The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Hoseman said:

We will see how they manage that but if I spend 40 points for spell and cast 3 and in the next phase the second player moves 2 and I move 1... what wasted 80 points

Not everything moves though. So it’s your choice a utility spell the changes the battlefield in some way until dispelled or a risky high damage dealer. That could hurt you just as hard  

(Which is nothing new for the skaven players among us ;) 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

Does anyone have any thoughts on how updates to current Warscrolls--which in many cases seem absolutely necessary to me--will be handled when the new edition drops? I play Seraphon, and almost every Warscroll in my army mentions a spell-based summoning mechanic for the given unit that will no longer be in play. And there's been talk that at least one unit, the Engine of the Gods, will have some changes to its abilities.

On the one hand, it seems unlikely that GW would go though the hundreds of extant Warscrolls and update them all, but on the other hand, what might their workarounds be? A blanket statement in one of the new books saying something like "ignore the bits that don't apply anymore," only, y'know, in fancier language than that?

ETA Off topic, but it makes me irrationally happy that this is the 13,000th post in this topic.

Edited by Christopher Rowe
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Christopher Rowe said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on how updates to current Warscrolls--which in many cases seem absolutely necessary to me--will be handled when the new edition drops? I play Seraphon, and almost every Warscroll in my army mentions a spell-based summoning mechanic for the given unit that will no longer be in play. And there's been talk that at least one unit, the Engine of the Gods, will have some changes to its abilities.

On the one hand, it seems unlikely that GW would go though the hundreds of extant Warscrolls and update them all, but on the other hand, what might their workarounds be? A blanket statement in one of the new books saying something like "ignore the bits that don't apply anymore," only, y'know, in fancier language than that?

ETA Off topic, but it makes me irrationally happy that this is the 13,000th post in this topic.

They will have to update all the warscrolls to avoid confusion imo.  Otherwise you end up with some people playing from their books, some from the app, some from FAQs... It would be a mess.

7 hours ago, Christopher Rowe said:

I have a vague understanding of the last few summoning releases to help with this.  Take it apart as you wish.

Legions of Nagash:  new warscrolls for current models, no update for old/unrelated models (Tomb Kings, Flesh Eaters).  "Legends" book(?) to take care of obsolete models.  Summoning applies based on keyword SUMMONABLE.

Maggotkin of Nurgle:  Warscrolls for those in the book, some unlisted warscrolls (example: Exalted Great Unclean One) updated as well.  Summoning is a point system, like Seraphon.  Points for summoning are listed either in the book, or on the card.

Seraphon warscrolls one way or another need to be updated to remove the spell.  The points costs are in a table we have already seen.  Any new model will probably have summon points attached to the warscroll.

7 hours ago, Christopher Rowe said:

On the one hand, it seems unlikely that GW would go though the hundreds of extant Warscrolls and update them all, but on the other hand, what might their workarounds be?

Why not? I would be shocked if they didn't go through every warscroll in the game to tweak them in sensical ways to bring them into a new edition, clean up wording, and rebalance rules. For a company like them it would be ludicrous to not do this basic thing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dawnmane said:

I just realised the UK Games Expo is this weekend. Don't we all think that's when the release date for AOS 2 will be announced? Would make sense, and they've already announced that they will be previewing a lot of new stuff.

I think we will get a date as I think majority of the GW seminar will be about AOS. I'm hoping to be there so will try and relay any info but if I'm honest, you probably will get better info from the community site. I'm expecting some sneak peeks at some of the upcoming kits too, especially as GW are in partnership with the Expo this year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Does anyone reckon the mortarch of Grief could be Isabella von Carstein, doomed by Nagash to mourn Vlad for eternity as punishment for her, albeit unwilling, service to Nurgle? I mean, she distracted him so rats could blow up his pyramid, and hes not known to be forgiving...

as much as I can love the actual miniatures of mortarch and as much I love new miniatures My wallet is crying out loud that the new portarch of grief is one of the 3 already known mortarch....but it's afraid not.