The Rumour Thread

After preview of the Khorne book, which already is in the new format, it's pretty certain that all of the "1st edition" books will be re-released with endless whatever. 

Soulblight looks interesting. Hopefully they'll do some sweet, but not over the top vampires. There is always the potential of them being "Undead marines".

The sylvaneth warband is a sure buy for me. I only have five and need eight for a Saga warband. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Oh wow this image! Fyreslayers, Stormcast, Soulblight, Tzeentch, Slaanesh. Nurgle, Gutbusters battletomes this year!!?

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-NewBattletomes27tceg.jpg

this was original banner during AoS 2

AoSRealms-May12-FactionInfograph7wv.jpg.36d22de2ae90a09168b31f6a7a380528.jpg.b88a10216ecc13e20744c0821b30d2b8.jpg

I am not sure if covering up Khorne because their release was announce todays means that this was a hint or not. (I kind of hope it is so we get to see a Fyreslayer and Ogor battletome)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

I think we are somewhat spoiled...

I mean, the Output and Quality right now is insane. Remember the old WHFB time, it was horrible. 

Now everyone gets just awesome stuff.

Love the sylvaneth warband !

Khorne battletome? Why not! I am Happy for them! Endless Prayers? Really looking good.

The Future really Looks bright.

No, i am Not a fanboy... I am just comparing things to older times and i Just see no reason to mock about anything.

Edited by rosa
Edit
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Guys, this circular conversation is getting very boring already. It's really not that difficult to have a quick scan over the last page before posting.

Once more for the people in the back:

That image is reused art of the Grand Alliances from the rulebook, there's no reason to think it's representative of what battletomes are coming

That aside...

My expectations from this were fairly low, but I'm still disappointed at some stuff.

I suspected a new campaign was coming, that's cool to see. 

A Khorne battletome is... whatever, I suspect almost everyone is getting one this year so it doesn't really matter the order. But I think having Khorne Endless Spells (or whatever they want to call them) is really lame. Feels like that's purely a business decision, rather than because it makes sense for the game. In general, I'm really not a fan of the trend with AOS Khorne where they just keep giving them more and more clearly magical powers, but give them a different name that makes it okay... just feels really weird to me to take this faction that has maybe the clearest theme in the game, and then keep diluting them with stuff like this. But hey, I'm not a Khorne player - hopefully the people who are are happy.

Warcry has me a little worried. AOS getting a proper skirmish game? Yay! But it's all about Chaos? Oh... I suspect GW's intent is that, by focusing in on one Grand Alliance, the game will be much easier to write and balance - they don't have to dedicate 300 pages just to providing stats and advancement tables for every single thing in AOS. And that totally makes sense, but as someone who doesn't like the aesthetic of AOS Chaos, it feels really exclusionary. Feels like waiting ages to bite into an apple pie, only to find it's actually full of toothpaste... 

• Like 1

Really sour reveals for AoS.

Forbidden Power: Endless Spells 2, Electric Boogaloo: 17 new ways to deal D3 mortal wounds.

The Khorne 3.0 that nobody asked for, with totally not endless spells.

Sylvaneth warband for WHU looks well sculpted but a bit samey.

War Cry better not mean a discontinuation of WHU. I would assume arena gladiatorial combat between chaos, chaos, chaos and chaos.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

I’ll be honest I went to bed a bit nervous about what the reactions to all the over-night reveals would be but have to say I’m not disappointed. 

Grasping at imaginary clues, taking other people’s guesses as set in stone facts and then taking personal offence at them, unmerited anger, grotesque entitlement, passive aggressive despair, Dead Sea level saltiness. It’s been a classic of the genre. 🤪🔨

Anyway Sylvaneth warband look good, lots of battletomes sounds good, possible totally new things sounds good, a campaign would be nice and I think the KT & WH:U team have done a good enough job that Warcry is an insta-buy whether it’s set in the AllPoints or an Azyr McDonald’s franchise.

Also thanks to Black Fortress & that ace Harkan models, those ****** have got me building a Black Legion army now and I don’t even play 40K, so 💯 WANT that goat sorcerer model.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

You know I'm actually pretty glad we're getting updated battletomes for some (if not all) of the old 1.0 battletomes. I get where people are coming from, they've been waiting ages for their factions tome and some of these have already had multiple but it makes sense to pull the errata into it (for convenience but mostly for new players who probably have no idea the errata even exists) and give the rules another look and progress their lore to pull them into line with the 2.0 battletomes with a couple endless spells, terrain piece and maybe a model or two to give people already playing those factions something new to mess with. The way I see it the quicker they get them done and dusted the quicker it opens them up to developing new and batletomeless factions.

43 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

Really sour reveals for AoS.

Forbidden Power: Endless Spells 2, Electric Boogaloo: 17 new ways to deal D3 mortal wounds.

The Khorne 3.0 that nobody asked for, with totally not endless spells.

Sylvaneth warband for WHU looks well sculpted but a bit samey.

War Cry better not mean a discontinuation of WHU. I would assume arena gladiatorial combat between chaos, chaos, chaos and chaos.

Warcry will be set in the allpoints but will almost certainly feature every grand alliance, just like underworlds doesn't only feature death. 

They probably don't want to do another edition of underworlds this year. There is nothing to stop them adding new warbands every now and then. The game is still very popular.Screenshot_2019-02-08-16-08-01.png.900bc5a1f5eb7e208563f5bd957a807f.png

This art suggests we will get some new minis with the game too. I can't place any of them.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Serious question:

How many people complaining here have been in the hobby for under 5 years?

I see most of complains as reaction of spoiled children, but maybe it's just me 😅
From the time before, you had nothing for year and now that you have so many news cool stuff going out, it's hard to keep up.

Anyway some pretty cool new things, the sylvaneth are really pretty, I'll be happy to have a squad of revenant with bow now! (and a new bt pretty please)
I wont comments 40k release, but really ,leather tunic and gloves?!

I'm wondering if forbiden power will be similar to conquest, as in just a campaign box?

If they continu this pace, 2019 will be glorious!

Anamnesis

Edited by Anamnesis
  • Like 3

People who think khorne don't need a new tome are wrong. 

1} there is a lot of errata not in the book including their entire summoning mechanic. 

2) a lot of waracrolls have changed in wrath and rapture. 

3) the entire army is balanced on the assumption you have a bloodsecrator giving +1 attack. 

It's also easy to make a new battletome for an army with loads of existing art and lore. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Warcry will be set in the allpoints but will almost certainly feature every grand alliance

Plus it could be set in the All-Points in the way the original Skirmish book was 'set in Shadespire', that is they use the setting for a campaign or some fluff in the rulebook but after that you can then do what you want with the rules and set your games anywhere.

Maybe it's a boardgame, maybe it's a hybrid skirmish/card game, maybe it's a Chaos karaoke game, who knows seeing as we have absolutely nothing to go on yet apart from who was involved in designing it and the name.

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

It's also easy to make a new battletome for an army with loads of existing art and lore. 

Plus Khorne made half the original starter set didn't it. So pretty good chance most new players that got into the game in the first year or so of it being launched have a fair few Khorne models lying around somewhere, along with the release of W&R that should make it an easy (easier at least) sell I'd have thought.

Ive been playing for over 5 years. The preview was lackluster. They marketed it as game changing for whatever you play, and the best preview ever. The only people who are going to be excited about it are Khorne fans and Underworlds fans. Forbidden Power/Warcry might end up being a big deal, but their announcement was a super teaser which we have nothing to go off other than the name. Personally I would have held back the FEC/Skaven stuff and announced them as going on pre-order in 2 days - that would have been mind blowing and exciting. I don't have a problem with the products they are turning out, but the way they did this preview was way underwhelming compared to what I expected and what they have done in the past.

Was hoping to see a bit more models but I like the news what so ever.

- Updated battletomes for the 1st ed. Is a great news(though we kinda suspected it due to the FEC tome). 

- warscry: hopefully this is the Skirmish game that we have wished for. It at least explains why the Skirmish 2.0 didn’t adress half of the stuff that was lacking from the first skirmish. If this release is to be similar(ish) to kill team, then I guess we might see a lot of scenery and board tiles too. Really hoping so.

- Love that Soulwars isn’t done yet. To cool a storyline to end it already. I also believe that this is the reason Slaanesh remains locked up. The great pink escape is one major plotline meant for its own and not to steal Nagash’s 15minuttes of fame. 

- Stormvaults.. so eh.. don’t know what this is but I think Gw has used up all of their ‘Storm’ words for SCE and Also the words: ‘Blood’ and ‘skull’ when it comes to khorne stuff😉 BLOODreavers BLOODletters, BLOODwarriors, BLOODcrushers, BLOODsecreator, BLOODthirster etc.. 

- All in all it looks like 2019 is the year that actually allows for some elbowspace as I was hoping for, yet still we will see lots of new stuff, but the badics remain the same. Looking forward to that.

@Chikout With Archaon (probably) speaking in the video, the title being "answer the Call of Chaos" like the Black Library stories, and the setting being the Chaos-held Eightpoint and the Varanspire, the game looks strongly Chaos focused... BUT we could see other Grand Alliances as, for once, antagonists of the game. 

If Warcry is to be the AOS Killteam, competitive like Underworlds, with high quality and typical models like Mordheim was once, it really should include all races and factions. But as of now it "only" looks Chaos centric. (As a Chaos player I don't mind, but as someone waiting for a good AOS Mordheim, I'd be sad if we only have Chaos guys in the game :P )

38 minutes ago, Anamnesis said:

I'm wondering if forbiden power will be similar to conquest, as in just a campaign box?

I think the keyword with 'Forbidden Power' is that it's described as an 'Age of Sigmar Expansion' in the same way 'Malign Sorcery' was.

So my guess is boxset with chunky models for everyone and new rules of some kind. I had originally thought it would just be more faction agnostic Endless Spells but oddly less sure of that now, it's still the most likely option but could be something similar.

One possibility is it could be a box of weird and wonderful non-faction-specific 'magic' terrain, that would hit the check boxes of making the game more visual, gets more terrain out there onto tables and since all the faction specific terrain is points free it allows armies without those releases yet to take something and not be left out.

You know, 'with magic unleashed across the realms thanks to Nagash's Necroquake the very land itself has become saturated with arcane energy, yadda yadda yadda'

Not sure how they'd get an extra rulebook out of that but guess it could just be an update of the MS one with the realm rules, spells, artefacts etc in again with some additional new nonsense for people to get up in arms about.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1