The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Lousy Beatnik said:

That's my hope for Thanquol, anyway :)

In the lore live stream this week, Phil Kelly mentioned the Malign Portent story about the Skaven incursion and not very subtly hinted it was a beloved Skaven character which wouldn't be named yet. So it seems more a matter of time than anything else. 

• Like 1

I really hope at least one of the upcoming Nighthaunt SC kits also builds a generic character (much like the Aekelian King kit). I do not do special characters, even though the Craven King really, really tempts me.

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

In the lore live stream this week, Phil Kelly mentioned the Malign Portent story about the Skaven incursion and not very subtly hinted it was a beloved Skaven character which wouldn't be named yet. So it seems more a matter of time than anything else. 

When I read that story I actually thought that it was hard to imagine it not being Thanquol. I think there is so much confusion about him because every other well known character that has made the direct transition from WHFB to AoS was featured in the early stories and lore, but GW has been very hush-hush on Thanquol.

I suspect his mystery will be lifted in the new Gotrek story, Thanquol pretty much originaly belonging to Gotrek and Felix.

• Like 3

Neave Blacktalon is getting her own novel in September. 

https://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/september/blacktalon.html

In the perilous jungles just north of the great city of Hammerhal Aqsha, Chaos reigns. There, a powerful Tzeentchian wizard grows in disciples and in might as his maledictions leach all that is good from the land. It is Neave Blacktalon, first of Sigmar’s Knights-Zephyros, who must vanquish this foe. Yet the huntress soon realizes that even the glow of the Twin-Tailed City cannot protect her from the darkness. Blighted by terrible visions, she fears that her very spirit has been tainted. Blacktalon must choose whether to abandon her duty in the quest for a cure, or face the fearsome judgement of the Sacrosanct chamber. 

• Like 3

Little AoS 2.0 leak from the new preorders within the GW webstore, but they cut it out afterwards. It's the statement of contents from the june White Dwarf in german:

Schärfe deine Klingen und mach dich für die Schlacht bereit – die Seelenkriege haben begonnen und die Reiche der Sterblichen werden mit der Veröffentlichung einer neuen Edition von Warhammer Age of Sigmar in ein neues dunkles Zeitalter gestürzt. Die Ausgabe dieses Monats enthält alles, das du wissen musst, von Details über die Soul-Wars-Box (die 52 atemberaubende Miniaturen und ein vollständiges Grundbuch enthält!) nebst Spielberichten, Neuem von den Vier Kriegsherren und mehr (darunter exklusive Regeln, um Imperial Knights: Renegade zu erweitern!)

I've marked the interesting part blue for you and it tells about a new AoS Starter Boxed Set coming in june, named "Soul Wars" with 52 miniatures and a complete rulebook. You can't find it anymore in the GW webstore ^^ ...

So enjoy and spread the word ;)

Edited by Fomorian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Release date anyone? Big fear here in Finland that is same time as summer solstice holiday...

The big rumour is pre-ordered this upcoming weekend and available on 16th June

13 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said: date anyone? Big fear here in Finland that is same time as summer solstice holiday...
  • Like 1

like I said above, we got one more week of imperial knights to go as the the special character knight is a ,model in his own right, and coming out next week.

Then you'll have your pre-orders, so 16th for pre-orders and 23rd availability.

There's going to be a big fat box just like 40k with the rulebook in it as well as toys, and also the ghb 2018 will probably be there as well.

Nighthaunts  battletome won't be out on release weekend, they want to give you a little time to digest the contents. :)

oh and very interesting background twist to the nighthaunts hence not part of the legion of nagash book when that dropped. ;)

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

So 52 miniatures suggests the exact selection of minis we have seen  in the warhammefest community blog, but not including the two wizards, which is a little strange, as we have seen two very different sculpts for each of them. I  wonder if they might be part of the Malign sorcery set. 

In light of the recent reveal of the named character for Nighthaunt, as well as the tease of another two named characters for the same faction, I started thinking that they would do something similar with the Stormcast new line of models. Do you think maybe we will get some big named center piece characters for the Sacrosanct Chamber as well? And if so, what do you guys think / hope they would be?

2 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

In light of the recent reveal of the named character for Nighthaunt, as well as the tease of another two named characters for the same faction, I started thinking that they would do something similar with the Stormcast new line of models. Do you think maybe we will get some big named center piece characters for the Sacrosanct Chamber as well? And if so, what do you guys think / hope they would be?

well you've got  one already in the form of the knight validor harbinger from malign portents, so I'm sure there are more to follow.  The harbingers have been new faction characters hidden in plain sight, so life's looking good for grots and slaves to darkness given what we've already seen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

So 52 miniatures suggests the exact selection of minis we have seen  in the warhammefest community blog, but not including the two wizards, which is a little strange, as we have seen two very different sculpts for each of them. I  wonder if they might be part of the Malign sorcery set. 

Yes, it's also strange because some units seem incomplete :

- - Why only 4 Cairn Wraith (but 5 Gravestalkers) ?

- - Why only 8 Sequitors (but 2 primes - and many duplicates, idem for Castigators ?).

Also, the Guardian Of Souls and the Knight Incantor really look "Easy to build" to me. Hopefully in the new Malign Sorcery set as you say !

__

On other news, this bit of fluff (about Neave Blacktalon) is interesting regarding the Sacrosanct Chamber's role : 

https://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/september/blacktalon.html 

"Blighted by terrible visions, she fears that her very spirit has been tainted. Blacktalon must choose whether to abandon her duty in the quest for a cure, or face the fearsome judgement of the Sacrosanct chamber." 

__

EDIT @Fomorian and @Chikout : so 52 models? yeah just this.

34278670_2038683486143865_3022904828826222592_o.jpg

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Any educated guesses on what the points value may be for each half of the starter? 

Figure heroes at 100, mounted heroes at 200, stormcast infantry at 100pts, death infantry 100pts for 10 , 4 wizard unit probs 160pts, elite death units probably 120 and 160,  bow unit probably 180 ,artillery+ guys probably 220.

Ballpark 1600, give or take 200pts. Halves look about even.

Edited by Bellfree
  • Like 1

Compared to the massive /sprue eating heroes, Prosecutors and Khorgorath and from the first AoS starter this seems a bit lacking. Or tje Bloat Drone and weird bigfoot jump pack Marines in DI. I was hoping for both executioners or the sorceror ghost, some banshees and the two other knights at least to visually break the floating robes up some more. The SCs are not wowing me.

Never thought I'd say this but I think at 125€ like DI I'll wait and have a look at the cut-down sets likely coming.

21 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

like I said above, we got one more week of imperial knights to go as the the special character knight is a ,model in his own right, and coming out next week.

Then you'll have your pre-orders, so 16th for pre-orders and 23rd availability.

There's going to be a big fat box just like 40k with the rulebook in it as well as toys, and also the ghb 2018 will probably be there as well.

Don't forget that the 40k release window was 2 weeks and this release is as big for AoS.  If they follow a similar trend, that'd put it as available on the 30th - the date of the AoS Open Day ;)  Who knows though!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

A GW employee told me that it should be pre-order on the 15th and availability on 30th. It was guessing and not official.

Yeah I chatted to the manager of my local yesterday and he said the same - he happened to be planning out the month's orders and events on a chart as I walked in and he reckoned it was the only way the schedule made sense (though I think he said the 29th rather than the 30th). He actually said he'd been told not to book any holiday in those weeks! So it seems 99% certain to me. 

I know managers in the states are in Texas this week getting ready to go for Second edition. I had initially decided to take a break from aos for some 40k, but with second edition being announced and being absolutely excited for everything so far announced, I'm back to playing sigmar when I can get up to my GW once a week. 

• Like 2

The weird unit sizes night be fixed with additional easy to build kits. Wasn’t that sorta what they did with 40k? 

So IF you buy both the starter set and the new smaller sets we are likely to see, you end up with the correct unit size?

41 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

Concerning the Moonclan battletome / release rumour, do you think GW could go with squigs dual kits for AoS and 40k with the rumoured big 40k orks release ?

Could be possible, but as 40k has variants like bomb squigs, that do not necessarily work for AoS, it might not happen. 

It hasn't been discussed much in here, but don't you guys feel like we could get a surprise Grots Battletome, and not only a Moonclan one ?

That faction focus got me thinking that it might not only be a fortunate coincidence ...