. For the same reason the daemon engine was slightly irritating in that it was obviously 40k only yet posted on the aos page each day. 

Also kill team makes me laugh in a way, it started off as basic troops only, then heroes and now elites. If they add vehicles they'll have a really great battle game on their hands... 

Promotional channel used to promote products.  You cant really expect them to not put out sales hype just because whats revealed so far is not the correct game system?  Yeah annoying but they would be derelict in their duty not promoting their new stuff to as many people as possible. We dont even know if AoS isnt coming yet.

@rattila that's exactly what GW wants from Killteam. It's a product designed to present Warhammer as CHEAPER to get into. By slashing the cost to get involved it increase the chance of people getting a box of troops - a leader - a box of neat elites - oh guess you've nearly got 500 points to try 40K now - oh wait you've now got 1K points hey now you've got an army without realising it. 

It's a fantastic idea and is popular iwth established gamers too because it lets them have a quicker game with fewer models - perhaps fitting in around a more busy life that doesn't allow a whole 5 hours of the evening for a single 40K match 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, stato said:

Promotional channel used to promote products.  You cant really expect them to not put out sales hype just because whats revealed so far is not the correct game system?  

I understand why they are doing this but still it feels a bit like.

SONY: ”So we has some exciting news for you?”

US: what?

SONY: Microsoft is making a new Xbox!

...🤨

But as I have said before I love these revealshows however I honestly expect nothing.

• Haha 2

I will admit I only got into warhammer last year (I had the rogue trader book back in the day but not enough money for figures).  I got into it because of kill team.  I have like 8 kill teams (AdMech, GSC, BA,StD, IG, RT, Gellerpox, and the Blackstone heroes)   now a 2000 point Stormcast Army, close to 2000 Nighthaunt, and almost 1000 points of Khorne.  The strategy worked on me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

People are saying that hyping up a new battletome is annoying*, but I just want to say, I would find a new faction a lot less interesting than a KO battletome rewrite. Just saying

Edit: hyping up a battletome more than a faction, new battletomes are usually exciting.

Spoiled brats

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sttufe said:

People are saying that hyping up a new battletome is annoying, but I just want to say, I would find a new faction a lot less interesting than a KO battletome rewrite. Just saying

Spoiled brats

I played my first two games with my Overlords last weekend. Went 1-1.

Yeah, wow, they have issues.

Well they straight up say they'll have news for Warhammer boxed games and board games, so I wouldn't expect any AoS stuff. I imagine they'll show off some Shadespire, maybe a new Warhammer quest thing. The best we can hope for is the reveal of Warcry.

• Like 1

Well if theu actually did reveal some new quest thing I would be one happy camper.

Loved Silver tower and Hammerhal but making your own quests is a very complicated tasks with no mapeditors  or much to get you on the way so the game tend to die out once your have completed the main story. A shame cause it could have been a really great sandbox experience whether you wanted to use a gamemaster or go co-op.

Edited by Greasygeek

Holy moly, whenever there is a "reveal" we seemingly have to have the same ****** discussion over and over again. (and on an unrelated thread as well)

At this point I'm not sure if GW is at fault for hyping too much or you guys are just terrible at managing your emotions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Holy moly, whenever there is a "reveal" we seemingly have to have the same ****** discussion over and over again. (and on an unrelated thread as well)

At this point I'm not sure if GW is at fault for hyping too much or you guys are just terrible at managing your emotions.

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just want to remind you to be nice to people on TGA. Just because you aren’t a fan of the way people react to GW reveals, doesn’t mean you have to read or reply in this thread.

I do however think GW have gotten to the stage where players expect more when shown stuff.

• Like 3

It just has nothing to do with rumours and this thread is pretty much locked into a periodic state flow, with the same non-related topics popping up week after week and month after month. (often initiated by the same people who just waited for their chance to pounce once more on their favorite thing)

There should be at least one or better several other "never ending" threads e.g. "general discussion", "state of the meta" or "gw something" to drain this and other sections of the board from the same reoccurring topics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xasz said:

It just has nothing to do with rumours and this thread is pretty much locked into a periodic state flow, with the same non-related topics popping up week after week and month after month. (often initiated by the same people who just waited for their chance to pounce once more on their favorite thing)

There should be at least one or better several other "never ending" threads e.g. "general discussion", "state of the meta" or "gw something" to drain this and other sections of the board from the same reoccurring topics. 

Right, I challenge you to have a conversation with your gaming group about some Rumours. Now after a short period of time, is the conversation still on Rumours? ;) 

You also need to remember that people get excited about the stuff that's coming out and it's okay for them to express themselves about it (that's what this forum is for). Just let the mods poke things back on topic and let us know by either a report or message. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Raviv said:

My guess for the three upcoming updates:

#1 more information about the boardgames we already heard about.

#2 Warcry

#3 A 30 seconds teaser for something new, possibly the next AoS battletome/army.

Maybe Warcry will come first.

This is what I'm expecting/hoping for. I suspect with Adepticon not far away, we will see a teaser for something really cool and I think people will get really excited.

3 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Well if theu actually did reveal some new quest thing I would be one happy camper.

Loved Silver tower and Hammerhal but making your own quests is a very complicated tasks with no mapeditors  or much to get you on the way so the game tend to die out once your have completed the main story. A shame cause it could have been a really great sandbox experience whether you wanted to use a gamemaster or go co-op.

Well, listent to the Stormcast episode with Pete Foley, then ;) But yeah I'm 100% with you with WHQ. (And that Warcry thing of course). 

12 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

I'm not watching it again to check, but I thought on that he just said that WHQ is in the 40k universe for now, but that it would come back to AoS at some point, didn't sound to me like theyd even started thinking about it yet

Yeah.  Aos warhammer Quest is a way off. They definitely won't do until they have finished the planned expansions for Blackstone fortress. The rumour is that there will be at least 3 more of those.

Aos Quest will be 2020 or 2021 at the earliest.

So depending on the outcome of 8pm UK time today all awake until 1am to see what else is announced? :)

Jokes aside Warcry would be the most interesting news coming out of this expo. I mean a new battletome/army is always good news but something more generic maybe with new shadespire-like units available to broader armies would be much more interesting! 

• LOVE IT! 1