The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Xasz said:

There are several definitions for a Mary Sue or Marty Sue, I should have made clear that I meant the one when a character is so perfect that you get sick of him.

To bring this to an end, I hate all SCE players regardless. :P

+++ Mod Hat On +++

I’m guessing this is in jest with the smiley at the end but such things aren’t immediately obvious on an Internet forum. So a gentle poke, please think about making comments like this in the future. I don’t want to come across as Big Brother but just be careful what you say in future, especially as hate is such a strong word. 

Cheers

• Like 2

5 hours ago, michu said:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Battletome-Stormcast-Eternals-ENG-HB-2017 

Looks like ScE Battletome is now on Last Chance to Buy. That means new one is coming with new edition.

As much as some people may dislike this, did we expect anything different? They are getting a ton of new models.

Also, it will be nice for SCE to get enclave/temple rules.  Yes I know plenty of armies could use this treatment, but it still is cool for SCE.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Caladancid said:

As much as some people may dislike this, did we expect anything different? They are getting a ton of new models.

Also, it will be nice for SCE to get enclave/temple rules.  Yes I know plenty of armies could use this treatment, but it still is cool for SCE.

Yup I think it’s good as the format of how they work has been refined now judging from last few books and it makes sense to include the new models in it. Going to be a massive book if it’s going to include all the scrolls. 

I have a question and dont know where to post it... how much time do battleforce packs stay on shops?? I know theres some battleforce boxes very difficult or impossible to buy. I say this because I like tzeentch box but dont wanna buy it right now as I have idoneth and the next starter box next month, but I dont wanna miss that box too

Edited by Hoseman

21 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I have a question and dont know where to post it... how much time do battleforce packs stay on shops?? I know theres some battleforce boxes very difficult or impossible to buy. I say this because I like tzeentch box but dont wanna buy it right now as I have idoneth and the next starter box next month, but I dont wanna miss that box too

If you mean the start collecting boxes they typically last until a new one is issued, given that Tzeentch has only recently been updated I cant see their Start Collecting disappearing anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

If you mean the start collecting boxes they typically last until a new one is issued, given that Tzeentch has only recently been updated I cant see their Start Collecting disappearing anytime soon.

Battleforce Tzeentch Arcanites Changecult

Think he means the battleforce above, not the start collecting.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to his question :(

39 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

The big $170 battleforce? Those are technically limited and once they are out of supply, they are gone. Get it while you can. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

À question out of the blue : do you think the endless/predatory spells will come in a "big" box or each on their own box ?

Jervis mentioned that there would be an initial release for the spells indicating we aren’t getting them all at once. I suspect the first set would be released in a big box with them available individually at a later date.

12 hours ago, Redmanphill said:

Jervis mentioned that there would be an initial release for the spells indicating we aren’t getting them all at once. I suspect the first set would be released in a big box with them available individually at a later date.

Yeah there were quote of lot slip ups in that conversation. (For those that didn’t see it it’s the podcast on WarhammerTV)

- shooting while within 3” of a enemy unit can only be directed at that unit

- endless spells are coming in release waves  

-there is a wall of fire model coming  (which sounds exciting because it really gets my imagination going on creating bottlenecks and protecting flanks)

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Yeah there were quote of lot slip ups in that conversation. (For those that didn’t see it it’s the podcast on WarhammerTV)

- shooting while within 3” of a enemy unit can only be directed at that unit

- endless spells are coming in release waves  

-there is a wall of fire model coming  (which sounds exciting because it really gets my imagination going on creating bottlenecks and protecting flanks)

I don't think they were slip ups. It was recorded a few days ago. They had plenty of time to edit stuff they didn't want getting out. They were deliberate teases and am sure we will see more teases in future episodes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Now imagine if arrows became fire arrows by passing through it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I don't think they were slip ups. It was recorded a few days ago. They had plenty of time to edit stuff they didn't want getting out. They were deliberate teases and am sure we will see more teases in future episodes. 

Could be. Would be a nice bit of rumour marketing. But then how would you call it? Hints instead of spoilers? 

Also dont forget the editor might not know the release schedule ;) (happened to me once as well, very annoying) 

2 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Shooting on 3" next to a unit must be directed to that unit. And I think someone said shooting on combat is not allowed isn't it? 

I like the changes, it goes more logical

Haven't heard the last part, do you mean you wouldn't be able to support a unit in combat with a free ranged unit? 

1 hour ago, FleetAdmiral said:

Haven't heard the last part, do you mean you wouldn't be able to support a unit in combat with a free ranged unit? 

Only the first part is confirmed, everything else is speculation afaik.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xasz said:

Only the first part is confirmed, everything else is speculation afaik.

yeah thought as much.

Just struck me as odd that you would not be able to shoot at a enemy unit because its in combat. I get why a unit in combat would only shoot at the enemy unit its in combat with. 

New faction focus is up: Flash-eater Courts

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/27/27th-may-faction-focus-flesh-eater-courtsgw-homepage-post-3/

I am really hoping they will also preview more Destruction factions like Beastclaw Raiders. At the moment it is just Order, Chaos, Death and Ironjawz. I am a little bit scared the only big changes they did for Destruction was Ironjawz. It would be really sad if GW sees Destruction as only Gobbos and Orruks now.

Edited by Infeston
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Infeston said:

New faction focus is up: Flash-eater Courts

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/27/27th-may-faction-focus-flesh-eater-courtsgw-homepage-post-3/#utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AOS&utm_content=AOSFactionFocusMay27

I am really hoping they will also preview more Destruction factions like Beastclaw Raiders. At the moment it is just Order, Chaos, Death and Ironjawz. I am a little bit scared the only big changes they did for Destruction was Ironjawz. It would be really sad if GW sees Destruction as only Gobbos and Orruks now.

I hope so too, they should at least do all the faction with a current Battletome (though they did do Slaanesh and Skaven)

The ones that are left are:

Seraphon, Pestilen, BCR, Bonesplitter, KO, Idoneth, 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 7:06 AM, Gaz Taylor said:

Yup I think it’s good as the format of how they work has been refined now judging from last few books and it makes sense to include the new models in it. Going to be a massive book if it’s going to include all the scrolls. 

It might be worth it at this point for GW to consider splitting Stormcast into a few smaller allegiances based on Chambers - like space marines and chapters.

I am sure some will disagree, but I really like the smaller type of themed allegiances that GW has been making (the ones with battletomes so far) such as Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords, Daughters is Khaine, etc.  They are small enough that you collect most or all of the faction easily but large enough that you can make a few different types of armies.  They also seem to have a bit more space for expansion of a few models but they really don’t need much more (a few could use a bit more choices - like more Ironjawz heros).  

But with what it would take to collect the majority of a faction in 40k you could collect a few allegiances in Age or Sigmar and I like that.  I don’t really care for the huge monolithic factions.

• Like 3