The Rumour Thread

40 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's a war between your wallet and @Skreech Verminking 's (in)sanity then!

My money is that Skreech's willpower for more skaven sooner will beat your will that your wallet remain safe! 

Don’t worry I already saved thousands

of pounds, for the next skaven release?

(and that since 2015)

Edited by Skreech Verminking

4 hours ago, Yokai said:

There's a Tyrion and Teclis omnibus scheduled for release in november. Might coincide with something bigger, mayhaps?

There seems to be a whole host of new legends books upcoming next year. If they are doing it to coincide with releases then skaven are defiantly hinted at. Personally I dont think they line up with new releases (Thought the Nagash one was and the upcoming Gotrek one will do, as gotrek gets his new AoS drama)

The Black Plague

Warlords of Karak Eight peaks

Knights of the Empire

Warriors of the Chaos Wastes

Gotrek & Felix Vol2

I had been hoping to see Skarsnik get one of these, but I don't think there were many, if any other goblin books. So I doubt they will do one, as all the legends books so far have been two or three collected novels minimum. So hope that Skarsnik gets a made to order or limited run when new grots come.

I think GW is just focusing on putting most of the Classic series into a collection of collected books to cut down on the amount of hardcopies they have to have for that range. It cuts down a huge amount on storage and market and also makes it easier for new people to get into the classics when its all collected in fairly self contained or long series of linked collected editions. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

they speak about ranged unit, which one is it on this picture (but I agree, this SC looks pretty nice)

The ones with the least fur can also be equiped with bows. I don't know much about BoC units, but that SC looks great!

The SC is amazing: you can do both super big char and you got 2 battlelines: one heavy one light (which can have also spears or bows). In addition to this you got also a hero (can be general but dunno if wizzard, maybe). 3 of this box and you pretty much have an army ready to fight. Add the big box of tzangors, done.

Lets see what the battletome offers now.

So the Brayherds section of the GW webstore now has a lot of different stuff in it now, so that'll probably be the renamed section, so I guess that's a good indication of what'll be in the book. Nice to see the chaos giant there, wonder if he get's a new warscroll that's not exactly the same a the non-chaos giant. That start collecting one looks good too. I really like the boxes that multiply well, and this seems to fit that mold. Now I'm seriously thinking of starting a beastmen army now that I'll be able to mix and match all these things without having to worry about allies.

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

New BoC looks great! 

With all that GW has been pumping out they reeeaallly could have whipped up some plastic hero characters to replace the ones needed....

So if im correct this battletome will only have 2 plastic heros, Bray Shaman and Tzaangor shaman?....

That's one more than the Bonesplitterz Battletome, which had only the Savage Big Boss in plastic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

can be general but dunno if wizzard, maybe

I think it's 100% safe to say that the Great Bray-Shaman will continue to be a wizard. ?

I'm all giddy. I don't think I've looked this much forward to any release since I got back into the hobby two years ago! It's even a week earlier than people on this thread were expecting.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, bsharitt said:

So the Brayherds section of the GW webstore now has a lot of different stuff in it now, so that'll probably be the renamed section, so I guess that's a good indication of what'll be in the book. Nice to see the chaos giant there, wonder if he get's a new warscroll that's not exactly the same a the non-chaos giant. That start collecting one looks good too. I really like the boxes that multiply well, and this seems to fit that mold. Now I'm seriously thinking of starting a beastmen army now that I'll be able to mix and match all these things without having to worry about allies.

Just a shame that there are only nine bestigors pictured ?

alrhough im pretty sure there will be 10 in the box. 

What I would love to know is this: will the Warscroll Cards that are already out for factions like Nurgle, Idoneth, Daughters, hell, everyone apart from Stormcast, Nighthaunt and (upcoming) Beasts, be reprinted in the new style? I have Daughters, Seraphon and Idoneth forces, and I'd love to get the warscroll cards for them, and I know it would be a bit sore for people who've already bought the existing ones, but I ain't investing in the old chunky format.

So, rumour mongers... Whatcha got?

6 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

What I would love to know is this: will the Warscroll Cards that are already out for factions like Nurgle, Idoneth, Daughters, hell, everyone apart from Stormcast, Nighthaunt and (upcoming) Beasts, be reprinted in the new style? I have Daughters, Seraphon and Idoneth forces, and I'd love to get the warscroll cards for them, and I know it would be a bit sore for people who've already bought the existing ones, but I ain't investing in the old chunky format.

So, rumour mongers... Whatcha got?

I asked in my local, as I was interested in buying all of them if they are replaced them to this new format, but was told it was unlikely as they still had stock of the old ones and wouldn't replace an item that was technically still current/in date. We would only see new versions as and when new they get new battletomes (like stormcast did) 

Keep in mind that this is my local store and they know only what they are told from  HO, or what is given as the current company line.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

I asked in my local, as I was interested in buying all of them if they are replaced them to this new format, but was told it was unlikely as they still had stock of the old ones and wouldn't replace an item that was technically still current/in date. We would only see new versions as and when new they get new battletomes (like stormcast did) 

Keep in mind that this is my local store and they know only what they are told from  HO, or what is given as the current company line.

You can't buy the old format warscroll cards on the gw page atm. I talked to my gw seller at my local store, he was surprised about that.

I bought the nurgle cards and hate them. The font size is way to small. Lets hope for a re-release in the new format.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kirisute said:

I bought the nurgle cards and hate them. The font size is way to small. Lets hope for a re-release in the new format.

I got the daughter ones and agree, the product idea is sound but the text is so tiny that its a pain to read; it certainly defeats the point of a quick reference card when you have to pick it up to read!