The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Harpo2 said:

Blackstone Fortress video has them with the cultists    

Some how I missed that video. I has a small hope the the shorter silhouettes in the recent promo art would be a squat, but in looks like it's ratlings. :( At least Pestigors are coming to made to order so it'll save me the time of converting bestigors myself for my Pestilent Throng.

Edited by bsharitt

7 minutes ago, Harpo2 said:

Blackstone Fortress video has them with the cultists    

Oh I totally missed that the first time around, they look awesome. Really digging their asthetic, while it sucks that we didn't get any new sculpts for AoS at least we've got a good indicator of the level of quality to expect when/if (more when than if really) they do give us new scuplts.

Wow. If the minis manage to emulate that artwork they will be awesome. 

Very happy to see that Moonclan are officially on the way. 

Still not sure what to make of the darkoath. I think the guy with the big axe is a little too goofy for my taste. 

I haven't bought a 40k mini since Aos came out. Blackstone fortress will probably change that. 

Overall it was a pretty excellent set of reveals. 

KARNARK! I’m so in, beaut hounds, and surley the three headed hound of khorne will be no different, or better, better. 

All the minis previwed, 40k and all look fantastic, that Nexromunda gang is stunning, as are the dark oath. Cant wait for more, of everything, and to see some clearer pics on 40k beastmen.

So based on the artwork it could be:
1 Herald of Slaanesh with Harp - might be hero
1 set of 3 fiends
1 set of Deamonettes
possibly 1 set of mounted Deamonettes

1 Karnark! 
1 set of 5 hounds
1 set of khorne mounted deamons 
1 set of Khorne deamons

That's a really nice box set and Karnark if he's in it is a nice surprise than just another herald model. Makes me really want that boxed set

Edited by Overread
  • Like 1

Blackstone Fortress looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait for it.  Delaque are pretty cool and more importantly we are getting all the Necromunda rules in compilation books.

On the AoS front, I am super excited to see Moonclan coming next. For the Darkoath, I really dig the dog and absolutely hate everything else. It looks like Franzetta barbarians met an anime hair and weapon designer. I was hoping the sculpts would do more to make me like the concept art, but now I like them even less.

• Like 2

As a Khorne player, I'm really excited for the new flesh hounds. As someone else said, they look the same as the other new plastic flesh hounds, but that's not a bad thing.

I don't get the why the Darkoath exist. Khorne already has plenty of shirtless barbarians. These are different shirtless barbarians, and some people really like their aesthetic, but I do not think I would get them instead of bloodreavers and friends.

Blackstone Fortress looks cool. I really liked Silver Tower and Shadows Over Hammerhal. I hope that they return to AoS for future WHQ.

• Like 1

I think they are Slaves to Darkness, the Warqueen is listed under Slaves to Darkness. My bet is the marauder kits, at least, will be discontinued around the time Darkoath get a full army treatment and probably more of the range too.

I’m ok with that too. There are a few classic models amongst the characters and I still like the Chaos Warriors, but for the most part I think it’s time to move on.

Edit: Actually, I’d really love for GW to blinside us and make Darkoath a Destruction faction. Never happen, but it would be kinda cool. I will now remove my tinfoil hat.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

Blackstone Fortress looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait for it.  Delaque are pretty cool and more importantly we are getting all the Necromunda rules in compilation books.

On the AoS front, I am super excited to see Moonclan coming next. For the Darkoath, I really dig the dog and absolutely hate everything else. It looks like Franzetta barbarians met an anime hair and weapon designer. I was hoping the sculpts would do more to make me like the concept art, but now I like them even less.

Can't have said it better myself they look so boring and square and like low resolution models. Like they were designed in the ancient days somehow before even old fantasy models. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Can't have said it better myself they look so boring and square and like low resolution models. Like they were designed in the ancient days somehow before even old fantasy models. 

Yeah, they just seem really blocky and oddly proportioned even aside from that I don't like the concept that much. They definitely don't look like modern GW models. Compared them to the new Fiends, the last two Shadespire warbands released, or the new Blackstone Fortress stuff and they look miles behind in quality.

The bad moon rises again  ? 

couldnt be happier I am just praying that my 200+ models all remain playable and get some wonderful new re-enforcements and a wonderful rewrite of there rules ?

if I was wishing for the cherry on top, skarsnik retuning on a giant  gobbla blasting things with his trident would be amazing. And as they talked about the souls of heroes from the past being released in malign portents not an impossible concept ?

Now we need the old enemies back, bring on battletome  rat and stuntie so we can all go toe to toe again. 

• Like 2