The Rumour Thread

According to french rumourmonger FrenchWargameStudio in yesterday's live (which has been very accurate so far regarding 40K and AoS), Fyreslayers will have a new battletome in the coming months.

No information regarding new miniatures though.

Edited by Ghark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Spawn pools for seraphon. 

That would take a huge lore change for them. Right now they are not birthed at all but created from ancient souls of the old world preserved to fight forever. Better made than Sigmar's own as they don't appear to suffer the mental issues of being summoned over and over; but my impression is that because they exist for only a specific use or battle; they lack the freedom Stormcast have to live (even though Sigmar has made them as such that the average Stormcast lives for war and order).

Lizardmen currently have no lands or peoples, only Slaan mages of great power. Oneday perhaps a Slaan will consider that their legions are better served with new souls; that they will found cities and build an empire anew so that new Seraphon can be born fresh once more. Giving them living legions and a people once more; but also giving the great Slaan mages a source of fresh souls as the Seraphon die in battle and old age and life and thus rise to the heavens to be born anew over and over. 

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

That would take a huge lore change for them. Right now they are not birthed at all but created from ancient souls of the old world preserved to fight forever. Better made than Sigmar's own as they don't appear to suffer the mental issues of being summoned over and over; but my impression is that because they exist for only a specific use or battle; they lack the freedom Stormcast have to live (even though Sigmar has made them as such that the average Stormcast lives for war and order).

Lizardmen currently have no lands or peoples, only Slaan mages of great power. Oneday perhaps a Slaan will consider that their legions are better served with new souls; that they will found cities and build an empire anew so that new Seraphon can be born fresh once more. Giving them living legions and a people once more; but also giving the great Slaan mages a source of fresh souls as the Seraphon die in battle and old age and life and thus rise to the heavens to be born anew over and over. 

This isn't exactly true anymore, there is a spawning pool in one of the Malign Portents stories and it is implied that once they're brought into existence by the Slann they are living breathing things with their own minds that stick around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

This isn't exactly true anymore, there is a spawning pool in one of the Malign Portents stories and it is implied that once they're brought into existence by the Slann they are living breathing things with their own minds that stick around.

I believe they have a starship :D

https://malignportents.com/story/dying-star/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KevenM said:

I'm going to go with Bonesplitterz warband for Shadespire/Nightvault on this one...

This

2 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

Following the theme of recent posts, maybe this is a spear sticking out of a new Bonesplittaz terrain piece, to go with an updated battletome for them? A big totem or something?

It definitely looks too... flint-y to be Moon Clan. 

Or that

I am not sure about that it looks like Moonclan are more about shroom, squigs, and trolls than insects atm

TBH I am in camp of that Moonclan and Spiderfang should be their own things even if it take a while for a spiderfang battletome to come out.

especially since in the lore they worship two different things and the fact that they had two distinct Portent stories.

• Like 1