The Rumour Thread

Slightly worried we won't see much for AoS at Nova. GW has already confirmed more Orks, probably including the full speed freeks unveiling, and Nightvault. They will almost certainly show Delaque for Necromunda and some form of chaos for 40k,  whether it is Abaddon, Fulgrim, or Angron. If they throw gsc that is already quite a lot of stuff to show. 

I am sure Moonclan are coming eventually but I will be a bit disappointed if we don't see them on Wednesday.  

- Darkoath will be undivided barbarians.

- Demons will probably will be their own book with a new line of undivided demons as well as including all 4 god specific demon kin

- all 4 Godds get thier own mixe (mortals and demons) book

- slaves to darkness should evolve to an overarching battletome for the GA excluding skaven. 

- Beastmen probably has all beasts, with the option to expand certain subfactions

- and everchosen might evolve in what was classicly known as Warriors of chaos, undivided and marked, hopefully with some new models.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

some form of chaos for 40k,  whether it is Abaddon, Fulgrim, or Angron. If they throw gsc that is already quite a lot of stuff to show. 

Chaos in any form probably will only be teased, as a reaction on the leaks/speculation from sunday/early monday. 

all in all, the seminar might still have room for some AoS faction(s) depending on whether they are  only Tomes with Endless Spells or full-on army releases.

on undivided demons: Chatter has it, that a certain demon prince, first of his kind, is in works

Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thet will definitely get new warscrolls. Similar thing happened in the LoN battletome - they changed how skeleton standard bearer works and some necromancer abilities (they probably changed more, but I don't have that book and I mention only those things I remember).

Edited by michu

33 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Will the beastmen get new warscrolls or will this book just put them all together. 

I woudn't be suprised if GW turned the ambush rule up to eleven and going for a endless reinforcement thing as long as unit X is still alive or something. 

But that's just wishful thinking of course. What I do expect is some new synergies in the army. 

10 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I woudn't be suprised if GW turned the ambush rule up to eleven and going for a endless reinforcement thing as long as unit X is still alive or something. 

But that's just wishful thinking of course. What I do expect is some new synergies in the army. 

Reinforcements / summoning rules = more models being sold = more money for GW.

So yes, that seems likely indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Reinforcements / summoning rules = more models being sold = more money for GW.

So yes, that seems likely indeed.

Endless Reinforcements* = an effing cool allegiance ability = more players = is a happy fanbase & more money for GW. 

Yes GW is a business is and has a focus on making money, that's obvious and perfectly fine. But let's not forget that the rules designers, the creatives are all fans of their own product so they want as cool as possible armies. Which in turn makes us players/hobbyist happy and makes the company money. It's all good. 

( *maybe only happens when a unit is wiped, as some scenarios are. No extra models needed ;))

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 3

On 8/26/2018 at 11:03 PM, Waiyuren said:

Blu tack?! ?

I should've guessed they'd use some sort of "aid"; the best food pictures where always of frozen, painted items, or straight up plastic back in the day. ?

Nowt wrong with blu tack!  Used it to hold some of the leg panels on my knight on and picked up a demon with it xD

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Are you saying that they are reworking KO and giving them a new attletome with "anti-magic bombs" minis to counter the Endless Spells???  WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE A KO PLAYER!!!

At one point somebody at GW did say that was a wealth of further KO designs out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Endless Reinforcements* = an effing cool allegiance ability = more players = is a happy fanbase & more money for GW. 

It might not be an armywide ability. If anything, I'd expect something like this to be a batallion like what happens with Ironjawz

9 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Its undeniably Chaos, but what faction/Universe?

It looks like a flaming skull inside some sort of halo thing.. I'd be more likely to say something to do with Sisters of Battle if anything

8 minutes ago, froo said:

It looks like a flaming skull inside some sort of halo thing.. I'd be more likely to say something to do with Sisters of Battle if anything

Eight pointed so I’d say Chaos too. Could be anything really, these rumour engine images leave a little too much to the imagination, in my opinion.

I’m not a Underworlds player but I’m really hoping for a big Nightvault preview at NOVA. I wanna see more of the Troggoth warband and all of the minis have been great so far.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88

On 8/25/2018 at 10:56 AM, BaldoBeardo said:

That's a fugly model, and not in the good troll way. Too busy. Worried the mushrooms-on-everything  motif is the Moonclan hallmark. Ugh.

I concur.  Anyone could easily add some oversized mushrooms to a classic troll and produced a nicer model.

On 8/25/2018 at 3:02 PM, Sleboda said:

It would just be a bummer if, with many clamoring for squigs, they warped the traditional look of squigs so much that they really don't capture the things that make squigs so appealing - a ball with teeth and a touch of humor.

Feel free to go back to to Freebooterz and 'Ere We Go and see what Squigs were originally envisioned as.

On 8/25/2018 at 4:24 PM, GeneralZero said:

BTW, I have for more than 20 years the old trolls (all of them, in metal) and they look far better in my taste.

The trolls around 5th and 6th ed are nice indeed.  Granted,.. also cartoony.

On 8/26/2018 at 1:56 AM, Ar-Pharazôn said:

That's a decently sized faction, and really helps consolidate subfactions left over. 

You mean, gives us older collectors our armies back ?

On 8/26/2018 at 2:15 AM, adreal said:

Not going to lie, would love a aelf battletome

After BoC getting some love I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of HE book but the rumours of Light vs Dark aelves kinda kills that.

On 8/26/2018 at 4:51 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

I like the way Gw is going right now.

mixing the warherds, brayherds, etc. Together will probably make some army’s which before lake many things, and so couldn’t be fielded, now can.

this also gives me the hope that the next skaven release will be a mixed one.

This post makes it sound like you've been in this hobby for 2 years.  No offense, just,.. this is how armies used to be.

On 8/26/2018 at 6:05 AM, calcysimon said:

bray shaman cape : 99070216001_GreatBrayShamanSprue01.jpg

Your picture is from 2010 and the final cut of that sprue has the 2014 date stamp.

5 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

on undivided demons: Chatter has it, that a certain demon prince, first of his kind, is in works

So he showed up in the 5th ed Lore first, then the daemon suppliment PDF or whatever it was?  A model in Storm of Chaos and then GW has kept him in fairly high ish profile for a one-off.  Gotrek and Felix book, a couple rules packs via the Advent calendar and isn't compendium.  I would say GW could indeed keep Be'lakor alive since Daemons just respawn.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I concur.  Anyone could easily add some oversized mushrooms to a classic troll and produced a nicer model.

Feel free to go back to to Freebooterz and 'Ere We Go and see what Squigs were originally envisioned as.

The trolls around 5th and 6th ed are nice indeed.  Granted,.. also cartoony.

You mean, gives us older collectors our armies back ?

After BoC getting some love I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of HE book but the rumours of Light vs Dark aelves kinda kills that.

This post makes it sound like you've been in this hobby for 2 years.  No offense, just,.. this is how armies used to be.

Your picture is from 2010 and the final cut of that sprue has the 2014 date stamp.

So he showed up in the 5th ed Lore first, then the daemon suppliment PDF or whatever it was?  A model in Storm of Chaos and then GW has kept him in fairly high ish profile for a one-off.  Gotrek and Felix book, a couple rules packs via the Advent calendar and isn't compendium.  I would say GW could indeed keep Be'lakor alive since Daemons just respawn.

I’ve been in the hobby for about 8years.

I would personally expect darkoath to focus specifically on the mortal aspect of chaos.

You have beasts covering the bestial side, demons work much better in an God specific book given how intimately tied they are to specific gods.

That leaves the mortal aspect a bit in the lurch, a book which featured everchosen, marauders, chaos warriors, undivided, armies featuring multiple gods and the mortal ascension demons would round out the chaos updates without stopping them updating something like slaanesh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, michu said:

Thet will definitely get new warscrolls. Similar thing happened in the LoN battletome - they changed how skeleton standard bearer works and some necromancer abilities (they probably changed more, but I don't have that book and I mention only those things I remember).

Yeah, a new book is a prime opportunity to rework the warscrolls - especially if a bunch of units that previously could only be fielded as allies are now under the same army allegiance umbrella.  I don't think you will see any changes that are extremely drastic (aside from maybe a rework of a command ability or a couple new ones being added in), but they will probably rework things so that they fit together a bit more into a complete force.  So expect tweaks rather than huge sweeping changes.

• Like 1

So today I decided to prepare for the imminent arrival of a new Destruction force, by buying the Fungoid Cave Shaman. When the part in the picture caught my eye. Are my eyes deceiving me or is the pattern nearly identical to a Rumour Engine picture from not that long ago?!

CF383CBD-0FEA-4D48-B1D4-E0029D327163.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Popisdead said:

This is true, but back then Squigs were not necessarily an Ork/Greenskin thing and the weird "squiggly beasts" were mostly a 40k thing.  When they were pulled into Fantasy they morphed into the template for what we now know as squigs and they have never really changed that much since then in fantasy.

Having said that, I would be perfectly fine if they took the existing squig that we all know and love and mutated some different variants of it.  Forgeworld did that already with the Squig Gobba and I think it would be great if we saw GW take that idea and evolve squigs a bit.  Warhammer Online did this as well and I still really love the various Squig breeds that they put into that game.  I would love a unit of Gas Squigs!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jester said:

So today I decided to prepare for the imminent arrival of a new Destruction force, by buying the Fungoid Cave Shaman. When the part in the picture caught my eye. Are my eyes deceiving me or is the pattern nearly identical to a Rumour Engine picture from not that long ago?!

CF383CBD-0FEA-4D48-B1D4-E0029D327163.jpeg

Hiding in plain sight.

Remember the malign portent characters were designed AFTER the main factions 

Edited by LLV
  • Like 5