The Rumour Thread

I agree with @NurglesFirstChosen but @Nos you’re very right. I’m usualy a huge fan of contemporay designs, the bloodbowl pestigor is a really poor sculpt, especially in compariosn to the old pestigors, and the rest of the Nurgle BB unit which is awesome. Wonder why they went down that route, they’re not totally terrible, just seems they already had a really good concept to work with.

Edited by Kronos

1 hour ago, Nos said:

I felt the same but if Bloodbowl Pestigors are the way forward I can do without. Nurgle just equals fat now it would seem.

The Nurgle models are all technically well done, and I like the Deathguard stuff more than I ever did as a whole in the past going all the way back to Rogue Trader, but it saddens me that everything nurgle has to be fat and bloated.  Once upon a time they also used to incorporate the sickly and emaciated aesthetic and I prefer having a mixture of those.  Back in Epic: Titan Legion days Mortarion was a super sickly wraith-like guy.  I am glad that when they made the new Mortarion model that they did not make him massively bloated and corpulent, but he seems to be the main outlier.  I understand that for multi-part plastic kits they want similar body shapes so that the parts can interchange across the kits, but it seems like the bloated aesthetic has taken over the entire nurgle range.  That is what has prevented me from getting into Nurgle in AoS to be honest.

4 hours ago, TheMuphinMan said:

Honestly I see Nurgle as the one most likely to be left out unless the box is basically a rerelease of the "Pestilent Swarm" box because nurgle has this paradox of having access to the most warscrolls yet they have very little variety once you exclude named heroes and the stuff they can take that isn't really "nurgle".

The best nurgle box I could see would be a Lord of Affliction, lord of plague or blights, a sorcerer,  2 units of blightkings, a unit of blightlords 

I would bet on a Nurgle box containing some Beasts. I'm guessing they are sitting on a ton of stock for those. They were a massive disappointment in looks and design, and were far too expensive.

I had planned on getting 14 when I heard they were coming. Then I saw the models. Then I saw the price. I bought zero.

So, if they bundle a few into a box with some other, more attractive, kits and put a deal price on it, I'll end up owning a few.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I would bet on a Nurgle box containing some Beasts. I'm guessing they are sitting on a ton of stock for those. They were a massive disappointment in looks and design, and were far too expensive.

I had planned on getting 14 when I heard they were coming. Then I saw the models. Then I saw the price. I bought zero.

So, if they bundle a few into a box with some other, more attractive, kits and put a deal price on it, I'll end up owning a few.

I like the models individually, although I think the single static body pose is a bit of a let down.

What stopped me from picking some up to use with my 40k Death Guard was the price.  $40 US for a single one is just way too much.  If the box contained 2 models, with 2 different bodies and a lot of different heads, hands, tentacles, etc to differentiate them and was priced at $50-$60 US then I probably would have been on board for getting a few sets.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

If the box contained 2 models, with 2 different bodies and a lot of different heads, hands, tentacles, etc to differentiate them and was priced at $50-$60 US then I probably would have been on board for getting a few sets.

Exactly my thoughts and it was what I expected GW to do. Probably still going to end up with one or two if I ever do Nurgle though.

Might be clever of them to release one for Shadespire or something in the future to add some diversity.

2 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Exactly my thoughts and it was what I expected GW to do. Probably still going to end up with one or two if I ever do Nurgle though.

Might be clever of them to release one for Shadespire or something in the future to add some diversity.

I think they are on 60mm bases and slightly too big for Shadespire.  The base size is probably how GW justified that price point.

Edited by Skabnoze

41 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I think they are on 60mm bases and slightly too big for Shadespire.  The base size is probably how GW justified that price point.

Probably, but I was thinking more generally about the boxed games. Could put one in a Warhammer Quest, although I don’t think there’s anything bigger than 50mm in there either. In any case it’s getting a bit off topic. My bad.

I’m really excited abot the Nighthaunt warband for Shadespire, they’ll be a great way to bulk out and diversify the Chainrasp Hordes. If they stick to the existing price point for the Shadespire kits they’ll be pretty reasonably priced too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Both of the AoS WHQ titles look to be removed from the GW site. Well, at least the US one.

Speculation on what it means?

Same for UK store.  Just means they are not re-printing for a while, probably to avoid confusion with the new 40k version.  If people have a keen interest in buying it enough of them need to email GW and get a re-print scheduled.

22 minutes ago, stato said:

Same for UK store.  Just means they are not re-printing for a while, probably to avoid confusion with the new 40k version.  If people have a keen interest in buying it enough of them need to email GW and get a re-print scheduled.

It's been on my to buy list for a while, I guess I'd better go ahead and grab it from Amazon just in case. Given GW history, it could be a while before we see a reprint.

With all the new stuff, it looks like they may be doing a clean out of their box games. The Horus Heresy boxed games(calth and prospero) are gone too.

Edited by bsharitt

23 hours ago, ChatBatFun said:

How dare you call us dwarfs, and why is having those things on models good, it’s weird if u 

ask me.

It is supposed to be weird.

Slaneesh is not just about being kinky. There is a whole story behind all of this.

Slaneeshies are supposed to tried everything to stimulate their senses because they became so dull

that they need the highest amount of stimulation to feel at least the slightest kind of thing.

This is why they turned to pain and sexual abuse. Mr Sigvald was the absolutely worst of all of them

according to his story. His lore described one raid where he directly ordered the survivors to be used for the worst

kinds of sexual torture and pleasure. 

I guess they try to point out that war itself gets the worst out of everyone involved and war has seen those horrible things and maybe worse.

• Like 2

So looking ahead to the end of the year. 

We will be getting Beasts of Chaos in late September.

We will get Nightvault before the end of the year, perhaps in October. If so we will get two  more warbands; Moonclan and Tzeentch before the end of the year.

we will get wrath and rapture, probably in November.

We will get two scenery bundles and 4 battle forces in late November or December. 

It is not the full destruction army people were hoping for but it is still a pretty good end to the year.

• Like 1