The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Kronos said:

@Skabnoze, defnitley different kits. The faces, bodies and leg don’t match at all. Either sperate kits which is the most likley, or something like the rat ogres and giant rats where you need to pirchase both, but I highly doubt that.

Yeah.  The faces I could see being different within the kit but the rest of it is too different to be in the same box I think.

If you look close it appears that the face is a single piece that glues onto the body.  There is a definite skin wrinkle/ripple that goes around the neck/jaw and is most likely hiding the connection seam.  The squigs in both sets look like the assemble the same and the bits can probably be interchanged between the kits (like the heads).  Also the connection point for the riders to hold onto the sguiqs appears to be part of the head.  So I expect that you can freely interchange the bodies between the two kits and with a slight bit of effort you could interchange the heads.

This kits reminds me a lot of the plastic Pink Horrors.  In those kits the body assembles in left/right pieces with the tongue and inner mouth on the body and then the jaws and face glue onto the assembled torso.  It looks to me like this kit is going to assemble in a similar way.

Edited by Skabnoze

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

Older versions of fanatics had this same type of movement.  The Brian Nelson metal sculpts that were the version prior to the plastic version appear to have very much inspired this resculpt.  Prior to the Brian Nelson sculpts there was the Kev Adams sculpts from the early 90s that did not have a lot of movement but really embodied the silliness and drunkeness of the Night Goblins.  And then the versions prior to that from the 80s while not having as much detail definitely conveyed a lot of movement and did a good job making it look like the goblin was out of control and going wherever the weight of the ball took them rather than controlling the swing of the ball & chain.

that's cool! Googled an image of all the different models, and I see what you mean. 

11 minutes ago, Fisher KIng said:

A whole article about the designers approach and not one mention of Spiderfang. I hope I'm wrong but my faction may have died.

That's because they talking about the new models. Spiderfang are all old models. They have not died, they are all through out the new battletome, there are loads of shots of them in there.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Which still doesn’t sound very snake like, nor look like it from the one we’ve seen (Underworlds). 

That picture is fuzzy enough that I would not be surprised if it was something totally different than what most people are speculating.  I think a giant centipede is a really cool idea.  If that is what it is then great!  But I would also not be surprised if it turned out to be something different.

Where is Star Trek or CSI when you need them?  ENHANCE

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fisher KIng said:

A whole article about the designers approach and not one mention of Spiderfang. I hope I'm wrong but my faction may have died.

They're definitely not dead, they've been fully integrated into the Gloomspite Gitz with two of the four endless spells themed around them. I think it's safe to say there will be some new models revealed for them building up to release.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

They're definitely not dead, they've been fully integrated into the Gloomspite Gitz with two of the four endless spells themed around them. I think it's safe to say there will be some new models revealed for them building up to release.

Moonclan and Spiderfang are quite different aesthetics and I’m really excited to see any models that might help link them. Giant centipede thing seems like a likely candidate but I hope you’re right and we see something else.

1 hour ago, Drakensgreed said:

We‘ve got a size estimate for the Loonshrine now. Ironically enough the smallest guys get the largest terrain piece, the thing is massive.

B695F3A3-BB10-46F3-AAC3-C5D472314BB1.jpeg

In this picture, it's sitting on top of another piece of terrain (a rock formation) which makes it look much bigger than it is. Original photo for reference: 

GloomspiteGitzRevealed-Dec26-BadMoonLoonshrine-Content.jpg

15 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Anyone have ideas yet to how to make those fanatics and squig hoppers more stable?

It'll depend on if they use slotta-bases or not.  If they do, you shouldn't have too many stability issues

From a weight aspect, I cannot recommend enough how much difference it makes gluing in lead shot under bases.

Edited by RuneBrush

1 minute ago, Carnelian said:

Even just gluing a penny the under base works - and cheap, simple and convenient 

This is what I will be doing with mine, pennies are dirt cheap (Only cost a penny each!) and pretty much useless where I am (very few reasons to spend them and only the bigger UK stores still give them as change, local stores do rounding) so I have several jars worth sat doing nothing. A fair proportion of them are magnetic too.

I also find that my own home made texture paints have a bit of weight to them, nothing substantial but still, it must help. 

Also metal snotlings. I have millions of them and I'll be adding them in as many places as I can fit them!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I love the imaginative endless spells and terrain. The angelic aelves will be marvelous (huge cathedral or Teclis summoning hat as unique terrain) if they continue with this trend. 

If Teclis gets a model I will kill him harder than I kill even slaanesh. He deserves to be squatted. Worst aelf in the history of aelves. 

• Haha 2

In the video spoiler at 0:44 there is a more new stuff blurred out.

Bottom right, gobbo with what looks like anteater shaped squigs.

In the back, a large purple shroom on a 40mm base, with smaller shorroms growing on it, ridden by a gobbo with a double moon banner.

To the left of that, a batsquig (white stalagmite underneath). To the right is probably the spider cauldron spell, and further to the right another oddity, something green-yellow.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Unless it is some sort of mushroom troll...  

From many hours of examining blurry photos it looks like the gobbo with the double moon banner is riding a mushroom troll, like the dankhold troggoth just smaller (the bottom half of the mushroom is the same colour as the trolls we seen in the other image. Then we have a shaman that is dancing and chanting which matches the designers notes about the GG's being more shamanistic with witch doctors and medicine men.

The yellowish and green looking model looks like a night gobbo you can clearly see the iconic hood in yellow) and it appears as if he is holding something that is emitting some gases like the same colours as the shroom fanatics so i believe he is the medicine man! I cant really tell what that red squig is... in kind of looks like a spider going down on a single piece of webbing with 4 black/purple legs and 4 green/white legs and a red bum!

5 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

In this picture, it's sitting on top of another piece of terrain (a rock formation) which makes it look much bigger than it is. Original photo for reference: 

GloomspiteGitzRevealed-Dec26-BadMoonLoonshrine-Content.jpg

I can really imagine this Loonshrine having a summoning mechanic. Seeing how most of the new AoS2 armies have a way to summon i can see this pouring gobbos, squigs, trolls and spiders out of the shrines entrance! To me it looks like the entrance goes further underground where even more nasties lie!!! With the skulls and bones at the opening it seems to re-enforce this idea as i can really picture a trio of trolls lumbering out of the shrine with bones and other trinkets in there grubby mitts as they have just finished there latest meal!

In additional it will probably have a casting and leadership bonus to near by GGs. I think it will act very simularly to the Herdstone. 

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

2 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

From many hours of examining blurry photos it looks like the gobbo with the double moon banner is riding a mushroom troll, like the dankhold troggoth just smaller (the bottom half of the mushroom is the same colour as the trolls we seen in the other image. Then we have a shaman that is dancing and chanting which matches the designers notes about the GG's being more shamanistic with witch doctors and medicine men.

The yellowish and green looking model looks like a night gobbo you can clearly see the iconic hood in yellow) and it appears as if he is holding something that is emitting some gases like the same colours as the shroom fanatics so i believe he is the medicine man! I cant really tell what that red squig is... in kind of looks like a spider going down on a single piece of webbing with 4 black/purple legs and 4 green/white legs and a red bum!

They could be a new type of squigs like the nightvault ones. 😍