The Rumour Thread

I would love to see some sort of Marauder (Darkoath) force.
I always loved the idea both fluff wise and aesthetically, I remember trying to build such a force back in the day with Crom as the general.

There's a real chance here for some big monsters, beasts and mounts with such an army I believe and GW would be in for a trick if done right.

Saying that I would also love to see some love given to the beast men or brayherds whatever it is the kids are calling them these days.
As long as they don't go down the tzaangor route with them. They things look awful.

• Like 5

Just now, ShadowSwordmaster said:

I really like this art.

AoSMortrach-June13-Art2en.jpg

I was just about to post the same thing. Love it, even if Nagash is channelling his inner Lich-King. Lady Olynder looks particularly awesome here, I'm wondering what a more ethereal scheme would look like on her.

Lady Olynder exists to force people to accept the inevitability of death?  Olynder needs to hook up the with Horned Rat* for stealing Nurgle's schtick!

Just kidding! Much like the GHR, who shares diseases as a portfolio with Nurgle, Olynder does Nurglesque things as a means to an end rather than out of philosophical purity.  GHR is a hateful being who spreads disease out of spite, while Nagash is haughty and spreads despair so that mortals may accept his authority, both of which are very dissimilar to Nurgle's earnest devotion to sickness and misery, seeing them as altogether good things.

There, I'm done answering a question no one asked, talking myself out of disliking such a beautiful miniature with cool backstory.  ?  The Nighthaunt releases thus far have kept up an altogether incredible standard.  Honestly, I don't know if GW has ever released an army with such consistency.  

*I love the Horned Rat and would never seriously question his sublime authority

Edited by erasercrumbs
  • Like 5

Points from the starter look like they are: 

Stomcast

• Knight-Incantor --140
  • Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-charger --240
  • Castigators --3 for 80 (18 for 400)
  • Celeste Ballista --120
  • Evocators --3 for 140 
  • Sequiturs --3 for 80 (18 for 400)

Nighthaunt

• Chainrasp Horde --10 for 100  (40 for 360)
  • Guardian of Souls --120
  • Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed --140
  • Lord Executioner --100
  • Glaivewraith Stalkers --5 for 80
  • Grimghast Reapers --4 for 60 
  • Spirit Torment --120
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Points from the starter look like they are: 

Stomcast

• Knight-Incantor --140
  • Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-charger --240
  • Castigators --3 for 80 (18 for 400)
  • Celeste Ballista --120
  • Evocators --3 for 140 
  • Sequiturs --3 for 80 (18 for 400)

Nighthaunt

• Chainrasp Horde --10 for 100  (40 for 360)
  • Guardian of Souls --120
  • Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed --140
  • Lord Executioner --100
  • Glaivewraith Stalkers --5 for 80
  • Grimghast Reapers --4 for 60 
  • Spirit Torment --120

Hmm damn. Anything I had seen so far said the ballista was 100 points.
If this is true are they still worth taking?

Also being a noob I have no idea how the points are looking. Does this look ok for the stormcasts?

13 hours ago, erasercrumbs said:

Lady Olynder exists to force people to accept the inevitability of death?  Olynder needs to hook up the with Horned Rat* for stealing Nurgle's schtick!

?Just kidding! Much like the GHR, who shares diseases as a portfolio with Nurgle, Olynder does Nurglesque things as a means to an end rather than out of philosophical purity.  GHR is a hateful being who spreads disease out of spite, while Nagash is haughty and spreads despair so that mortals may accept his authority, both of which are very dissimilar to Nurgle's earnest devotion to sickness and misery, seeing them as altogether good things.

Yeah, there's definitely something here about GW trying to distinguish between the portfolios of Nurgle and that of Nagash over the last few years. The stuff about Nurgle being a pseudo-nature/fertility deity, part of the ciiiiircle of life... and decay and life again isn't new exactly but has got a lot of emphasis in AoS and recent 40k. Still has a focus on despair but with less finality. More joy, more identification with a jolly caring deity. More corrupt growth and flesh, more colour, more tree and insect imagery, more linkages to Ghyran. "Life is more horrible than death", as Lovecraft said.

Nagash gets coldness, sterility, domination and totalitarianism under one personality, the reduction of chaotic possibilities inherent in life to the repetitive single point of death. Death as a bleak inevitable terminus. You could probably attribute the increased focus on the, let's say, 'dry' elements of Death's visual language since the end of WHFB to this need to stake out the different conceptual spaces. Less zombies and dire wolves and hanging guts, that's almost entirely Nurgle's wheelhouse now. More skellingtons, morghasts, bone armour, mortarchs and now ghosts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Still waiting for some ghb2018 info because wondering if rule of 1 will affect command abilities and whether realms are part of matched play (since optional and it's a roll-off in the core rule). Whelp, the removing 'slain' models means less chaining to objectives. 

The "Exploring the Realms" video from the new Age of Sigmar side is interesting:
https://ageofsigmar.com/realms/

1920326153_Bildschirmfoto2018-06-14um14_07_10.png.684a2d99d16c77d6e84a6fd2f703a982.png

First the Merchants of Pa'Tar. Hinting at more asia-themed models?

1343704295_Bildschirmfoto2018-06-14um14_15_12.png.d1c554e123f23a3abb50c3374b7e6bca.png

Scrappers Spill in Chamon. A giant pile of scraps/trophies from all the green skins in the region, hinting at a more technical destruction faction?

Plus name dropping the assassins of Clan Eshin living in Ulgu and the remark that we will get to explore the Realm of Light Hysh somewhere in the near future. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1